Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 08:16 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by JeraJakerz View Post
Appreciation all the information provided; couple quick questions.

1) I applied and immediately received an HR 15 min interview opportunity but I specifically want the JetSuite DEN Domicile and I am unsure if the interview is for JSX or JetSuite. How do I tell? How do I professionally inform HR my desires without burning any bridges (as I very well may take a different position if I cannot find a job elsewhere/if the seat-lock is quicker than anticipated).
From my experience at the hiring event, there was no indication that there was a separate hiring event differentiating between JSX or JetSuite. I also asked about this, since everything was geared towards JSX, but it just so happened that all the interviewing candidates were only interested in JSX .

[Edit: just saw IslandHop's post on this... I could be crazy but that's the answer I remember getting when I went. I could be wrong, or things might have changed from waaaay back then regardless, remember your PIC training ~ when in doubt, give a shout!]

Also, there was no shortage to the amount of times that I was asked at the event: "Which base did you want, where were you interested?" up to and including the final phone call. I don't think there's much of a chance of misunderstanding your desires, unless you don't feel confident communicating them.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:01 AM
On Reserve

Position: Instructor Pilot

Originally Posted by IslandHop View Post
If you have been offered the interview informing/ensuring you are interviewing for the correct operation will certainly not burn any bridges. It may simply change your interview date since to my understanding interviews are done separately for inc and X. Just be clear and specific of your situation.

We currently have crew members that fly for inc which also fly reserve in the military. I have never heard of a conflict between schedules leading to an issue (100% of our current management with operational influence over the pilots has military background so i am sure they would understand)
Perfect response from the HR plant...KIDDING, but on a serious note thank you! I was rereading and rereading my HR email trying to figure it out - to the point that I actually went to airlineapps and just updated it for JetSuite (tbh I didnt know it was on there) but when I originally applied on their website I had not seen this thread.

Good news about the military as well!
Old 12-18-2019, 06:05 AM
On Reserve

Position: Instructor Pilot

Originally Posted by lifetakesflight View Post
From my experience at the hiring event, there was no indication that there was a separate hiring event differentiating between JSX or JetSuite. I also asked about this, since everything was geared towards JSX, but it just so happened that all the interviewing candidates were only interested in JSX .

[Edit: just saw IslandHop's post on this... I could be crazy but that's the answer I remember getting when I went. I could be wrong, or things might have changed from waaaay back then regardless, remember your PIC training ~ when in doubt, give a shout!]

Also, there was no shortage to the amount of times that I was asked at the event: "Which base did you want, where were you interested?" up to and including the final phone call. I don't think there's much of a chance of misunderstanding your desires, unless you don't feel confident communicating them.
Thank you! I feel like my PIC training may have been a little different but I was more concerned about accidentally wasting HR's time with an HR phone call that was for the wrong side of the company.

If the call was specifically for JSX and I am not interested at this time would my name be taken as a DNC ever or is the HR call more general common place (sorry for my ignorance). From the sounds of it this should not be that big of issue unless DEN has too many pilots as it is in which my event date/training would just be postponed.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:32 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Hi, I was reading through the thread and had a couple questions about JSX. Firstly I saw that FO candidates are hired with higher TT since they want them to upgrade soon but what TT is required to upgrade? Is it just ATP eligible?

Also I saw that they increased the posted mins to 1200 recommending 1500. Is it too early to start talking a recruiter with 1100TT with 800 multi? I fly survey so I try to build time quickly.

Lastly I saw that they expect to be having a good amount of expansion with the new year, so does that mean that hiring should ramp up soon?

Thanks
Old 12-19-2019, 01:48 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Mando314 View Post
Hi, I was reading through the thread and had a couple questions about JSX. Firstly I saw that FO candidates are hired with higher TT since they want them to upgrade soon but what TT is required to upgrade? Is it just ATP eligible?

Also I saw that they increased the posted mins to 1200 recommending 1500. Is it too early to start talking a recruiter with 1100TT with 800 multi? I fly survey so I try to build time quickly.

Lastly I saw that they expect to be having a good amount of expansion with the new year, so does that mean that hiring should ramp up soon?

Thanks
Yes, you need to be ATP to fly PIC. Once you’ve got the times for ATP they’ll send you for your ATP if they think you’re ready to be a PIC.

I wouldn’t say it’s too early. Probably can’t hurt to start the convo and show your interest.

Hiring at a decent pace and that should remain that way into the new year. Great place. Beats the daylights out of the regionals and most other 135 operators.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:20 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Peter Peterlini View Post
Yes, you need to be ATP to fly PIC. Once you’ve got the times for ATP they’ll send you for your ATP if they think you’re ready to be a PIC.

I wouldn’t say it’s too early. Probably can’t hurt to start the convo and show your interest.

Hiring at a decent pace and that should remain that way into the new year. Great place. Beats the daylights out of the regionals and most other 135 operators.

Thanks for that. Does anyone have a recruiter contact I could get in touch with? I'm not able to meet in person at the events since I am not in town most times.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Is there another meet and greet or hiring event planned soon?
Old 12-19-2019, 08:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Thanks
There’s huge growth coming. I believe they said they want to up the hiring to 16 to 20 a month. They’re making money, it’s a great culture and for a place that’s technically still a start-up, I do have to say that the leaders have left pretty impressive airlines to come work for JSX. So it’s a well backed, top notch operation that everyone believes in. I wouldn’t even bother going any place else unless it’s the legacies or somethin! Of course right now it’s mostly West Coast flying.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:28 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Knobcrk1 View Post
There’s huge growth coming. I believe they said they want to up the hiring to 16 to 20 a month. They’re making money, it’s a great culture and for a place that’s technically still a start-up, I do have to say that the leaders have left pretty impressive airlines to come work for JSX. So it’s a well backed, top notch operation that everyone believes in. I wouldn’t even bother going any place else unless it’s the legacies or somethin! Of course right now it’s mostly West Coast flying.
I was hoping for that. I don't necessarily want to go the regionals anymore and was wanting to get in while there's huge growth especially with it being out west.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:12 PM
Line Holder

Also I saw that they increased the posted mins to 1200 recommending 1500. Is it too early to start talking a recruiter with 1100TT with 800 multi?
I met them at a FAPA in San Diego this year in January and e-mailed them every month with updates... I had 350+ at the time. It never hurts in life to reach out and start building relationships! Doors only open if you knock

They told me at the time they were looking for captains or pilots close to 1500TT. Obviously the year went well for them in hindsight, so by the end of 2019 it seems like they are in FO hire mode again (60/40 CA/FO split). The posted times seem to be a "guideline", though it seems they've been raising them gradually this year... if they like/need you they'll let you know! Reach out and keep up with the communications