Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joachim's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 591
Default AF reserve/ Guard training

Hey guys,

Quick question. If one gets on with a guard or AF reserve unit, how often can I expect to see my family during training if at all?

Thanks
Joachim is offline  
Old 01-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #2  
Line Holder
 
Tweetdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: A-300 F/O
Posts: 79
Default

TOO VAGUE to answer.

Are you talking enlisted basic training? 8 weeks at Lackland in San Antonio, not but one weekend during training and at graduation

Are you talking enlisted tech schools? Depends on school and their rules

Are you talking OTS at Maxwell? Probably about the same as at enlisted basic.

Are you talking flight school after getting a commission? All the time at night after a 12 hour day in the flight room, if you take the spouse with you. If you leave the spouse at home because they have a good job, then you will see the spouse whenever they come to see you on weekends or after those 12 hour days in the flight room.
Tweetdrvr is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #3  
Line Holder
 
SQUAWK3274's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Posts: 26
Default

Well said, Tweet...He asked a quick question, he got a quick answer. I guess it wasn't what he wanted to hear...how's Laughlin these days? - not so anonymous former Joker stud of the 11-15 variety
SQUAWK3274 is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #4  
Line Holder
 
Tweetdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: A-300 F/O
Posts: 79
Default

DLF same as always. Everyday at UPT is groundhog day.

Sending you a PM

For all the Laughlin Alums who haven't seen lovely Del Rio by the Sea in a few years, or decades. They are building a new bypass four lane highway as part of NAFTA stuff that intersects US 277 just north of the back gate access road, cuts under the T-6 pattern, crosses US 90 just west of Gateway apartments, runs out under T-6 initial and radar initial out to 277 by the lake. Should make commuting for those who live by the lake very nice. Should be a boon to business, both legal and illegal. Gas stations, Quickie Marts, Truck Stops and lot lizards on the way.

The Herald, one of Del Rio's finest dining establishments since circa 2004, in old Del Rio has closed.

Manuel's Mexican from over in Acuna has opened an establishment on Veteran's Blvd/Ave F.

Plaza del Sol still tiny, but movies still cheap. Matinee prices still about $4. All day Tuesday $4. And full price might be $7. Tiny theater, no stadium seats, but great place to see movies that you might not give second thought to seeing otherwise.

Del Rio now a 2 Subway, 3 McDonalds, 1 Schotzky, 1 Jack in the Box, 1 Wendy's, 1 What-a-burger, 1 DQ, no Taco Bell, no Popeyes fast food town.

No one knows what is up with Crosby's and Corona Club since border is all but closed to DOD personnel.

That is all.
Tweetdrvr is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
thrust's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetdrvr View Post
DLF same as always. Everyday at UPT is groundhog day.

Sending you a PM

For all the Laughlin Alums who haven't seen lovely Del Rio by the Sea in a few years, or decades. They are building a new bypass four lane highway as part of NAFTA stuff that intersects US 277 just north of the back gate access road, cuts under the T-6 pattern, crosses US 90 just west of Gateway apartments, runs out under T-6 initial and radar initial out to 277 by the lake. Should make commuting for those who live by the lake very nice. Should be a boon to business, both legal and illegal. Gas stations, Quickie Marts, Truck Stops and lot lizards on the way.

The Herald, one of Del Rio's finest dining establishments since circa 2004, in old Del Rio has closed.

Manuel's Mexican from over in Acuna has opened an establishment on Veteran's Blvd/Ave F.

Plaza del Sol still tiny, but movies still cheap. Matinee prices still about $4. All day Tuesday $4. And full price might be $7. Tiny theater, no stadium seats, but great place to see movies that you might not give second thought to seeing otherwise.

Del Rio now a 2 Subway, 3 McDonalds, 1 Schotzky, 1 Jack in the Box, 1 Wendy's, 1 What-a-burger, 1 DQ, no Taco Bell, no Popeyes fast food town.

No one knows what is up with Crosby's and Corona Club since border is all but closed to DOD personnel.

That is all.
Sounds as terrible as ever. Which means it's certain to make it through any and all BRACs. At least it's not Clovis I guess.
thrust is online now  
Old 01-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #6  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Posts: 2
Default

Sorry K-...no "Schotzky". I only wish.
jetIP is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #7  
Working weekends
 
satpak77's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat
Posts: 2,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetdrvr View Post
DLF same as always. Everyday at UPT is groundhog day.

