Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: SA-227, B-727, A-300, DC-8, all seats
Posts: 48
Default Help - - - Boutique or Planesense ??

Hello..............

Where would you go to work at: Boutique or PlaneSense ??

Both are PC-12 operators, both have a large selection of crew domiciles, pay is essentially the same on both companies.

Planesense in big on the East Coast, while Boutique appears to be dominate in the midwest and west coast.

I am looking at a DFW base.

Where would you go ???


Wright cyclones
Wright cyclones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 04:32 PM   #2  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: Flying a desk
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright cyclones View Post
Hello..............

Where would you go to work at: Boutique or PlaneSense ??

Both are PC-12 operators, both have a large selection of crew domiciles, pay is essentially the same on both companies.

Planesense in big on the East Coast, while Boutique appears to be dominate in the midwest and west coast.

I am looking at a DFW base.

Where would you go ???


Wright cyclones
If your heart is set on the PC12 you can look into Tradewind Aviation. They have a DAL base but I donít know if they need pilots in TX. But definitely worth a look into.
JetAJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captjns's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar
Posts: 4,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright cyclones View Post
Hello..............

Where would you go to work at: Boutique or PlaneSense ??

Both are PC-12 operators, both have a large selection of crew domiciles, pay is essentially the same on both companies.

Planesense in big on the East Coast, while Boutique appears to be dominate in the midwest and west coast.

I am looking at a DFW base.

Where would you go ???


Wright cyclones
A friend of mine is with Plane Sense. Very happy there. He lives in the upper Mid West. He commutes from KMSP. There are rumors of expansion to the west as they take on additional PC-12s and PC-24s. I believe an increase in the pay scale goes into effect the beginning of 2019.

No matter the operator, however, count on numerous legs on a daily.

Winter clothing???? Pack for Winter and Summer as many legs may between North and South.

But not different from the 121 world.

Iím sure other pilots from PC-12 operators will chime in.

All the best and continue to enjoy the ride.
captjns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 09:17 PM   #4  
In a land of unicorns
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 175 FO
Posts: 2,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetAJunkie View Post
If your heart is set on the PC12 you can look into Tradewind Aviation. They have a DAL base but I donít know if they need pilots in TX. But definitely worth a look into.
Tradewind is an amazing company, but they are cutting down the TX operation.
dera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:22 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2015
Posts: 151
Default

If you are dead set on Dallas, I have heard better things about PlaneSense over Boutique. I had a good friend from school who was at BTQ in DFW for 2+ years who recently left for Airshare. He flew the Pilatus and King Air. I have encountered a couple other BTQ pilots at my company.

Apparently, everyone who touched an airplane at BTQ was great to work with. Issues arose with management-labor relations, a frequent complaint I heard was SS did not have a management style that jived well with the realities of EAS 135 flying. An analogy I heard was imagine the guys who ran jet brokerages like Jetsmarter were in charge of EAS flying, thatís SS. If you look on BTQs website, youíll see they are intensely struggling to fill basically every position at the company. That says a lot about them.

PlaneSense has pros and cons too. The 8/6 isnít terrible by most means but thatís a lot of days to be working and a lot of days off in a row. Your airline trip to the plane is Day 1 and the return is Day 8 of your cycle, which is nice. You will essentially have to have decided that PS is the place to be for 4 or 5 years before youíll touch a jet (from what I have heard). Iím curious to hear about the pay increases there.

If youíre dead set on DFW Iíd say PS.
MaxMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Posts: 147
Default

Very good description on BTQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
If you are dead set on Dallas, I have heard better things about PlaneSense over Boutique. I had a good friend from school who was at BTQ in DFW for 2+ years who recently left for Airshare. He flew the Pilatus and King Air. I have encountered a couple other BTQ pilots at my company.

Apparently, everyone who touched an airplane at BTQ was great to work with. Issues arose with management-labor relations, a frequent complaint I heard was SS did not have a management style that jived well with the realities of EAS 135 flying. An analogy I heard was imagine the guys who ran jet brokerages like Jetsmarter were in charge of EAS flying, thatís SS. If you look on BTQs website, youíll see they are intensely struggling to fill basically every position at the company. That says a lot about them.

