Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 01:02 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by immolated View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong...but I'm just looking at 1 year captain pay which seems better at JSX compared to many regionals.

$444 per day + $69 per diem times 16 days per month, plus $444 per reserve day times 7 days per month = $11k/mo.

Or is my math wrong?
First of all…

PER DIEM IS NOT COMPENSATION .

Considering it so is like saying an unused reserve day is a day off. Budgeting per diem as income allows management to justify lower wages

Also planning on per diem here is a tricky since you never know how many of your 14 days you will fly. You may “work” 16 days in a month but only receive 5 days of per diem if you have 2 leg days and a few reserve days.

Last edited by HPNjohn; 04-01-2022 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2022, 02:45 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2021

Originally Posted by Minepza View Post
It depends on your base. Some bases have slower movement. Also it depends on if you get recommended. They’re usually pretty good about making sure you’re ready to upgrade based on other pilot feedback about you. I think if you come with zero jet time you’re probably looking at least 1000 hours in the right seat to get comfortable.
Is there a minimum that the company has with TT or with respect to how much turbine time you need to have before you upgrade, or it only recommendations from people you fly with what it takes for you to get an upgrade?

I am also just trying to figure out QOL for RJ vs JSX and the last few pages have only confused me. Thanks for the post!
Old 04-03-2022, 09:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by tripodd View Post
Is there a minimum that the company has with TT or with respect to how much turbine time you need to have before you upgrade, or it only recommendations from people you fly with what it takes for you to get an upgrade?

I am also just trying to figure out QOL for RJ vs JSX and the last few pages have only confused me. Thanks for the post!
First of all QOL is no question compared to other RJs. You’ll be back home every night and come back after about mostly 4 to 8 hours of duty that day. Half the month off. The DAL base might be a bit different now, they still do some overnights. But overall QOL is as good as it gets, even compared to the majors in terms of the time it takes to walk out and walk back into your home.

As far as upgrades, it’s just ATP mins and they’re going to be super quick. But you do need a recommendation from a Captain.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:48 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by Minepza View Post
First of all QOL is no question compared to other RJs. You’ll be back home every night and come back after about mostly 4 to 8 hours of duty that day. Half the month off. The DAL base might be a bit different now, they still do some overnights. But overall QOL is as good as it gets, even compared to the majors in terms of the time it takes to walk out and walk back into your home.

As far as upgrades, it’s just ATP mins and they’re going to be super quick. But you do need a recommendation from a Captain.

As someone already at a 121, considering a future move to JSX if they open a new base at HOU, this is exactly what I have been wondering for some time. I greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:55 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2018

On that note, what are the current odds of JSX opening a pilot domcile at HOU?

Since the majority of trips are day trips, this concerns me considering I would be commuting to DAL
Old 04-07-2022, 12:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by HPNjohn View Post
First of all…

PER DIEM IS NOT COMPENSATION .

Considering it so is like saying an unused reserve day is a day off. Budgeting per diem as income allows management to justify lower wages

Also planning on per diem here is a tricky since you never know how many of your 14 days you will fly. You may “work” 16 days in a month but only receive 5 days of per diem if you have 2 leg days and a few reserve days.

Yes this is correct, per Diem is certainly not compensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2022, 12:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by TXJumperDriver View Post
On that note, what are the current odds of JSX opening a pilot domcile at HOU?

Since the majority of trips are day trips, this concerns me considering I would be commuting to DAL

I kind of doubt they would open a HOU base. It isn’t rumored to be one of the bases. We do have new destinations coming up but I can’t tell you the timeline or the destinations. We have a couple commuters including myself. You can make it work but I am moving to base to be home every night. If you want to commute from HOU to DAL, you’d probably want a crash pad.

Old 04-09-2022, 06:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2022

I'm sure it's location dependent but currently how hard is it to pick up extra work days? Like if someone wanted to fly 15 days plus 10 days reserve. And roughly what % of reserve days turn into fly days?

Also, who does non-rev travel extend to? Any friends, family, buddy passes etc?
Old 04-09-2022, 06:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by immolated View Post
How hard is it to pick up extra work days? Like if someone wanted to fly 15 days and do 10 days reserve. And roughly what % of reserve days turn into fly days?

Also, who does non-rev travel extend to? Any friends, family, buddy passes etc?

As of now, I doubt any base is going to get 25 days on. Most of our lines the last couple of months were 14-16 days. You may be able to pick up a day or two here and there depending on the base but we have a rather large surplus of FO’s at the moment. We bid for days on/off and you’ll get assigned standby/flying days pretty randomly. We have a preference sheet as to what we prefer such as AM or PM but otherwise you’ll see a good mix of flying and standby, again depending on the base. Lots of FO’s in LAS and DAL. We are growing so I’m sure long term, the company is setting itself up as best as they can.

Non rev is pretty industry standard as far as who can travel and waiting period for ZEDS. Spouse/companion + direct family. We have no buddy passes.

Old 05-10-2022, 10:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2014

I just hit 1000TT, 21ME, 60 instrument. Is it too soon to apply?