Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Guardian Flight

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 11:55 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2023
Position: Medevac C90 PIC
Default It's a mixed bag, but mostly good.

Originally Posted by 99842 View Post
Just saw a 2 weeks on 3 weeks off PC-12 gig posted by Guardian for about 112K. Am I naive or ignorant, or does this seem like a decent job? Maybe some current Guardians could chime in. Thanks

CONUS guy here. Supposedly they're doing the 2/3 schedule at some bases, however it's certainly not company wide. Things tend to move fairly slowly here in terms of them promising something or policy and it actually rolling out.

Overall, it's a decent gig. You're at your base essentially every night (Been here over a year and I can count on one hand the number of hotels I've slept in), it's single pilot, you dont have a TON of SOP to follow, and you're generally given a pretty good amount of latitude. Most guys that've been here awhile are here since they moved their family to their base and get paid to essentially sit reserve at home.

The amount of flying you'll do varies -widely-. On the reservation bases you'll tend to be pushing up against your 8 hours in 24 limit fairly consistently (maybe less now that returning home after 14 hours of duty time is more difficult), at other bases you'll fly maybe once every 2 days. Colorado and Wyoming tend to be less busy, but again that will vary from base to base. The equipment is pretty well maintained (in my opinion), and MX doesnt give you any crap and will happily help you MEL and/or down an aircraft if necessary.

Leadership can be...iffy. They're generally supportive, however they tend to kneejerk, and even though they're aware they do...still tend to. Some of the leadership is more supportive than others, and some can be difficult or super easy to work with. Generally you're only directly dealing with the ACPs, and occasionally the CP. You almost never see the upper management such as safety, etc (I think I've met some of them twice).

The medcrews vary from very, very difficult to work with to absolutely fantastic, who and how many you work with depend on the base.

Overall, the company is pretty fragmented. Flying at a base in Arizona vs one in Wyoming can make you feel like you're at an entirely different company. Its something management has been working on but...it's all glacial.

The interview process isnt super complex, but it did take me awhile. It was a zoom interview, then an interview with the CP which was mostly a formality, a sim eval (This is where supposedly most guys fail, I cant attest one way or another to that), and then a CJO. I'd say overall it took about a month to go through the process/about a week or more between each. Class dates are occasionally full, occasionally empty so you may wait a month or two for a class date depending on when you sign on.
Old 11-22-2023, 07:24 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2023

Originally Posted by Kalhona View Post
CONUS guy here. Supposedly they're doing the 2/3 schedule at some bases, however it's certainly not company wide. Things tend to move fairly slowly here in terms of them promising something or policy and it actually rolling out.

Overall, it's a decent gig. You're at your base essentially every night (Been here over a year and I can count on one hand the number of hotels I've slept in), it's single pilot, you dont have a TON of SOP to follow, and you're generally given a pretty good amount of latitude. Most guys that've been here awhile are here since they moved their family to their base and get paid to essentially sit reserve at home.

The amount of flying you'll do varies -widely-. On the reservation bases you'll tend to be pushing up against your 8 hours in 24 limit fairly consistently (maybe less now that returning home after 14 hours of duty time is more difficult), at other bases you'll fly maybe once every 2 days. Colorado and Wyoming tend to be less busy, but again that will vary from base to base. The equipment is pretty well maintained (in my opinion), and MX doesnt give you any crap and will happily help you MEL and/or down an aircraft if necessary.

Leadership can be...iffy. They're generally supportive, however they tend to kneejerk, and even though they're aware they do...still tend to. Some of the leadership is more supportive than others, and some can be difficult or super easy to work with. Generally you're only directly dealing with the ACPs, and occasionally the CP. You almost never see the upper management such as safety, etc (I think I've met some of them twice).

The medcrews vary from very, very difficult to work with to absolutely fantastic, who and how many you work with depend on the base.

Overall, the company is pretty fragmented. Flying at a base in Arizona vs one in Wyoming can make you feel like you're at an entirely different company. Its something management has been working on but...it's all glacial.

The interview process isnt super complex, but it did take me awhile. It was a zoom interview, then an interview with the CP which was mostly a formality, a sim eval (This is where supposedly most guys fail, I cant attest one way or another to that), and then a CJO. I'd say overall it took about a month to go through the process/about a week or more between each. Class dates are occasionally full, occasionally empty so you may wait a month or two for a class date depending on when you sign on.
Curious how strict they are about the 2500TT mins?
Old 11-22-2023, 09:15 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2023

What are the tec
hnical question on the interview. Probably similar to your annual quwstions?
Old 11-30-2023, 10:06 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Hey Stanner6909! I sent you a pm.

-duckman
Old 12-18-2023, 10:08 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by Stanner6909 View Post
What are the tec
hnical question on the interview. Probably similar to your annual quwstions?

hello I’m curious to the technical questions as well? Thank you!
Old 01-17-2024, 10:27 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2024

Study part 135 IFR regs for interview. Brush up on terminal ops specs if you've used them before.

No they will not budge on 2500TT. Straight from managment they would rather be understaffed than drop their hour requirments.

The user above had a pretty spot on description of the job.

Managment does things that make you wonder if we'll even be in business in a few years. Definitely wouldn't recomend as a career destination.