Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC Jet Or wheelsup/Gama Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 08:48 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Default TMC Jet Or wheelsup/Gama Aviation

Dear Fellow Pilots

Need advise to pick one of theses operators .

Both are 8 on 6 days of 1 year to upgrade

B-350 or BE-400 ?

Thank you in Advance

Fly safe
Old 10-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: 121

Xojet over either of those.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

With all of the airlines hiring? XO Jet would definitely be the correct choice of those mentioned.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

Check out flyExcusive as well, we don’t get worked as hard as the Wheels Up King Air pilots. Certainly preferable to TMC.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:15 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013

Anywhere but TMC. Their days are numbered. They were just dropped by the Teamsters (not making a for/against union call), TPG just sold XO Jet to Vista Jet and TMC is now their stand alone property.

Things are probably not going to get better for pilots at TMC.

I'm sure you'll work hard at Wheels Up, but a much better environment than Travel Management.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:34 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Sqwk7700 View Post
Xojet over either of those.
I know this wasn't in the original question. But I'll agree with XO. Many of us on here are happy to answer questions as well. PM if ya like.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:00 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by flyskisail View Post
I know this wasn't in the original question. But I'll agree with XO. Many of us on here are happy to answer questions as well. PM if ya like.
Well , I don’t know what to say or expect in aviation any more .

I have sent my resume to XO and never heard back ,since not been current for a few years but I believe experience always should matter since you can put any person in the class to be current .

It’s not funny when the endeavor Pilot Recruiter tells me if I am willing to pay my self to be current in C-172 in order to get an interview .

With over 5000TT and 4K multi over 3k Jet and PIC time and over 2k jet PIC with 3 Type Rating , No sir no need C-172 in this time of aviation to be considered.maybe 25 years ago but times been changed .

Thank y’all
Old 10-06-2018, 06:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Dragon Jet View Post
Well , I don’t know what to say or expect in aviation any more .

I have sent my resume to XO and never heard back ,since not been current for a few years but I believe experience always should matter since you can put any person in the class to be current .

It’s not funny when the endeavor Pilot Recruiter tells me if I am willing to pay my self to be current in C-172 in order to get an interview .

With over 5000TT and 4K multi over 3k Jet and PIC time and over 2k jet PIC with 3 Type Rating , No sir no need C-172 in this time of aviation to be considered.maybe 25 years ago but times been changed .

Thank y’all
I’m not sure I understand why it was such an outrageous request to get yourself current if you are not. I have twice the time as you and I took many years off from flying. The very first thing I did when I came back was get a bfr and an ipc just to make sure I havn’t forgotten everything. It does two things...shows that you take initiative and also gets you past a few computers that would otherwise throw out your application out because it sees you as not being qualified.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

I read and thought the exact same thing. I wouldnt spend a little short term cash for a better return on my investment either, thats just crazy! Sounds like a perfect match for TMC.
Old 10-06-2018, 08:08 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: Phenom

Currency in something is your friend no matter where you want to fly. Especially being current in the past 12 months.

If you haven’t read the threads about TMC both on here and *************, you’d be well served to do so. It’s a dumpster fire and I believe all of us are surprised that it hasn’t burnt to the ground before now. Keep in mind that they’re operating a dying airframe, have parked a lot of jets, are poorly staffed, closed maintenance facilities, etc. Their days are numbered.

I have several friends at XO who are all really happy and it was the place I really wanted to work when I first retired from the military. Once you get current, go to a job fair and meet their reps to hand in a resume personally. It’s the best way to get their attention and a potential interview.