Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Old 11-23-2018, 11:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Phenom Captain

Originally Posted by Ontarieaux View Post
Didn’t want to get involved but Island Hop you are seeming a little too much like a fanboy. There is a lot of good about Jet Suite but a LOT needs to be fixed, especially on the X side.

Furthermore, we are NOT union. JPAC is an advisory committee to management. Do you even know how unions work? We don’t have one.

Jet Suite isn’t a terrible place to be by any means, but there is still a lot of work to be done in the QOL department. The pay is fine but it’s not groundbreaking. Certainly a step up but there is nobody but you singing their praises for the new pay. It brought us from well below industry standard to being on par with a low middle-tier regional. Woo.

Your lack of understanding of the industry throughout this thread continues to make me wonder if you are even a pilot here or just a management plant. By the way, NetJets isn’t 135, they’re 91K.

At this point I almost entirely doubt you are a pilot actively flying here and not someone who works in recruiting.
you are right. i am a fan of a good place to work with decent pay, pilot conditions and QOL who wouldn't be?

like every company there is room for improvement. x and inc are both going through growing pains (as to be expected for any company transitioning from small to large)

trust me i am fully aware of how a union works. i spent 2 years paying those ALPA guys to screw eagle/envoy while PSA and Piedmont slashed em at the knees while i was at eaglevoy... I was there got the T-shirt and want nothing to do with anything relating to a pilot union.

QOL? what kind of QOL of life issues are you seeing please enlighten us.

The new pay on par with low-middle tier regional??? that statement alone discredits a lot of what you have to say... please find a regional that tops our pay scale from first year FO to 20 year captain and doesn't have a ridiculous tax riddled bonus attached to it. Compare straight pay to pay. go ahead I'll wait.

definitely not a management plant... just a pilot who has been in the industry for 11 years in both 121 and 135 trying to offer facts to people considering Jetsuite.

and since we are in the weeds MY MISTAKE NETJETS IS 91K... my comparison was purely to their benefits and pay package. it is irrelevant what kind of Regulations they operate under since pilots all do the same essential tasks. Flight plan, preflight, fly and post flight.

hope this satisfies your insecurities Ontarieaux
Old 11-23-2018, 11:56 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018

We all want to see JetSuite get better and become the place that you’ve decided it is in your head, but for the majority of folks here it’s not there yet. The pay was a great first step and the company seems to actively be seeking to improve, I just hope the trend continues that way.

It’s undoubtedly apparent the X side is having far more growing pains than inc., and that makes it so difficult to compare the two.

I didn’t want to come here to start an argument by any means. I do agree that it has been an excellent place to work and we have some amazing people who work here. But it’s nonsense to say that we don’t have our shortcomings.

P.S. Are we ever getting those Gulfstreams? Lol.
Old 11-23-2018, 12:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Phenom Captain

Originally Posted by Ontarieaux View Post
We all want to see JetSuite get better and become the place that you’ve decided it is in your head, but for the majority of folks here it’s not there yet. The pay was a great first step and the company seems to actively be seeking to improve, I just hope the trend continues that way.

It’s undoubtedly apparent the X side is having far more growing pains than inc., and that makes it so difficult to compare the two.

I didn’t want to come here to start an argument by any means. I do agree that it has been an excellent place to work and we have some amazing people who work here. But it’s nonsense to say that we don’t have our shortcomings.

P.S. Are we ever getting those Gulfstreams? Lol.

No argument started man. We both agree Jetsuite has room for improvement. (Every company in the world aviation related or not does).

My hopes for this thread are to offer fact based information for people to form their own opinions. I can see where I might have injected my opinions and will work towards removing that from future posts.

Gulf streams. I don’t wanna count chickens before they hatch we will wait and see on that. Once those are a fact we will definitely discuss it within this thread.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:32 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Default Let’s all relax and compare notes!

