Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Imagine Air

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 08:16 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Any of ya'll have udates on Imagine Air? I have a couple of questions about flying for them.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:25 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2013

What do you want to know? I may be able to help.

David
Old 03-21-2018, 03:53 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2017
Default Salary and Benefits

Looking for Salary and Benefits.

Thank you
Old 04-06-2018, 05:50 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Partially out of morbid curiosity, I applied. First question from the recruiter via email was "what is minimum compensation you would require." I kid you not. I dodged the question and asked questions about the company. He brushed them off and got back to the only thing he seemed to care about, "We start at $40-45k. If that is acceptable to you we can continue." Possibly the most disrespected I've ever felt talking to an aviation recruiter. Sounds like they want pilots with no self-respect who can fog a window. Not sure why anyone is going there.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:02 PM
On Reserve

That's a shame you were made to feel that way and that's not representative of the experience I had. That being said, I suspect they would like to know the name of the recruiter. I know they have "contractors" that work for them in that area. If you PM me the name, I'll pass it along.

As for the particulars, if you applied, you saw the fact sheet. Full time is 4 on , 3 off. Home most nights. Per diem, company credit card and good hotels. I work flex so I don't know all the particulars with regard to salary and benefits. This is my first 135 job so I don't have a great frame of reference but I'm happy with the how they approach maintenance and the safety culture.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by KPhill4760 View Post
Partially out of morbid curiosity, I applied. First question from the recruiter via email was "what is minimum compensation you would require." I kid you not. I dodged the question and asked questions about the company. He brushed them off and got back to the only thing he seemed to care about, "We start at $40-45k. If that is acceptable to you we can continue." Possibly the most disrespected I've ever felt talking to an aviation recruiter. Sounds like they want pilots with no self-respect who can fog a window. Not sure why anyone is going there.
With all due respect, you shouldn't be so sensitive. If that had happened to me I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Get over it.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Why continue the interview if you wouldn't take the offer due to salary. I'm sure that was their thought process. Saves everyone some time.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2018, 08:57 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: B-767 FO

This is their culture. Rusty, the chief pilot, gets all bent out of shape if you try to negotiate compensation. He says, “Why would I pay you more when I can get a retired airline pilot with 30,000 hours to do the same job?” Whatever works for them 🤷*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2018, 11:25 AM
On Reserve

[QUOTE=thefalken;2571500]This is their culture. Rusty, the chief pilot, gets all bent out of shape if you try to negotiate compensation. He says, “Why would I pay you more when I can get a retired airline pilot with 30,000 hours to do the same job?” Whatever works for them 🤷*♂️

Different chief pilot these days.
Old 04-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by thefalken View Post
This is their culture. Rusty, the chief pilot, gets all bent out of shape if you try to negotiate compensation. He says, “Why would I pay you more when I can get a retired airline pilot with 30,000 hours to do the same job?” Whatever works for them 🤷*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can’t blame them for that.