Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List

Old 11-04-2018, 03:36 AM   #11  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: Flying a desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike400 View Post
Great write up, thank you. What are competitive minimums? The website shows 900TT, but are they more lenient if you already live close to a NE base?
Mins are more or less flexible based on need. For example if management needs pilots who can upgrade fast the mins are actually 1000+ if they are looking for SICs who will be SIC for a little bit mins may be lowered to 700 or in some cases Iíve seen a few get hired around 600.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:29 AM   #12  
New Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dera View Post
For people who chose not to upgrade (and those who were chosen not to...), the contract is null and void. There were people who were happy to fly as an SIC until 1500, no harm no foul to them.
Ah so no forced upgrades? Totally there is zero commitment if you come in and leave as sic? And If you do chose to upgrade itís only a year obligation from the upgrade time?
Old 11-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #13  
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 175 FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFI41500 View Post
Ah so no forced upgrades? Totally there is zero commitment if you come in and leave as sic? And If you do chose to upgrade itís only a year obligation from the upgrade time?
No-one is getting forced to upgrade here.
We had a couple of guys come and leave as SICs, no harm no foul.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:39 PM   #14  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Quote:
No-one is getting forced to upgrade here.
We had a couple of guys come and leave as SICs, no harm no foul.
So the guy on the first page says the contract starts on day 1 as a SIC. So if Iím reading this correctly, you donít need to upgrade and can leave without a contract obligation?
Old 11-04-2018, 03:37 PM   #15  
In a land of unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyhigh728 View Post
So the guy on the first page says the contract starts on day 1 as a SIC. So if Iím reading this correctly, you donít need to upgrade and can leave without a contract obligation?
The new contract is different than what I signed, so I'm not 100% sure. The way I understand it is, that if you don't upgrade within 90 days of meeting 135 IFR PIC requirements, then you are free to go. But @MaxMar knows the new contract better than I do.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:11 AM   #16  
On Reserve

Position: Flying a desk

Quote:
The new contract is different than what I signed, so I'm not 100% sure. The way I understand it is, that if you don't upgrade within 90 days of meeting 135 IFR PIC requirements, then you are free to go. But @MaxMar knows the new contract better than I do.
It also gets changed time to time even someone in the last class my gave a different contract than a brand new hire.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:25 AM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFI41500 View Post
So the contract is really for 1 year as PIC? What if you donít upgrade within 90 hours of your mins.... do you have a choice to not upgrade or are you going to be stuck in the contract regardless when you get hired as SIC?
After clarifying with management, the upgrade under the contract I discribed is compulsory. As itís written, if you choose not to upgrade youíd still be on the hook. I should also clarify my original statement

Quote:
if you arenít in class within 90 days of 135.243 youíre off the hook
Is incorrect...thatís only if you are not *offered* the opportunity to upgrade. Offered being defined as a written letter informing you they want to upgrade you.

In regards to enforceability and how passionate TW is in pursuing the contract is beyond me. I donít get the vibe that management are unreasonable people, I think theyíd be open to negotiation in the right circumstances. ĎRight circumstancesí probably not being jumping ship for a regional.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #18  
In a land of unicorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
After clarifying with management, the upgrade under the contract I discribed is compulsory. As itís written, if you choose not to upgrade youíd still be on the hook. I should also clarify my original statement

Is incorrect...thatís only if you are not *offered* the opportunity to upgrade. Offered being defined as a written letter informing you they want to upgrade you.

In regards to enforceability and how passionate TW is in pursuing the contract is beyond me. I donít get the vibe that management are unreasonable people, I think theyíd be open to negotiation in the right circumstances. ĎRight circumstancesí probably not being jumping ship for a regional.
Ok. That has changed. Shame.

I doubt that contract would hold it court though. That's way beyond unconscionable.