I’ve been with X for some time now and here are my observations.
1.) Really awesome work environment
2.) Good place to start if you have 1500 or close to 1500 hours. Especially after the new pay package.
3.) Building on point 2, not really a good option for a sub 1000 or 500 hour pilot because of the less number of hours they FOs are getting, which is NOT 20 hours, it’s more in the vicinity of 35-45 a month.
4.) Benefits are decent and schedules are awesome. 8/6 or 7/7 or 4/3.
5.) Hotels are always above average, even if you get stuck somewhere, you have a company card to get a room and are given a limit of $250. Company sponsored Uber to and from the Hotel is a blessing, being someone who has used airport shuttles before I can attest to that.
6.) 50 dollars per day for meals over and above the 51 dollar per deim is good.
8.) upgrades are quick, currently running around 10 months to a year max.
9.) As more people upgrade the flying for FOs will also pick up.
10.) Might not be that important for some but for me it makes a lot of difference when you are not just considered pilot no. (insert number here) and people actually know your name, your background and you as a person.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by CFI2ATP View Post
2.) Good place to start if you have 1500 or close to 1500 hours. Especially after the new pay package.
3.) Building on point 2, not really a good option for a sub 1000 or 500 hour pilot because of the less number of hours they FOs are getting, which is NOT 20 hours, it’s more in the vicinity of 35-45 a month.
5.) Hotels are always above average, even if you get stuck somewhere, you have a company card to get a room and are given a limit of $250. Company sponsored Uber to and from the Hotel is a blessing, being someone who has used airport shuttles before I can attest to that.
10.) Might not be that important for some but for me it makes a lot of difference when you are not just considered pilot no. (insert number here) and people actually know your name, your background and you as a person.
Been with the X for a little while now and this is a very accurate summary IMO. The crews are great and I've really enjoyed my time here so far. My only complaint is the hours flown, which for me has been averaging right around 40/month while in the interview we were told it would be closer to 700-800 per year. However I suspect this will go back up as the new airplanes keep arriving (one just got here last week) and balance out the FO staffing level, so I'm banking on it being just a temporary issue. I can honestly say I'm happy to be flying here and excited for what's on the horizon.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:55 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by CFI2ATP View Post
Former JS Inc pilot with some questions. Is JS X still a "home every night" gig or are there hotels involved now? Is X hiring street captains? I've got an ATP and 3300 hrs, two jet type ratings, etc. Wondering if it might be worth a return...thanks for any help.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by Huskypilot View Post
Former JS Inc pilot with some questions. Is JS X still a "home every night" gig or are there hotels involved now? Is X hiring street captains? I've got an ATP and 3300 hrs, two jet type ratings, etc. Wondering if it might be worth a return...thanks for any help.
Usually a few overnights each rotation. Out of 8 days on, usually 2 or 3 are overnights. Very rarely back to back overnights. No street captains currently, but pretty quick upgrades.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by skruts View Post
Usually a few overnights each rotation. Out of 8 days on, usually 2 or 3 are overnights. Very rarely back to back overnights. No street captains currently, but pretty quick upgrades.
Thanks for the response. How easy is it for a new guy to get 4/3 schedule?
Old 11-26-2018, 06:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by Huskypilot View Post
Thanks for the response. How easy is it for a new guy to get 4/3 schedule?
I don't recall any 4/3 on the X side. There is a 5/2/5/2/5/9 type schedule though... three FO lines like this exist currently. Unsure of how senior they go. 8/6 goes the most senior, but with how few 5/2 lines there are it can be tough to say for sure.

With your flight time and experience I'd assume you'd upgrade quickly. Seniority moves a lot slower on the captain side so it could be a while before you can hold it with confidence.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:25 AM
Chief A'Hole

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Barely Flying!

Originally Posted by skruts View Post
I don't recall any 4/3 on the X side. There is a 5/2/5/2/5/9 type schedule though... three FO lines like this exist currently. Unsure of how senior they go. 8/6 goes the most senior, but with how few 5/2 lines there are it can be tough to say for sure.

With your flight time and experience I'd assume you'd upgrade quickly. Seniority moves a lot slower on the captain side so it could be a while before you can hold it with confidence.
You are losing captains at regular clip and all the new guys who got hired won’t be eligible for upgrade due to low time. I see direct entry captains coming eventually.

DH