Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Post Key Lime Air in the news for MX issues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpr_QpWZRsQ

https://krdo.com/news/2023/09/11/for...hern-colorado/
Old 09-15-2023, 04:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2021

Ah, I see key slime air is making the rounds in the news, yet again.
Old 09-15-2023, 01:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Haven't changed since I was flying out of Denver back around 2002...
remember key lime hired the entire graduating class from a local A&P school after the FAA REVOKED all their mechanics certificates for signing off AD'S they didn't have the equipment to conduct, namely NDT testing on metro trunnions and pressure testing on janatrol heaters in the Navajo's and 404's.....
Was hopefully they had outgrown the freightdog mentality of the 90-2000 that killed many
Old 09-15-2023, 01:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Watched the video...
"impeccable safety record", was how key lime described itself...
Odd, they had at LEAST TWO fatals in the few years I lived in the area.

Some of the stuff is honestly typical reporters BS, just not understanding....a flat strut is a MX issues, and a leaking Metro is actually a legal thing (within limits)....
Hopefully things get better for the people there.
Old 09-22-2023, 10:53 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: World Wide

The company is trying to fight back. Saying “they have an impecable safety record” which is a dishonor to the pilots that lost their lives flying for them through the years…even though the company has made statements that all accidentes were due to the pilots and nothing to do with the airline…

https://alamosanews.com/article/denver-air-connection-on-safety

https://aeroxplorer.com/articles/the-dangers-of-key-lime-air-old.php

The CEO commented on the last article (full quote): CH: In our 25 years and nearly half a million hours of operating the Metroliner, we have had only ONE fatal accident involving the aircraft and it was solely the result of bad decision by the pilot to fly into a severe thunderstorm. Please check your facts. Yes, single pilot flying is inherently more dangerous because of many human related factors, most of which include poor decision making without benefit of a second opinion. Very few are related to a loss of control of the aircraft. These pilot's know how to fly and aren't reliant on any sort of automation to do so. As you spoke of, the environment creates some of the best pilots in the world and, right now, the industry is starved for this level of competence on the flight deck. I personally invite you to come fly along with any of our pilots and gain some very valuable insight into what is becoming a lost fundamental skill. A skill that no pilot advancing in the airline industry should be void of. Quite simply if a pilot can't keep an airplane right side up without automation then he/she shouldn't be qualified to have so many lives in their hands. We saw it with the 737 Max's, Air France and countless other fatal airline accidents involving flight crews who couldn't control their airplanes when the automation either failed or confused them. Unfortunately there will be many more. Come see, you have my email. CH Key Lime Air

Last edited by maquinist; 09-22-2023 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Took out a name from the story
Old 09-23-2023, 08:30 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2022

Originally Posted by maquinist View Post
The company is trying to fight back. Saying “they have an impecable safety record” which is a dishonor to the pilots that lost their lives flying for them through the years…even though the company has made statements that all accidentes were due to the pilots and nothing to do with the airline…

https://alamosanews.com/article/denver-air-connection-on-safety

https://aeroxplorer.com/articles/the-dangers-of-key-lime-air-old.php

The CEO commented on the last article (full quote): ...We saw it with the 737 Max's, Air France and countless other fatal airline accidents involving flight crews who couldn't control their airplanes when the automation either failed or confused them. Unfortunately there will be many more. Come see, you have my email. CH Key Lime Air [/color]
They should call him the sCrEamO. A yeller and screamer. Now imagine...you're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Now imagine you try to fix something and it costs money. You have one cutting your pay for doing so and the other yelling at you. Sounds like a win win.

You could safely say that not having reliable avionics is confusing because you would never trust anything at Key Lime to work. Upgrade captains don't know how to use the automation or avionics because they never had either, working or not. Key lime does more with (no) less automation, maintenance, hydraulic fluid, pathway to Delta!

Key lime has countless accidents (they just hide them better) and they will cover it up for the right people.
Old 09-23-2023, 08:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Flew with a guy recently who spent five years there. Yikes. His stories made me cringe. How anyone with any amount of self respect can stay at a slave ship like that run by narcissist dictators is beyond me. Hats off to guys who survived that place. You earned every penny you made there.
Old 09-24-2023, 04:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

KEY LIME AIR (Ground/Simulator Instructor (Salarv $120.000) - Colorado)
Old 09-24-2023, 05:41 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: 1%

Originally Posted by e6bpilot View Post
Flew with a guy recently who spent five years there. Yikes. His stories made me cringe. How anyone with any amount of self respect can stay at a slave ship like that run by narcissist dictators is beyond me. Hats off to guys who survived that place. You earned every penny you made there.
5 year, non-prorated, $100,000 training contracts to fly broken crap. Leave early and you will get a letter saying make a check payable to “Glen Rich”, not the company.