Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 05:39 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Position: New Hire
Default Wheel Up/GAMA phone interview

I had a phone interview with WheesUp/GAMA recently and am currently in the process of filling out all of the PRIA paperwork and submitting copies of all required licenses/certificates. The phone interview was with one of their training/evaluator pilots. Prior to the interview I received an e-mail with copies of Jeppesen charts; one approach and an arrival.

I wore a suit and tie for the interview and the interviewer wore a Polo shirt. Initially he asked me to walk him through my resume and then asked a couple of questions about the arrival, max/min altitudes at different points on the published arrival, wx mins etc. Once the interview was over he explained the hiring process. I could see him taking notes during our conversation and he said he would forward his notes to a hiring committee that would decide whether or not to proceed any further. Two or three days later I received an e-mail from HR with several attachments including an explanation of benefits, tentative training schedule plus dates/locations and required PRIA paperwork.

I was told to expect to travel to Shelton, CT for a few days of indoc followed by recurrent training at Flight Safety in Atlanta, Miami or Wichita. So far everyone has been super nice and accommodating, hopefully that continues to be the case.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Default Where is the base list for Gama Wheels Up?

[QUOTE=jbeauv;2988276]
Originally Posted by tohellandback View Post

you have to live within 2 hours of a base. Bases in SEA
There were no bases listed anywhere when I applied. The ad literally stated, "King Air 350i Captains Nationwide." The Gama website says "Various Locations, United States." I figured since I live within the confines of the contiguous United States that I was eligible to apply. They didn't hire me because they wanted to save $50.00 per ticket on average; plain and simple. They should list the airports that they want you to live next to, and not waste people's time. It's not that difficult.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:30 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2019

[QUOTE=tohellandback;2988770]
Originally Posted by jbeauv View Post

There were no bases listed anywhere when I applied. The ad literally stated, "King Air 350i Captains Nationwide." The Gama website says "Various Locations, United States." I figured since I live within the confines of the contiguous United States that I was eligible to apply. They didn't hire me because they wanted to save $50.00 per ticket on average; plain and simple. They should list the airports that they want you to live next to, and not waste people's time. It's not that difficult.
I'm in the process of trying to get them to open Spokane as a tier 2 base. If you have access to climb350 you can see all of their bases in the site.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:19 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2017

The Q&A linked from the announcement from WUP HR says that there will be no changes to compensation or benefits until the next review and enrollment period.

So I take it that we don’t need to wait around for any improvements in that department.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Talking Wheels Up Pilots Assoc.?

Wow... Congratulations on joining Wheels Up officially...!

You guys are getting so big, you all need to set up the Wheels Up Pilots Association with DPJ and TMC😀!
Old 03-04-2020, 12:24 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Wow... Congratulations on joining Wheels Up officially...!

You guys are getting so big, you all need to set up the Wheels Up Pilots Association with DPJ and TMC😀!
fine, but only if we can find a way to make the acronym for our union “WUPOW”
Old 03-05-2020, 08:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

[QUOTE=tohellandback;2988770]
Originally Posted by jbeauv View Post

I do not believe it was the cost of an airline ticket, that does not seem to play on/off tour travel. I have received tickets to my base on Delta with a stop in ATL $285.00. The flight was delayed for 3 hours and would of missed my connection. They sent me a new reservation on JB, nonstop $168.00.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Bases

14FE59E7-E78C-4620-AB92-12C538A3E75A.jpg

And I am sure they will entertain other tier 2 bases, the catch is that you will probably have to wave the overtime for travel. I rarely get home after 19:00 local at my tier 2 base.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:58 PM
Line Holder

The conference call today was regarding COVID-19 and wheels up’s response to it. Just in case you missed it.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by MikeBates View Post
The conference call today was regarding COVID-19 and wheels up’s response to it. Just in case you missed it.
Is that what you heard?