Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 09:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Phenom Captain

FACTS ARE FACTS AND CANNOT BE ARGUED WITH. To say that bfi and pdx are done is NOT A FACT, to say that they are postponed IS.

As of now bfi-pdx was slated for april 2 it has now been post poned until things become more clear.

Reduction of flying between bfi-oak and oak-phx will be happening

Personal hired for pdx have been told that the need for their role in PDX has been postponed and have been offered jobs in other locations and will be the first called when pdx pdx becomes viable again

Cancelled class dates i cannot speak for since I do not know the FACTS!

(All this info pertains to JSX)

​​​
Old 03-23-2020, 08:33 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020

For those of you at JSX, where were base/domicile assignments out of training before the hiring freeze? Did you have much of a choice? I’m a Southern California native and wouldn’t mind either BUR or SNA. Also how quick were upgrades? I would have the time/experience to be a quick upgrade but just trying to get a feel for what it was like before COVID-19.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:45 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by SpeedChecks360 View Post
For those of you at JSX, where were base/domicile assignments out of training before the hiring freeze? Did you have much of a choice? I’m a Southern California native and wouldn’t mind either BUR or SNA. Also how quick were upgrades? I would have the time/experience to be a quick upgrade but just trying to get a feel for what it was like before COVID-19.
Hiring was base specific. I don’t believe they were hiring for those bases or for PHX during the last few weeks of hiring before coronavirus. SoCal was full of a lot of folks who’d been at JSX since the early days (company treats you great so not much attrition).

Upgrades were quick if you had the time, but again it depends on your base. Initially if you had the time you could expect to upgrade in less than six months, but that’s changed since they went to base-specific staffing. Someone who was hired into SoCal in, say, January was going to have to wait longer than that. Vegas or Oakland, not so much.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by Peter Peterlini View Post
Hiring was base specific. I don’t believe they were hiring for those bases or for PHX during the last few weeks of hiring before coronavirus. SoCal was full of a lot of folks who’d been at JSX since the early days (company treats you great so not much attrition).

Upgrades were quick if you had the time, but again it depends on your base. Initially if you had the time you could expect to upgrade in less than six months, but that’s changed since they went to base-specific staffing. Someone who was hired into SoCal in, say, January was going to have to wait longer than that. Vegas or Oakland, not so much.
Thanks for the reply. I’m sure it won’t all be the same as before Coronavirus but just trying to be informed once hiring picks back up. One more question... from what I’ve read on previous pages it appears that training is only about 21 days in the Dallas area?
Old 03-24-2020, 08:35 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Thanks for the reply. I’m sure it won’t all be the same as before Coronavirus but just trying to be informed once hiring picks back up. One more question... from what I’ve read on previous pages it appears that training is only about 21 days in the Dallas area?
About a month. No idea what it’ll be when/if there’s industry recovery.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:36 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by Peter Peterlini View Post
Hiring was base specific.

Upgrades were quick if you had the time, but again it depends on your base.

Vegas or Oakland, not so much.
Granted that the last month has changed things but a question:

Is it easy to get hired into Vegas?

Check your PMs.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Yes Vegas was easy to get and easy to upgrade to. It was planned to grow significantly during the Summer pre COVID-19. As of right now it's not even technically a base anymore for the little bit of flying that's left. Right now we're all waiting to see how it all plays out, and hoping for it to end as soon as possible
Old 03-24-2020, 12:31 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

I finished up training on the 3rd of this month, & our training cycle was about 4 weeks to the day. There were 6 of us initially, but one in our group dropped do to some family issues. The rest of us had a grand total of 3 days off over those 4 weeks, and one of us had 2.

It's definitely a fire hose, but CAE's staff is great, & as long as you keep upon the studying and drinking from the fire hose, you'll be able to knock it out. Despite the Mass Quantity of info being poured down our throats, the training experience at CAE was one of the better ones I've been through, & a positive experience.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Our class finished training on the 18th of last week. My roommate and I were the last to finish out of that class, due to scheduling. We had three "days off" and just barely made it out from Dallas before the shelter-in-place order a few days ago, not sure what training is happening at CAE right now with that in effect. In total we logged 30 training days, of which 2 were travel and 3 were "days off" (in quotes because they are considered self study/paid).

The last few classes had a number of Burbank, John Wayne hires, but generally we were being told that capacity was met and anyone assigned there was "lucky". General consensus was that at the time they were looking for Vegas, Oakland and Seattle. Transparency during this crisis has been welcomed and there's a strong optimism that we'll be well situated to take advantage once things finally normalize. I feel lucky to be with the company during these times as they seemed to respond decisively to the industry implosion we all just witnessed. Can't say what lies in the future, but I'll keep the hope alive!

As for training, I can speak for the "younger" guys in our class (~1500 hrs) that we found it to be very straight forward and efficient, especially compared to regional training. Could even have been faster with less days off -- if you're a well versed CFI you should have zero difficulties; there's also ample study aids you'll come across floating around the new hire classes.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by lifetakesflight View Post
Our class finished training on the 18th of last week. My roommate and I were the last to finish out of that class, due to scheduling. We had three "days off" and just barely made it out from Dallas before the shelter-in-place order a few days ago, not sure what training is happening at CAE right now with that in effect. In total we logged 30 training days, of which 2 were travel and 3 were "days off" (in quotes because they are considered self study/paid).

The last few classes had a number of Burbank, John Wayne hires, but generally we were being told that capacity was met and anyone assigned there was "lucky". General consensus was that at the time they were looking for Vegas, Oakland and Seattle. Transparency during this crisis has been welcomed and there's a strong optimism that we'll be well situated to take advantage once things finally normalize. I feel lucky to be with the company during these times as they seemed to respond decisively to the industry implosion we all just witnessed. Can't say what lies in the future, but I'll keep the hope alive!

As for training, I can speak for the "younger" guys in our class (~1500 hrs) that we found it to be very straight forward and efficient, especially compared to regional training. Could even have been faster with less days off -- if you're a well versed CFI you should have zero difficulties; there's also ample study aids you'll come across floating around the new hire classes.
What's the deal for you all now? Were you all just given the same no-fly lines as everyone else and basically on indefinite hold or are you still going to do IOE on schedule?