Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 09:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Phenom Captain

Originally Posted by StillHope View Post
A few days ago, I noticed they listed Dallas as one of the bases listed on their careers page for the FO position. Assumed they announced Dallas.
X expands while inc contracts... Here is the updated pilot bases for inc...

KAUS
KDAL/ DFW/ FTW
KDEN
KIAH
KLAS
KLAX/BUR/VNY
KOAK
KONT
KPDX
KPHX/SDL
KRNO
KSAN
KSAT
KSEA
KSJC
KSLC
KSJC
KSNA
KMSP

(Everything East of TX which use to be a pilot base is no longer the case)
Old 02-01-2020, 01:01 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Default Reserve at JSX

Do new FOs have to sit on reserve at JSX and if so, what is the average time an FO is expectedly to be on reserve?
Old 02-01-2020, 01:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by Ymayorsh View Post
Do new FOs have to sit on reserve at JSX and if so, what is the average time an FO is expectedly to be on reserve?
As of now, everyone is randomly assigned a few standby days here and there. However in March there will be reserve lines with the implementation of Nav Blue. Probably not long to get off reserve with the current growth schedule.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009

What is Captain pay as well as FO pay at Jet Suite X?
Old 02-06-2020, 01:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: Lawn Dart Captain

Originally Posted by nfo99 View Post
What is Captain pay as well as FO pay at Jet Suite X?
Airlinepilotcentral.com
Old 02-06-2020, 01:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

The new Line Bidding System basically invalidates all that has been said here so far about schedules. They will be vastly different from now on. Rotation schedules like 8 on-6 off are no longer going to be the bread and butter of the company. The majority of the new schedules offered by the new system are combinations of 2/3/4 days on and 2/3/4 days off with random patterns, all daytrips starting and returning in base. There are still a handful of 8-6 lines that are commutable, but they now represent about 30% of the schedules. If bidding the short lines you will know exactly what legs you will be flying each day for the entire month. The 8-6 lines are reserve lines, that will be filled manually with any open time left over from the bid package and/or reserve days as needed. That will be like the current setup where you don't know what you're flying until a few days out. Bidding is now monthly instead of 56 day cycles. For those that plan on commuting or like rotational schedules, know that they are still available, but since they are the minority now it will take some seniority to hold instead of being almost automatic right out of training. Seniority for bidding is now determined by base seniority instead of overall seniority.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Is it realistic to expect expansion on jumpseat agreements? Possibilties of it happening with Alaska maybe?

You said 30% trips are still possibly going to have RON's, but at the interview the CP said less than 10% commute, and 5% of them are flyers. Seems like a fair option even with low seniority. Small size of a pilot pool, 200 pilots by the end of 2020, thats 10-20 guys fighting over the span of a month. I like my odds if I get in now until I can relocate.

Is the consensus still an average of 50 Hrs a month?
Old 02-06-2020, 09:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by RemiDenton View Post
Is it realistic to expect expansion on jumpseat agreements? Possibilties of it happening with Alaska maybe?

You said 30% trips are still possibly going to have RON's, but at the interview the CP said less than 10% commute, and 5% of them are flyers. Seems like a fair option even with low seniority. Small size of a pilot pool, 200 pilots by the end of 2020, thats 10-20 guys fighting over the span of a month. I like my odds if I get in now until I can relocate.

Is the consensus still an average of 50 Hrs a month?
Sounds like WN jumpseat is within the next 5 months. This place is like the best kept secret and once the secrets out it’s my belief we’ll have reciprocals with everyone. Just need some time.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:59 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by flyjustinfly View Post
Airlinepilotcentral.com
"Lifetakesflight" has liked your post.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

The new Nav Blue system is not commutable in my opinion and there will be some serious turnover as a result. If you come to this company you need to live in base or get a full time crash pad or home in base. If you go that option plan to spend your entire rotation in base with nothing but day trips. Every line in my base is all day trips and 0 overnights. Forget about hotel points. Also, plan to drive to and from work everyday you fly. They predicted 20% pilot turnover in the two pilots calls ago and it will happen. Pilots that have to drive 1-2 hours to work and end back at base every day will have2- 4 hours of commuting daily. I can name about 40 that will effect.