We're Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Lav

Originally Posted by jlowfly View Post
yes its low, thats mcdonalds wages. dont do it
Are you kidding me?? What planet do you live on? Feel free to share you knowledge on better jobs for new hire pilots. I would jump all over this. This is real flying, not just button pushing.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Originally Posted by de727ups View Post
You gotta get started somewhere. It would be good experience to move up the ladder.
Originally Posted by Squawk_5543 View Post
Are you kidding me?? What planet do you live on? Feel free to share you knowledge on better jobs for new hire pilots. I would jump all over this. This is real flying, not just button pushing.
Exactly. When I graduated college, I had to flight instruct to get the 135 mins/airline competitive hiring mins. Unlike right now, you had to build a ton of hours just to get one of these jobs. Honestly I had no desire to go to the airlines, plus I didn't think I should have to "buy" my multi-time just to get a job. I had 40 MEL, but I did have more "experience" co-piloting for a 135 with some great young pilots. I finally quit the flight instructing @ 1400hrs and found this job after that fact.

Originally Posted by FlyingChipmunk View Post
CapeAir . . . . . . . . . . .
Pay does have to coincide with cost of living, as I mentioned earlier. We are based in Indiana, doesn't cost very much to rent/own here vs the east coast and the islands. I'm spending $500/mo on a 3bdrm, 2 story house with a 2.5 car garage. I know several of our pilots have very cheap living compared to most areas because its' not even a large town in the first place. Even if you lived across town, it's only a 2 mile/5min drive, and there's everything you really need here as far as living goes.

You don't need to post it up if you don't want, but what does Cape-Air pay for a 402 capt?(PM me if you can, I'm just curious) We're just flying C310's and it's a entry level job to the 135 market. We're not advertising this as the greatest thing since sliced bread, it is what it is. A freight/pax operation where you'll build lots of hours(and obviously some great experience) in a relatively low amount of time.

Fly safe all.

PS. I didn't post this to start/finish arguements. I posted this thread as informational. If someone doesn't like it, I prefer you take it up with me personally or just back off. Maybe for someone this could be the opportunity they are looking for. So let's keep it as that, an opportunity that I would like to share.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by Ewfflyer View Post
Wow, I guess I'm just boggled, where else do you get higher pay for flying a twin-recip??????
Royal Air.

I made more than that as a Co-pilot in the Bandit my first year at Royal, and didn't have to fly 1300hrs, though it wasn't much less, 1050hrs. Flying the 310 and 402 here I make almost twice that salary. We get paid by the mile, so the more you work the more you get paid.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Flying Farmer

Originally Posted by RedGuy View Post
Royal Air.

I made more than that as a Co-pilot in the Bandit my first year at Royal, and didn't have to fly 1300hrs, though it wasn't much less, 1050hrs. Flying the 310 and 402 here I make almost twice that salary. We get paid by the mile, so the more you work the more you get paid.
Like I said, it's the starting salary. I'm making well well above that now. We also get a nice incentive for weekend flying. Also cost a helluva lot less to live here than in Detroit/Waterford/Pontiac area. I used to flight instruct out of Y47, so I know.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Captain

BTW I'm not saying it's not a good way to build time, or that it's not a good opertunity, just that the pay it alittle low. Also we don't hire anyone that doesn't already have 135 single pilot expirence to fly our 310's and 402's, those guys either go into the Bandit or Lear depending on their abilities and expirence. I flew the Bandit for 6 months before the put me in the 310/402 at 1200hrs, which is typically VERY low for us, most our 310/402 guys all have between 2,500-10,000hrs, I'm somewhere in the middle.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by RedGuy View Post
BTW I'm not saying it's not a good way to build time, or that it's not a good opertunity, just that the pay it alittle low. Also we don't hire anyone that doesn't already have 135 single pilot expirence to fly our 310's and 402's, those guys either go into the Bandit or Lear depending on their abilities and expirence. I flew the Bandit for 6 months before the put me in the 310/402 at 1200hrs, which is typically VERY low for us, most our 310/402 guys all have between 2,500-10,000hrs, I'm somewhere in the middle.
I don't think it's that low...
Old 06-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: UPS 757/767 Capt ONT

"Royal Air.

I made more than that as a Co-pilot in the Bandit my first year at Royal"

That wouldn't be recip time, nor would it be PIC multi time....

To each his own.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Lav

I see on your website that you guys will be getting an Eclipse jet soon. I bet that thing is a blast to fly.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: JS32 FO

That would be an good experience builder if only I had 135 mins. I have about 20 hours flying a 404 in charter ops.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Flying Farmer

Originally Posted by Squawk_5543 View Post
I see on your website that you guys will be getting an Eclipse jet soon. I bet that thing is a blast to fly.
This was one of the details I was refering to that our website isn't updated. Unfortunately we have temporily backed out of the jets for now. We had #4, I saw/touched/sat in it, but because of the many problems, and the capital investment just sitting there, my boss has decided to sell his shares and we'll be hopefully getting a Conquest II in the very near future. I'm not ruling out that we won't re-invest sometime in the next year or so, but we can't just have a Day-VFR only jet. I did post pics of it somewhere in the photo section. I have a few others I haven't edited out the tail-number on, but I don't really care about that now. The other owner blocked out all the flight tracking anyways.

Originally Posted by the King View Post
That would be an good experience builder if only I had 135 mins. I have about 20 hours flying a 404 in charter ops.
Keep us in mind. I talked with the CP today, and said we might even consider the right person as a VFR-135 until they hit the 1200(kinda how Flight Express does it, from my understanding). I'm not sure how low we'll go, but maybe even 800-900TT? Could be lower, I'll try to get clarification when I run into him next.