Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour Aviation / Onejet

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 06:42 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Anyone know how one can purchase an existing air carrier without the FAA or DOT being involved ?

According to the FAA and DO,T ONEJET has not applied for any merger and or acquisition of Ultimate Jet.

One Jet appears to be a clown show that has squandered several millions of dollars.

Mathew Maguire, the head huckster and 3 card monte dealer should have stuck with RC planes and drones instead.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Captain AJ View Post
Anyone know how one can purchase an existing air carrier without the FAA or DOT being involved ?

According to the FAA and DO,T ONEJET has not applied for any merger and or acquisition of Ultimate Jet.

One Jet appears to be a clown show that has squandered several millions of dollars.

Mathew Maguire, the head huckster and 3 card monte dealer should have stuck with RC planes and drones instead.
If I remember correctly, as long as management at UJC stays the same, there is no involvement required of the FAA or DOT. There would be no merger as there is nothing to merge since Onejet is purely a virtual airline at this point.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:26 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Tpinks View Post
If I remember correctly, as long as management at UJC stays the same, there is no involvement required of the FAA or DOT. There would be no merger as there is nothing to merge since Onejet is purely a virtual airline at this point.
OneJet is a virtual airline ?

Maguire claimed he bought them outright, their is ZERO evidence that has happened. The FAA has entire sections what needs to be done, with the very first step of notification to the FAA, which has not been done.

8900.1 Vol. 3 Ch 34 Sec 1, Air Carrier Mergers and theAcquisition of Air Carrier Operational Assets

ONEJET is a psuedo charter company that has contracted with Ultimate Jet to fly what is left of their dwindling routes until they cease business.

How many millions do they owe to Contour for past flights they operated and never paid ?
Old 08-04-2018, 10:25 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Not seeing an issue here IF Ultimate's objective is to raise capital (which it appears to be). Onejet is an investor who's objective is to pour money into that corporation for a return then that is all it is. Is the management changing? If so, the FAA will take care of that at the FISDO level. Filings have to be done with the SEC and the IRS as to whom the investors or owners are and those investors or corporations must declare profit or losses.

Tpinks probably should have instead labeled them as an "investors" instead as a "virtual airline".
Old 08-05-2018, 09:20 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by tracer997 View Post
Not seeing an issue here IF Ultimate's objective is to raise capital (which it appears to be). Onejet is an investor who's objective is to pour money into that corporation for a return then that is all it is. Is the management changing? If so, the FAA will take care of that at the FISDO level. Filings have to be done with the SEC and the IRS as to whom the investors or owners are and those investors or corporations must declare profit or losses.

Tpinks probably should have instead labeled them as an "investors" instead as a "virtual airline".
I contacted Ultimate Air on Friday and spoke directly with Rick Pawlak the managing director of Ultimate. The deal with ONEJET is dead.

ONEJET promised the moon to them and delivered nothing, the only deal they have is to fly a couple of routes under a charter contract agreement that will be dead if ONEJET is more than 48 hours late on paying their monthly bill.

People gone from ONEJETS board of directors :

Former DELTA VP and founder of Virgin America Fred Reid

Former US DOT Secretary Ray LaHood

Former Midwest Airlines CEO Timothy Hoeksema

ONEJET has never made a penny since its inception... the clock is ticking ...
Old 08-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Captain AJ View Post
OneJet is a virtual airline ?

Maguire claimed he bought them outright, their is ZERO evidence that has happened. The FAA has entire sections what needs to be done, with the very first step of notification to the FAA, which has not been done.

8900.1 Vol. 3 Ch 34 Sec 1, Air Carrier Mergers and theAcquisition of Air Carrier Operational Assets

ONEJET is a psuedo charter company that has contracted with Ultimate Jet to fly what is left of their dwindling routes until they cease business.

How many millions do they owe to Contour for past flights they operated and never paid ?
Yes a virtual airline. Look it up, it's not just a term for airlines on a flight simulator...

Onejet is not an air carrier. It simply sells tickets on publicly chartered aircraft which they arrange. They are no different than what Direct Air did or any of the other Contour EAS "airlines".
Old 08-06-2018, 06:25 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Tpinks View Post
Yes a virtual airline. Look it up, it's not just a term for airlines on a flight simulator...

Onejet is not an air carrier. It simply sells tickets on publicly chartered aircraft which they arrange. They are no different than what Direct Air did or any of the other Contour EAS "airlines".
ONE JET is ticket broker, nothing more ...

Their SEC filling ... appears they tried to find 15,000,000 dollars for direct equity investment, but only ended up with 4,000,000 dollars.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...rimary_doc.xml

Very strange they would be incorporated in one of the highest tax states in the nation a state they do not fly to and never have, another stupid mistake.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:05 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Anyone have any additional info about the FO position out of OAK? Typical schedule? Pay? Expansion of routes? Length of contract the existing flying will last?

Thank in advance for any info, or if you have a contact that wouldn't mind me emailing or PM'ing them.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by journeybird View Post
Anyone have any additional info about the FO position out of OAK? Typical schedule? Pay? Expansion of routes? Length of contract the existing flying will last?

Thank in advance for any info, or if you have a contact that wouldn't mind me emailing or PM'ing them.
Schedule is approximately 18 days per month broken into 3-5 day pairings for locally based FO's. Pay is $40-45K I believe. The OAK base is a result of the CEC EAS contract which was a 30 month term beginning in April so just over two years left. The flights are doing very well - over an 80% load factor. I've heard rumors of an additional route out of OAK to be announced soon.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:27 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Hey journeybird, I just finished the EMB145 SIC Type at Flight Safety and am an Oakland based pilot. Heading to IOE in Macon , GA next week then start flying the line on the 29th. PM me if you want any info on the hiring process, training sequence, company info, etc and I'll be happy to pass on what I know so far.