Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

cfouriv 08-21-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by yimke (Post 1249048)
Is OMA still junior? I'm looking for long term stay there.

It is one of the junior 99 bases.

Fly Boy Knight 08-21-2012 09:21 AM

I would imagine that AMF would be looking mainly for pilots at a job fair. AMF has had a few recent job postings for pilots on Climbto350 so I would guess that they still need pilots.

As for OMA being junior, yes OMA is still (and will probably remain) a relatively junior base.

If a new hire starts in the PA31, they will start in one of the PA31 bases of which PDX, OAK, and BUR I believe are all that are left (someone with more current info might be better than me). If a new hire starts in the BE99, they could end up just about anywhere in the system. Nowadays, I would imagine BUR, OMA, and BUF would be where most new hires may end up but again, it is always based on staffing needs.

Turbine 08-21-2012 09:22 AM

I have 3 questions for any AMF'ers out there.
1.)What are the chances of getting hired directly into any turbine equipment? 1.)Would several hundred hours of turboprop time help those chances?
3.) Where are some of the bases for the EMB (Is that a hard plane to get quickly)?

Thanks

own nav 08-21-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Turbine (Post 1249225)
I have 3 questions for any AMF'ers out there.
1.)What are the chances of getting hired directly into any turbine equipment? 1.)Would several hundred hours of turboprop time help those chances?
3.) Where are some of the bases for the EMB (Is that a hard plane to get quickly)?

Thanks

Depends on what's available when you interview. Turbine openings go through the internal bidding process first, then they hire off the street if no one fills them internally. We just had bids go out for 4 metros and a BE99 in our eastern bases (CVG, BUF, MIA). Who knows how many will be filled internally.

I'm sure several hundred hours of turboprop time would help (even better if it's muliti and or PIC). Talk to recruiting.

EMB bases are DFW, San Juan, PHX, CVG and BFI. There aren't very many of them, but you can get hired into the right seat as a new hire, Captain might take a while, I'm gonna throw out a number of 3 to 5 years, and you'll probably get typed in something else first.

Turbine 08-21-2012 12:58 PM

Thanks own nav, all the info I was looking for !

What about SJU, Is that a hard base to get into ? ... I would think that could go either way.

own nav 08-21-2012 01:57 PM

I don't see any current bids up for SJU, but they come up every now and then. Like the other Eastern bases, some bids get filled internally, but often it is given to new hires where it is so far out of the way for the typical pilots who start their AMF career in the chieftain in a west coast base.

own nav 08-21-2012 02:05 PM

Also, if you're looking for details on SJU, you don't need a login to look at the schedule at amfpilots.com. SJU flight numbers begin in the 6900s.

DrangonStar45 08-27-2012 01:00 AM

Is there any open slots for SAC or MHR for any equipment available. Will be in the Sept 10th class

ATOP40 08-31-2012 07:21 AM

I have been looking for schedules for the BE99 out of OAK on flight Aware but only see one a day going to BUR.

Is OAK still a BE99 base and if so how can I find the schedules it flies out of OAK?

Thanks

Turbine 08-31-2012 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by own nav (Post 1249347)
Also, if you're looking for details on SJU, you don't need a login to look at the schedule at amfpilots.com. SJU flight numbers begin in the 6900s.

Awesome, thanks for that. What does it mean when "expediter" is listed as the aircraft type ?