Sending you a PM

For all the Laughlin Alums who haven't seen lovely Del Rio by the Sea in a few years, or decades. They are building a new bypass four lane highway as part of NAFTA stuff that intersects US 277 just north of the back gate access road, cuts under the T-6 pattern, crosses US 90 just west of Gateway apartments, runs out under T-6 initial and radar initial out to 277 by the lake. Should make commuting for those who live by the lake very nice. Should be a boon to business, both legal and illegal. Gas stations, Quickie Marts, Truck Stops and lot lizards on the way.

The Herald, one of Del Rio's finest dining establishments since circa 2004, in old Del Rio has closed.

Manuel's Mexican from over in Acuna has opened an establishment on Veteran's Blvd/Ave F.

Plaza del Sol still tiny, but movies still cheap. Matinee prices still about $4. All day Tuesday $4. And full price might be $7. Tiny theater, no stadium seats, but great place to see movies that you might not give second thought to seeing otherwise.

Del Rio now a 2 Subway, 3 McDonalds, 1 Schotzky, 1 Jack in the Box, 1 Wendy's, 1 What-a-burger, 1 DQ, no Taco Bell, no Popeyes fast food town.

No one knows what is up with Crosby's and Corona Club since border is all but closed to DOD personnel.

That is all.
Tweet, Manuels in DR blows. Their salad dressing they keep on the table is Country Fare or whatever the generic HEB brand is. They don't serve Sprite, it will be Spritz or the generic HEB equivalent.

If you walk/drive across the bridge, that street is largely closed shops and businesses. I think Crosby's is closed. No, nobody needs to cross over, way too dangerous.

when is that highway gonna be open ? I have not been in DR since 2009. Where is the singles place? It used to be Rich's headed towards Chili's but now I am dating myself....
satpak77 is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #8  
Line Holder
 
Tweetdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: A-300 F/O
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetIP View Post
Sorry K-...no "Schotzky". I only wish.
Oops, meant Quiznos, I was thinking of the Schlotzky's in San Angelo
Tweetdrvr is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #9  
Line Holder
 
Tweetdrvr's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: A-300 F/O
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpak77 View Post
Tweet, Manuels in DR blows. Their salad dressing they keep on the table is Country Fare or whatever the generic HEB brand is. They don't serve Sprite, it will be Spritz or the generic HEB equivalent.

If you walk/drive across the bridge, that street is largely closed shops and businesses. I think Crosby's is closed. No, nobody needs to cross over, way too dangerous.

when is that highway gonna be open ? I have not been in DR since 2009. Where is the singles place? It used to be Rich's headed towards Chili's but now I am dating myself....
yes, Manuels does do some funny things, but they try, and the food is relatively good for the price

Rich's Wow that is going back in time. That thing closed in 2000 or 1999.

Also forgot to mention that Luby's is closed---no more Luann Platters, but I think Fuddruckers is going into that spot.

Highway should be open by end of this year.

I don't know where the singles place is, Diamond Lil's is still there behind the Ramada, and of course once you mention the Ramada, you have to go the Whitehorse Lounge.

This is some serious thread drift!!! Funny
Tweetdrvr is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #10  
Working weekends
 
satpak77's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat
Posts: 2,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetdrvr View Post
yes, Manuels does do some funny things, but they try, and the food is relatively good for the price

Rich's Wow that is going back in time. That thing closed in 2000 or 1999.

Also forgot to mention that Luby's is closed---no more Luann Platters, but I think Fuddruckers is going into that spot.

Highway should be open by end of this year.

I don't know where the singles place is, Diamond Lil's is still there behind the Ramada, and of course once you mention the Ramada, you have to go the Whitehorse Lounge.

This is some serious thread drift!!! Funny
don't forget Chintos for breakfast tacos

what about Jitra ? You know I went there all the time in 1996, it was "the place" for Oriental food, flash forward to 2009, and about 10 different foreign countries later, and Jitras was a joke. aquariums with fish and ice tea and sweet and sour sauce. fortune cookies bought in bulk from Sams/Costco.

Big whoop. Not impressed (any more)

DR has Rudys BBQ now, thats a pretty good place
satpak77 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am 40....should I look at the accelerated programs? turk Flight Schools and Training 29 01-13-2012 06:58 AM
Proposed FAA Rest Requirements: Sept 14, 2010 757Driver Major 26 08-09-2011 06:50 AM
Guard or reserve at JetBlue? bullmechum Major 5 02-08-2008 04:46 PM
Fdx Passover Pay Issue PCNUTT Cargo 37 05-23-2007 09:12 PM
CAL Training and Reserve? Relic01 Major 15 02-19-2007 11:12 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:10 AM.