Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 10:00 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by StillHope View Post
GreenLantern...when did you apply? Wondering how long it took between submitting your app to hearing from someone?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
man I applied yesterday and they emailed me this morning sending me a link to set up a phone interview. I’m pretty sure it’s just the preliminary interview tho. I sent my resume in climbto350 and then they emailed me and asked me to fill out an app on their website and they emailed me this morning.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:12 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by StillHope View Post
GreenLantern...when did you apply? Wondering how long it took between submitting your app to hearing from someone?
Thanks

man I sent my resume out on climb to 350. Two days ago. They emailed me yesterday asked me to fill out an app on their website and then this morning they emailed me to set up a phone interview. I’m sure it’s just preliminary interview though.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Home Basing is only on the Inc side. For X you have to live in base, no company housing. And there is no 2 week on / 2 week off option, only 8/6 and 4/3 and a few other random ones. You can commute if you want, but the company will not provide any support for that, meaning you have to find your own way to start your work assignment either through our jumpseat agreements or paid tickets, and will need to provide your own accommodation either via crashpad or hotel if you overnight in base.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:45 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

-can I be home based on the x side two weeks on/off?
They only do home-basing, commuting is unofficial and entirely up to the pilot to show.

-do they offer company housing?
No

-what’s the perdiem like?
$55/day

-I’m sitting at 1275 TT and I’ll probably be over 1500 by the time If/when I’d start a class. What would upgrade times be like?
Competency based starting after 1500; there's no hard number, but a few hundred hours in type and strong recommendations seem to be the standard

-how does the 30k sign bonus work?
RTF - answered a few pages back
Old 01-15-2020, 08:19 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by GreenLantern341 View Post
So I have a phone interview with them on Friday. I have just a couple questions because I’d like to know if they’ve been changed:

can I be home based on the x side two weeks on/off?

do they offer company housing?

what’s the perdiem like?

I’m sitting at 1275 TT and I’ll probably be over 1500 by the time If/when I’d start a class. What would upgrade times be like?

how does the 30k sign bonus work?
They are hiring for the needs of each specific pilot domicile. Schedules are presently eight on six off, seven on seven off, or four on three off. They do not utilize company housing in the sense that you might intend. Overnights are in hotels, though you can expect a pretty good amount of nights at home during rotation. Scheduling will be changing to line bidding later this year.

Overall it’s a great place and pilots seem pretty happy. But if you are going to commute you’d better be comfortable with a crash pad, and the company has been pretty straightforward about that in recruiting. If you live in base or are cool with a crash pad, I would very much recommend.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:32 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Anybody got calls for the INC side lately? Curious how it’s looking. Been just over two weeks since I submitted.

Old 01-16-2020, 03:19 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2013

[QUOTE=GreenLantern341;2957321]So I have a phone interview with them on Friday. I have just a couple questions because I’d like to know if they’ve been changed:

what’s the perdiem like?

I’m sitting at 1275 TT and I’ll probably be over 1500 by the time If/when I’d start a class. What would upgrade times be like?

how does the 30k sign bonus work?[/QUOTE

The X side is going to all locals starting March/April. The schedule will be Nav Blu PBS. Typical will be one of 3 options. 4 on 3 off, 7 on 7 off, 8 on 6 off. Upgrade isn’t just based on hours. It’s based on recommendations from line captains and your LOE/check airman’s recommendation.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

[QUOTE=Brohland1;2957843]
So I have a phone interview with them on Friday. I have just a couple questions because I’d like to know if they’ve been changed:

what’s the perdiem like?

how does the 30k sign bonus work?[/QUOTE

The X side is going to all locals starting March/April. The schedule will be Nav Blu PBS. Typical will be one of 3 options. 4 on 3 off, 7 on 7 off, 8 on 6 off. Upgrade isn’t just based on hours. It’s based on recommendations from line captains and your LOE/check airman’s recommendation.
We are not going to PBS. We are going to straight line bidding. I only point it out as the difference could matter to a prospective applicant.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:00 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018

I don’t think we have two weeks on and two weeks off on the X side
No MI
what’s the perdiem like?
55 per day when leaving home base

6-12 months depending on your performance and recommendations.
how does the 30k sign bonus work?
5 on start day, 5 after IOE, 10 year one anniversary and 10 year two anniversary.

other replies within quoted message
Old 01-17-2020, 09:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Phenom Captain

Originally Posted by TWA12 View Post
Anybody got calls for the INC side lately? Curious how it’s looking. Been just over two weeks since I submitted.

Wouldn't hold my breath... Currently over staffed and management has announced closing all bases east of Texas within 12 months