Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Question Is this right about the Co. paid Health Ins?

Originally Posted by JRSK View Post
I had not heard this. Think I saw someone say you were back to good insurance though. How much a month are you paying and are their copays too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey all,

I regularly send pilots your way, especially ones with big families, because of your Company-paid Health Insurance for the entire family. And this is what really sets you and NetJets apart from everyone else...

Is it true that it went away, and if so, wouldn’t that be an overall decrease in your total compensation? I am asking because I didn’t see any big outcry on this thread other than that the new insurance, while free, wasn’t as good or accepted. Also, I ran into one of your crews that said that your combined seniority list after the Mountain Aviation acquisition was over 1,000 pilots. That’s pretty awesome.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey all,

I regularly send pilots your way, especially ones with big families, because of your Company-paid Health Insurance for the entire family. And this is what really sets you and NetJets apart from everyone else...

Is it true that it went away, and if so, wouldn’t that be an overall decrease in your total compensation? I am asking because I didn’t see any big outcry on this thread other than that the new insurance, while free, wasn’t as good or accepted. Also, I ran into one of your crews that said that your combined seniority list after the Mountain Aviation acquisition was over 1,000 pilots. That’s pretty awesome.
Yes, It's true that health insurance used to be 100% paid by the company but now we pay for it out of pocket. This coincided with a salary increase, so for most people it's a wash. That's if you opt for the PHCS program, which caused some headaches when it was introduced last year.
The Cigna insurance is superior coverage but significantly more expensive.
The health insurance when I first started here 6 years ago was fantastic. It got progressively worse over the years so yes, if you go for the Cigna program it's a net loss. The company submitted a memo acknowledging this, with a plan to adjust compensation some time in the near future. We also received a larger than usual end of year bonus and an additional week of vacation for those that have been here more than 5 years.
Old 12-10-2021, 12:08 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Default Payscale

I've seen a bunch of conflicting info on the pay scale for FO as well as the per diem. Anyone have the actual numbers?
Old 12-10-2021, 12:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey all,

As of the new year, the company is paying for the employees coverage, but the rest of the family is paid for by the employee. Another new pay scale with decent raises again, also. AMAS coverage, which is huge if you ever need to use it. There’s also a couple other improvements that have t been finalized quite yet.
Old 12-10-2021, 01:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by iflybygps View Post
I've seen a bunch of conflicting info on the pay scale for FO as well as the per diem. Anyone have the actual numbers?
SICs in the KA, Light, and mid jets start at $70000. Per Diem is now $69/day domestic and I believe it’s still 81/day international.
Old 12-10-2021, 02:53 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Position: BE300 Left Seat

How about starting Captains pay? Did it go up as well?

Old 12-11-2021, 05:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by JRSK View Post
How about starting Captains pay? Did it go up as well?

$96000 KA through mid jet.
Old 12-11-2021, 10:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Also they now pay for you to get your ATP-CTP!
Old 12-11-2021, 05:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by nfpilot914 View Post
Also they now pay for you to get your ATP-CTP!

We always have, that’s never changed

Old 01-02-2022, 01:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
SICs in the KA, Light, and mid jets start at $70000. Per Diem is now $69/day domestic and I believe it’s still 81/day international.
Is the perdiem paid or reimbursed for actual meal costs?