Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Part 135
Companies with most consecutive days off? >

Companies with most consecutive days off?

Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Companies with most consecutive days off?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 05:34 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2023
Default Companies with most consecutive days off?

Looking for something that offers the most consecutive days off. I don’t care if I have to work 20 days in a row but would love to find something that offered 2 weeks off in a row. I am a US citizen but most of my family lives in Europe and this would allow me to visit.
Old 10-08-2023, 08:50 PM
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Most US airlines are the same in that regard... you have tremendous flexibility, limited really by FAR 117. They don't care how many days off you have, as long as you meet their min credit productivity and comply with 117. So the trick is getting enough credit packed into a certain time frame to allow a bunch of days off after, while not blocking too much in too short of a period for 117.

ACMI most strictly would meet your requirements. Three weeks on, two weeks off or the like is common. But I think there are easier ways to do it, ACMI is a lot of circadian disruption and not as much pay as legacies.

Most majors would easily permit a lineholder to load up the beginning of the month and get 7-10+ days off at the end. Then repeat that the following month, with similar days off at the beginning. Some airlines you could probably get two straight weeks off every month, although the rest of the month would suck.
Old 10-09-2023, 05:45 AM
Not home.

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: Captain

When I left, Vista was either 17 or 15 on, and 13 off;

NetJets is known for their 7 on, 7 off;

P9 does a 16 on, 14 off;

Just to name a few...

As we all know, most 135s suck, so go 121.
Old 10-11-2023, 03:02 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2023

Originally Posted by Buntulla View Post
Looking for something that offers the most consecutive days off. I don’t care if I have to work 20 days in a row but would love to find something that offered 2 weeks off in a row. I am a US citizen but most of my family lives in Europe and this would allow me to visit.
my wife is at netjets. She does 7 on 7 off. Loves it.
Old 10-11-2023, 07:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Most US airlines are the same in that regard... you have tremendous flexibility, limited really by FAR 117. They don't care how many days off you have, as long as you meet their min credit productivity and comply with 117. So the trick is getting enough credit packed into a certain time frame to allow a bunch of days off after, while not blocking too much in too short of a period for 117.

ACMI most strictly would meet your requirements. Three weeks on, two weeks off or the like is common. But I think there are easier ways to do it, ACMI is a lot of circadian disruption and not as much pay as legacies.

Most majors would easily permit a lineholder to load up the beginning of the month and get 7-10+ days off at the end. Then repeat that the following month, with similar days off at the beginning. Some airlines you could probably get two straight weeks off every month, although the rest of the month would suck.
Majors allow you to bid 5-6 up to 10 days off (+/-) in EACH month. So you front load July and end load August and viola, 10-20 days off with no vacation used/needed. But it's tough to front load September to you bid reserve with days off at the end of September. October you bid days off in the beginning of the month.

It's tough to get large chunks of time off over the holidays that are at the beginning/end of a month. July 4th being a great example. So fly over the holidays and you'll be more successful getting a late July/early August mini-vacation. You can do this 4-6 times a year BUT you'll be paying for it as you might be flying 6 on/1 off, 6 on/1 off, 4 on....and 12 days off! Reserve that bid the next month and you'll have a large mid summer break.
Old 10-13-2023, 06:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

Originally Posted by Knycflyer View Post
my wife is at netjets. She does 7 on 7 off. Loves it.
And you get 4 weeks per year vacation after 10 years. That's 21 days in a row off 4 times a year. You plug in the 7 vacation days and cover the tour you would have otherwise flown.

But probably the best fit for you is ACMI were you do long 15-17 day trips with 13-15 days off in a row.
Old 10-16-2023, 02:09 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2023

I’m in a similar position (US citizen / FAA licence) currently in a U.K. based G650 but looking for a better US based contract with a decent rotation 16/14 or similar. Rated on 7X and G650, G550 and F2000 experience as well, any good places to look at? P9 - Planet 9? Thanks
Old 10-16-2023, 11:06 AM
Not home.

Joined APC: May 2018
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by tdk91 View Post
P9 - Planet 9?
You are correct.