Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

freightdog 02-17-2009 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by exerauflyboy5 (Post 561083)
What about OAK and PDX

Doesn't hurt to call up and ask.

Blackwing 02-19-2009 11:37 PM

As far as hiring mins, is it just straight 135 IFR mins or is there a multi requirement too? If there is, how firm are they on that?

freightdog 02-20-2009 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Blackwing (Post 563277)
As far as hiring mins, is it just straight 135 IFR mins or is there a multi requirement too? If there is, how firm are they on that?

Competitive would be around 150-200 ME, but we've hired with less. This is all in the "Airlines" section on this site and on the Ameriflight.com website.

friendlyskies 02-20-2009 09:22 AM

What's the schedule like as a EMB FO in Cincinnati or Puerto Rico? Do you do the same run most of the time, i.e. layover during the day at the same place?

Chickenwolf 02-20-2009 12:08 PM

Can anyone elaborate on the Schedule for the SA-227 Captain in CVG. Thats the only postition that has pay I could survive on, plus I live about 1 hour from CVG. The Climb to 350 post says 3 weeks on 1 week of Monday PM to Sat AM. Does that mean you have to be at the airport on call the whole time. Is there a callout time or any home standby?

THX

freightdog 02-20-2009 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chickenwolf (Post 563667)
Can anyone elaborate on the Schedule for the SA-227 Captain in CVG. Thats the only postition that has pay I could survive on, plus I live about 1 hour from CVG. The Climb to 350 post says 3 weeks on 1 week of Monday PM to Sat AM. Does that mean you have to be at the airport on call the whole time. Is there a callout time or any home standby?

THX

If you are sitting reserve then you are sitting reserve at the airport for about 12 hours. If you are doing a run during your three weeks on, then you will be going between whatever airports you are flying between and then airline home. Ottawa-Bedford is the "popular" run right now. ;-) No home standby, nice try, we live and die being able to get a backup aircraft somewhere if the primary aircraft breaks. If you are sitting "hot" reserve at the airport and you get a callout to recover a broken aircraft or a special for UPS, DHL, etc you usually have 20-30 min to get engines turning.

freightdog 02-20-2009 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by friendlyskies (Post 563528)
What's the schedule like as a EMB FO in Cincinnati or Puerto Rico? Do you do the same run most of the time, i.e. layover during the day at the same place?

Usual schedule Mon PM-Sat AM or M-F, with weekends off. Layover in the same place usually.

kobe123 02-20-2009 03:51 PM

Hey there. Just out of curiousity. Would I have a good chance and getting hired at ameriflight? I am at airnet for over a year, 2700 tt, 1000 multi, too much imc to log etc. etc. But would be looking for a captain position. Any response is much apreciated Thanks

PS any bases/domiciles in michigan area?

Laxrox43 02-20-2009 05:05 PM

Hey folks,

I've posted the same post in the Cargo section with no success...so here we go again for round two!!!

Are there any Brasilia drivers out there that could give me the low down on Ameriflights' SJU/CVG operation? (i.e. route structure, day or night flying?, QOL, upgrade mins/potential, schedule, any opportunities for OT?, MX, pilot moral, etc.) I know it's a crappy time to be restless with the way that the market is, but if I am going to be "stuck" somewhere for a few years, I would like to be happy and enjoy what I do.

Thanks

own nav 02-21-2009 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by kobe123 (Post 563805)
Hey there. Just out of curiousity. Would I have a good chance and getting hired at ameriflight? I am at airnet for over a year, 2700 tt, 1000 multi, too much imc to log etc. etc. But would be looking for a captain position. Any response is much apreciated Thanks

PS any bases/domiciles in michigan area?

If I were you, I'd put in for the CVG Metro. There's probably several others competing for that spot, good luck.