Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 09-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Apteryx

Joined APC: Jan 2010

If you're based at the outstation, you live there and are at home between arrival and departure time and most of the weekend. If your trip is based at the hub, for anything but a short layover the company provides either an apartment or a hotel room. Folks do different things at during their layover time, and the time is yours, but anything that could make you late for the inbound trip is discouraged. In some cases, your legal rest period is at the layover, and in that case you need to get some sleep!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: CFI

Does anyone know how picky they are regarding the multi time requirement? Example: I may be building some multi time in the next few months but wouldn't be ready to apply to AMF for at least another year. Are they big on the currency of multi? Obviously within reason, but all or most need to be recent? Or just some....
Old 09-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by f16jetmech View Post
Does anyone know how picky they are regarding the multi time requirement? Example: I may be building some multi time in the next few months but wouldn't be ready to apply to AMF for at least another year. Are they big on the currency of multi? Obviously within reason, but all or most need to be recent? Or just some....
I wasn't very current with my multi-time. I would recommend applying anyway, and then re-apply later if you haven't heard anything. And do a follow up call.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: Flying a desk, for good.

Do they hire directly into the 1900 or metro?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Gets Tue/Wed and Sat Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

They used to. I was hired directly into the Metro when I was there, but that was back in 2005.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Part Time

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Chief Pilot PC-12NG

Originally Posted by scubabri View Post
Do they hire directly into the 1900 or metro?
I highly doubt it during times like these when attrition is so slow. If you want to fly for AMF don't get your hopes up on flying anything bigger then a Chieftain for 6-12 months.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Employed

Had my phone interview with S.H. two weeks ago and everything went very well...chatted for about an hour and set up a tentative interview date at the conclusion of our talk. I was told to email her the following day to confirm the interview dates that would work for me, which I did, but never heard anything back....until about a week later.

Basically, I got an email stating that they couldn't offer me an interview at this time and "we're not at liberty" to tell why. It just seemed so odd and out of left field, IMO. Are they pulling back hiring or did something get flagged in my initial application that they might have missed before the phone interview? Perhaps it's because I'm not multi-current? Again, why go through the trouble of talking to me for an hour then?

I'm just kind of let down because I really could have seen myself be a part of AMF...

Oh well...on to the next one...
Old 09-23-2010, 04:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: PT Inbound

When I first applied in April of 2005, I got the brush off after talking to lady who was in charge of hiring prior to S.H. After about 3 months went by, I saw a posting for them again on Climb-to-350 and I reapplied and made sure that they knew about my previous app because my times had not changed that much at all.

After doing a phone interview this time with S.H., she offered me an interview on the spot in PHX on July 15 2009, went, hired, and here I am!

Sometimes (more like all the time) with this company, you need to politely assert yourself!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: Employed

Originally Posted by Fly Boy Knight View Post
When I first applied in April of 2005, I got the brush off after talking to lady who was in charge of hiring prior to S.H. After about 3 months went by, I saw a posting for them again on Climb-to-350 and I reapplied and made sure that they knew about my previous app because my times had not changed that much at all.

After doing a phone interview this time with S.H., she offered me an interview on the spot in PHX on July 15 2009, went, hired, and here I am!

Sometimes (more like all the time) with this company, you need to politely assert yourself!
Oh I know how it works over there...the "squeaky wheel gets the grease", which is how I was with them. But getting this email after we had scheduled an interview seems to close the deal for me:

"I am sorry to inform you that Ameriflight will not be able to go forward with your interview process. While I am not at liberty to discuss the specifics of your interview cancellation, I will say that it was indeed a pleasure speaking to you on Sept. 9.
*$##$, I wish you all the luck in the world and I know your flying career with soar to unexpected heights."

Old 09-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Airport Hobo

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
Oh I know how it works over there...the "squeaky wheel gets the grease", which is how I was with them. But getting this email after we had scheduled an interview seems to close the deal for me:

"I am sorry to inform you that Ameriflight will not be able to go forward with your interview process. While I am not at liberty to discuss the specifics of your interview cancellation, I will say that it was indeed a pleasure speaking to you on Sept. 9.
*$##$, I wish you all the luck in the world and I know your flying career with soar to unexpected heights."

You're not the only one, someone I know got the same thing. We have been scratching our heads over it too.