Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

jumpseatguru 04-08-2016 04:59 PM

hello all, I am currently at atp building time. was interested in ameriflight because of their fast upgrade time and pic turbine. quality of life and pay descent for first year fo's ? I know what to expect for regional pay and first year gigs. I work a jumpseat desk at a major airline have a descent idea of the operation but would like some first hand info ..thanks

frmrbuffdrvr 04-11-2016 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by jumpseatguru (Post 2106123)
hello all, I am currently at atp building time. was interested in ameriflight because of their fast upgrade time and pic turbine. quality of life and pay descent for first year fo's ? I know what to expect for regional pay and first year gigs. I work a jumpseat desk at a major airline have a descent idea of the operation but would like some first hand info ..thanks

The big question is how much time do you currently have? We have two FO tracks that we can put people through; E120 FOs and "time builder" FOs. Both pay the same. The primary difference for the FO coming in is that we tend to use the E120 slots for slightly lower time pilots. The reason is we figure they will be in those positions a bit longer which is good for us since those FOs are actually required to operate the aircraft. The other FO positions we like folks with more time coming in so they spend minimal time in the position before we can move them to the left seat of something like a BE99. Think of it as we are paying you to get the rest of your flight time to reach part 135 minimums, so we don't want to do that any longer than absolutely necessary.

The downside to this for pilots looking to come here is we only have a limited number of E120 slots, since we only have 10 aircraft at present. For the other FO slots, since we can put the pilot in any of our other aircraft, we have more opportunities. But, as I said, we like to have folks that are closer to 135 mins coming in for those positions.

Both positions pay the same and the chart here on APC is accurate to our current pay scale.

jumpseatguru 04-12-2016 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2107504)
The big question is how much time do you currently have? We have two FO tracks that we can put people through; E120 FOs and "time builder" FOs. Both pay the same. The primary difference for the FO coming in is that we tend to use the E120 slots for slightly lower time pilots. The reason is we figure they will be in those positions a bit longer which is good for us since those FOs are actually required to operate the aircraft. The other FO positions we like folks with more time coming in so they spend minimal time in the position before we can move them to the left seat of something like a BE99. Think of it as we are paying you to get the rest of your flight time to reach part 135 minimums, so we don't want to do that any longer than absolutely necessary.

The downside to this for pilots looking to come here is we only have a limited number of E120 slots, since we only have 10 aircraft at present. For the other FO slots, since we can put the pilot in any of our other aircraft, we have more opportunities. But, as I said, we like to have folks that are closer to 135 mins coming in for those positions.

Both positions pay the same and the chart here on APC is accurate to our current pay scale.

I don't have the part 135 mins yet should have 300 tt by mid summer, the time builder program you discuss, what hours would I need to apply for that ? Thanks

frmrbuffdrvr 04-12-2016 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by jumpseatguru (Post 2108163)
I don't have the part 135 mins yet should have 300 tt by mid summer, the time builder program you discuss, what hours would I need to apply for that ? Thanks

Right now we are looking for 750TT with 300 dual given.

Flyinlynn 04-13-2016 01:17 AM

What are the opportunities like for Portland, OR or Seattle?

835 TT , 35 hours dual given

frmrbuffdrvr 04-13-2016 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn (Post 2108627)
What are the opportunities like for Portland, OR or Seattle?

835 TT , 35 hours dual given

I can't speak to specifics in either for the time builder side. The only runs I have flown in BFI were E120 runs. Which of course require FOs. But I don't know specifics on when those will be coming open again.

Any BFI or PDX folks?

42ER 04-15-2016 07:46 PM

Having a phone interview soon with AMF. If anyone has an updated gouge that will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Johnason

Flyinlynn 04-16-2016 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2108728)
I can't speak to specifics in either for the time builder side. The only runs I have flown in BFI were E120 runs. Which of course require FOs. But I don't know specifics on when those will be coming open again.

Any BFI or PDX folks?

I just saw on the job list they show Seattle Embraer FO opening. I submitted an application but I have an application in from last fall and did a phone interview in Feb

42ER 04-16-2016 04:59 AM

Ameriflight

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn (Post 2110571)
I just saw on the job list they show Seattle Embraer FO opening. I submitted an application but I have an application in from last fall and did a phone interview in Feb

Hi Flyinlynn,

I sent you a PM, can you take a look?

Thanks!

flyertalk 04-16-2016 08:46 AM

Anyone care to share information about AMF? I just applied for the EMB-120 Captain in OPF. If the position is open and that is the one applied for, do you get that base and position if hired? What are the schedules like out of OPF for the Bro? Any other info worth sharing, please do! Thanks.