Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Alpine Air Updated

Old 02-18-2019, 12:21 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by DreFlyer View Post
Good info! Do you know if they have any outstation-based (gone all night) routes?
Not in Sioux Falls but they have some in Billings, Denver, SLC. Not up to speed on any base ops but I do remember Helena, Butte, Missoula were the only outstation bases in Montana.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by 250kt Final View Post
Not in Sioux Falls but they have some in Billings, Denver, SLC. Not up to speed on any base ops but I do remember Helena, Butte, Missoula were the only outstation bases in Montana.
Looking on Flight Aware, I see flights from BIL to: GPI MSO GTF HLN BZN BTM MLS SDY OLF COD and GCC.

I’m not sure what stays the day and what stays the night though.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:06 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
Looking on Flight Aware, I see flights from BIL to: GPI MSO GTF HLN BZN BTM MLS SDY OLF COD and GCC.

I’m not sure what stays the day and what stays the night though.
They must have made some changes. COD and GCC were former Key Lime routes Alpine took over and they were Denver based. Looks like they switched to Billings base. OLF is only an early morning postal route. Another company takes UPS there though. MLS continues with two more stops and the pilot spends the day in SDY. Not a bad route and Alpine pays more on top of your standard 99 salary on that route due to three stops there and back. GTF continues onto Cut Bank and is Billings based home every night. BZN is also Billings based and a popular route don’t expect to get it. Routes are awarded to the most senior pilot who wants them. By far the most popular route is or was a postal flight out of Billings by 9 pm home by midnight. Their most senior guy holds that at 24 yrs seniority and counting last time I looked. Not sure if that still happens as the post office has been making cut backs.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by 250kt Final View Post
They must have made some changes. COD and GCC were former Key Lime routes Alpine took over and they were Denver based. Looks like they switched to Billings base. OLF is only an early morning postal route. Another company takes UPS there though. MLS continues with two more stops and the pilot spends the day in SDY. Not a bad route and Alpine pays more on top of your standard 99 salary on that route due to three stops there and back. GTF continues onto Cut Bank and is Billings based home every night. BZN is also Billings based and a popular route don’t expect to get it. Routes are awarded to the most senior pilot who wants them. By far the most popular route is or was a postal flight out of Billings by 9 pm home by midnight. Their most senior guy holds that at 24 yrs seniority and counting last time I looked. Not sure if that still happens as the post office has been making cut backs.
Just curious, anyone know if the pilots still load and unload their airplanes, a while back that was the norm?
Old 02-20-2019, 02:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by New Guy 007 View Post
Just curious, anyone know if the pilots still load and unload their airplanes, a while back that was the norm?
I don't believe they do, nor does Ameriflight.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by smc2020 View Post
I don't believe they do, nor does Ameriflight.
Thanks for the info, another quick question or two if you have a minute or two. Flown this kind of flying before, with the ups routes they were one leg out, one leg back, checked the website looks like that still for some bases, also not interested in the 99, are there bases that are 1900 only? Appreciate any replies you can find time to answer.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Thanks for the info, another quick question or two if you have a minute or two. Flown this kind of flying before, with the ups routes they were one leg out, one leg back, checked the website looks like that still for some bases, also not interested in the 99, are there bases that are 1900 only? Appreciate any replies you can find time to answer.
I think they would want you be dual qualified (99 and 1900). The OP did list 1900 mins as 1200hrs. This tells me it’s a quick upgrade. I think the fleet is 75% 1900C/D. How much time do you have? Location?
Old 02-20-2019, 04:45 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Holy smokes...lots of questions to answer. Sorry guys! As of right now we are trying to acquire as many D models as possible. We don’t have plans for bigger aircraft as far as I know. The 1900 does the job very well. We do have some outstation based routes. HLN, BTM, MSO are but they are very senior so wouldn’t count on them for a bit. COD and GCC are now BIL routes. The postal routes go out early morning hours and return in the evening. UPS is all day time and basically all flights are one leg out one leg back except MLS GDV SDY. Pilots will help with loading a little bit but mostly rampers take care of all that due to liability reasons. They don’t want pilots lifting boxes if they have rampers to do it. You will be handing boxes out to a driver but that’s fairly easy work. Everyone starts in the 99 unless you have lots of 1900 time. Even then you’ll need to be dual qualified. I’d say 80% of the routes are 1900 anyways so it’s unlikely you’ll fly the 99 much after getting typed. Upgrades are quick. Inside of 6 months and sometimes even inside of 3 months. If you have 1900 time there’s a chance you’ll go to type school right after indoc. Phew!! I think I answered it all. Let me know if there are anymore questions! Thanks
Old 02-20-2019, 07:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by tanker95 View Post
Holy smokes...lots of questions to answer. Sorry guys! As of right now we are trying to acquire as many D models as possible. We don’t have plans for bigger aircraft as far as I know. The 1900 does the job very well. We do have some outstation based routes. HLN, BTM, MSO are but they are very senior so wouldn’t count on them for a bit. COD and GCC are now BIL routes. The postal routes go out early morning hours and return in the evening. UPS is all day time and basically all flights are one leg out one leg back except MLS GDV SDY. Pilots will help with loading a little bit but mostly rampers take care of all that due to liability reasons. They don’t want pilots lifting boxes if they have rampers to do it. You will be handing boxes out to a driver but that’s fairly easy work. Everyone starts in the 99 unless you have lots of 1900 time. Even then you’ll need to be dual qualified. I’d say 80% of the routes are 1900 anyways so it’s unlikely you’ll fly the 99 much after getting typed. Upgrades are quick. Inside of 6 months and sometimes even inside of 3 months. If you have 1900 time there’s a chance you’ll go to type school right after indoc. Phew!! I think I answered it all. Let me know if there are anymore questions! Thanks
Good evening tanker95, just sent you a PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018

I chatted with one of their pilots on another forum...started in the 99 and transitioned to the 1900 in about 3-4 months.