PlaneSense has pros and cons too. The 8/6 isnít terrible by most means but thatís a lot of days to be working and a lot of days off in a row. Your airline trip to the plane is Day 1 and the return is Day 8 of your cycle, which is nice. You will essentially have to have decided that PS is the place to be for 4 or 5 years before youíll touch a jet (from what I have heard). Iím curious to hear about the pay increases there.

If youíre dead set on DFW Iíd say PS.
Flaps8posrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:07 AM   #7  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 12
Default

If you're looking into those two companies, I'd strongly suggest you also look into Gama Aviation (Wheels UP). I work for them now, and although we do get worked hard (especially east coast flying), it is one of the best companies I have ever worked for in terms of management. They're pretty much all pilots, and everyone in HQ is very cool and nice. They help you out whenever they can, whether it be paying for your food on days with lots of quick turns, paying extra to get you the direct flight home and many other things. I like it a lot here.
Tankerds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:18 AM   #8  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankerds View Post
If you're looking into those two companies, I'd strongly suggest you also look into Gama Aviation (Wheels UP). I work for them now, and although we do get worked hard (especially east coast flying), it is one of the best companies I have ever worked for in terms of management. They're pretty much all pilots, and everyone in HQ is very cool and nice. They help you out whenever they can, whether it be paying for your food on days with lots of quick turns, paying extra to get you the direct flight home and many other things. I like it a lot here.
Arenít first officer minimums 1,500 hours though?
Flyhigh728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:09 AM   #9  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2017
Posts: 21
Default Boutique vs Planesense?

Looking to retire soon from a non related aviation position. I have 4200TT, 650 turbine, ATP, CFI, CFII and MEI. I'm thinking either Planesense or Boutique in the Atlanta area. Who has the best QOL? That's the biggest concern. Do you see your home base in the 8 days that you are on duty or are you gone 100% of the time. Does anyone know the pay scale difference? I have a good 7-8 years left and want to make sure its with the right company. Thank you in advance for your help.
WHDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #10  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHDC View Post
Looking to retire soon from a non related aviation position. I have 4200TT, 650 turbine, ATP, CFI, CFII and MEI. I'm thinking either Planesense or Boutique in the Atlanta area. Who has the best QOL? That's the biggest concern. Do you see your home base in the 8 days that you are on duty or are you gone 100% of the time. Does anyone know the pay scale difference? I have a good 7-8 years left and want to make sure its with the right company. Thank you in advance for your help.
While it's been years since I left (they were 7/7) I can say you will work you butt off...about 50-70% of the older guys seemed to washout after coming back form 121 jobs hoping for a retirement job unless they were hired in management. It's a grind...lots of short legs, vfr, quick turns, tossing bags, short overnights, etc....and for the $$$, there are better places for less work in the corporate world as a contract pilot, or even 135 cargo.
6-9 legs, of self planned flying on a 14hr duty day was NOT uncommon.
That having been said, it is a fairly fun kind if flying, interesting airports, etc.
If you were based in PSM, you MIGHT see home on , a short overnight, but anyplace else would be a random event unless things have changed scheduling wise.
PDK guys would get home a bit...but not sure if that has changed... thinking it has, as I haven't seen many parked there recently.
Not saying, don't do it, but be honest with yourself about if you want to go to what is essentially an entry-level job and pay your dues again.
ZippyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boutique Air Flyin J Part 135 1903 05-22-2019 06:25 AM
Boutique Air - Updated Info RBZL Part 135 389 04-17-2019 04:53 PM
PlaneSense Direct Entry Capt Interview Tour BravoPapa Hiring News 0 03-30-2018 10:46 PM
Tradewind, Boutique or Planesense SJSsynnotforme Part 135 4 01-24-2017 11:08 AM
Jets for Alpha starting in 2008 Geronimo4497 Fractional 14 11-04-2007 02:54 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:07 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1