Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

frmrbuffdrvr 06-09-2016 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2142109)
When did you have class? The SOP I have is revision 3.15.2016.

Awesome thanks for the information. I have a relatively new SOP but I think I guess I will need to figure out for sure before I commit to learning these flows.

-Alex

Sounds like you do have the new SOP. Like I said, it has been approved but they haven't gotten it out to the crews yet. Sounds like they are getting it to the new hires to use during the next training class. Glad they are doing that.

Originally Posted by astofila (Post 2142218)
so basically you can't takeoff if your airport of intended landing is below mins

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2142326)
That's correct. Under 135 regs you may not depart if your destination airport wx is reporting below minimums.

Absolutely correct.

Now, one thing you CAN do is file to a different destination (that is above mins) that overflies (or goes somewhere near) the airport you WANT to go to and if it is above mins when you near it you can change your destination and go in there. Just be prepared to go to the filed destination. I did that very thing last week. Our planned destination was below mins and forecast to stay below so we filed to another airport about 80 miles shy. As we got close I checked the ATIS of our normal destination. In this case it was still down so we landed and waited. The customer decided to drive over and pick up the freight there. Just as they arrived our normal destination came up but it wasn't worth them driving back and actually taking a larger delay so we unloaded and then repositioned empty.

sobo 06-09-2016 07:48 AM

Anyone have any idea on how the upgrade process works at AMF?

Like for example, once I hit a competitive amount of hours on the EMB-120 as an FO would it be silly to assume they'd want to upgrade me on the EMB-120? Or do you work your way through the other airplanes that AMF flies?

Also, I've had multiple recruiters tell me that I will be receiving an EMB-120 Type out of this training. However, reading the study material revealed to me that there is no requirement for SIC to have a type to fly the Brasilia. Any clarification on this?

frmrbuffdrvr 06-09-2016 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2142366)
Anyone have any idea on how the upgrade process works at AMF?

Like for example, once I hit a competitive amount of hours on the EMB-120 as an FO would it be silly to assume they'd want to upgrade me on the EMB-120? Or do you work your way through the other airplanes that AMF flies?

Also, I've had multiple recruiters tell me that I will be receiving an EMB-120 Type out of this training. However, reading the study material revealed to me that there is no requirement for SIC to have a type to fly the Brasilia. Any clarification on this?

You probably won't stay in the E120 as an FO long enough to transition directly to the left seat. I'm assuming you have less than 1200 hours (Part 135 IFR PIC mins.) Once you hit 1200 you will probably transition to the BE99 then from there to either the SA227 or BE1900 and E120 PIC after that. The main reason for this is we want to see how well you do in a PIC position before you take over the reigns for our biggest and most complex plane.

You are given an SIC type rating when you pass your check ride. This isn't required for basic operation of the aircraft but IS required for any international flying. We have international runs out of MIA, BQN, PHX and occasionally BFI. So we just issue an SIC type to all FOs regardless of where they are planned to be based.

astofila 06-09-2016 09:15 AM

So is there any AMF pilots here that could tell me what a typical day is and schedule for a BE99 pilot?

frmrbuffdrvr 06-09-2016 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by astofila (Post 2142399)
So is there any AMF pilots here that could tell me what a typical day is and schedule for a BE99 pilot?

Typical? No such thing. :D

Since most of our flying is small package (UPS or DHL) you will go from the main base to an outstation in the morning, spend the day at home (if you are outstation based) or at a hotel (if you are based at the main hub) and then come back in that evening. Outstation runs will generally start with the inbound leg on Monday evening and finish on the outbound leg either Friday or Saturday morning.

EJetter2016 06-09-2016 11:49 AM

Which EMB bases allow a person to fly the most?

frmrbuffdrvr 06-09-2016 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by EJetter2016 (Post 2142482)
Which EMB bases allow a person to fly the most?

I would guess probably BQN (Puerto Rico.) I know the Seattle runs are short. We have one run in Dallas that gets close to 4 hours per day (80 per month) but it is actually a BE1900 run and we are only using the E120 because of staffing. At least for now.

3inthegreen 06-09-2016 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2142523)
I would guess probably BQN (Puerto Rico.) I know the Seattle runs are short. We have one run in Dallas that gets close to 4 hours per day (80 per month) but it is actually a BE1900 run and we are only using the E120 because of staffing. At least for now.

How does pay work? Is it salary?

EJetter2016 06-09-2016 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2142523)

Thanks bro. They pay for relocation to BQN?

3inthegreen 06-10-2016 05:58 AM

Can anyone tell me how the pay at Ameriflight works?