Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

sobo 08-08-2016 07:20 AM

The type of flying in the sim will be different from anything you've experienced in general aviation.

Understand the concepts for engine out flying. Understand approaches and procedures to the best of your ability. Spend your time wisely learning the flows. This airplane is fast, and the more time you spend actually flying it instead of configuring it, the better off you will be.

They don't care how you land the plane in the sim. Just get it in the touch down zone and on center line.

You will be flying with the autopilot and flight director for a majority of your training and checkride. This type of flying is less about finesse and more about procedure.

GreenWater 08-08-2016 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2176252)
The type of flying in the sim will be different from anything you've experienced in general aviation.

Understand the concepts for engine out flying. Understand approaches and procedures to the best of your ability. Spend your time wisely learning the flows. This airplane is fast, and the more time you spend actually flying it instead of configuring it, the better off you will be.

They don't care how you land the plane in the sim. Just get it in the touch down zone and on center line.

You will be flying with the autopilot and flight director for a majority of your training and checkride. This type of flying is less about finesse and more about procedure.

Excellent feedback. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dribz 08-08-2016 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2176252)

Thanks a lot for your help man! I want to be as prepared as possible because honestly im not really using Ameriflight as a "1500 and leave job." I kinda wanted to do Cargo from the start. Also, I called Corporate and they seemed annoyed that I called haha. They said they would call me when they are ready and wont send training material until the call. I guess the August class got a 8 day notice. I guess ill tell my job that I might be leaving in a hurry.

GreenWater 08-08-2016 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by dribz (Post 2176390)
Thanks a lot for your help man! I want to be as prepared as possible because honestly im not really using Ameriflight as a "1500 and leave job." I kinda wanted to do Cargo from the start. Also, I called Corporate and they seemed annoyed that I called haha. They said they would call me when they are ready and wont send training material until the call. I guess the August class got a 8 day notice. I guess ill tell my job that I might be leaving in a hurry.

That's no Bueno man! Kind of forces you to burn a bridge with your current employer.

They were annoyed that you called to try and better prepare yourself for class?

Jetlife 08-08-2016 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by dribz (Post 2176390)

Do not burn a bridge for AMF. 8 days notice to give you training materials and expect you to be successful is completely absurd. That is a surefire setup for failure, and they won't hesitate to give you the boot and put you on the street. Sounds like they have reverted to some of heir old ways which is sad. Training was sounding like it was heading in the right direction for a while. It's one thing to cal somebody and ask if they can short show, it's a whole other to just tell everyone 8 days before class to show up in DFW. AMF wouldn't hesitate to make you ineligible for hehire and try to screw you out of your next job for leaving with 8 days notice...

own nav 08-09-2016 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2176429)
Do not burn a bridge for AMF. 8 days notice to give you training materials and expect you to be successful is completely absurd. That is a surefire setup for failure, and they won't hesitate to give you the boot and put you on the street. Sounds like they have reverted to some of heir old ways which is sad. Training was sounding like it was heading in the right direction for a while. It's one thing to cal somebody and ask if they can short show, it's a whole other to just tell everyone 8 days before class to show up in DFW. AMF wouldn't hesitate to make you ineligible for hehire and try to screw you out of your next job for leaving with 8 days notice...

Doesn't pass the smell test. If you can't make the class in 8 days due to your current employment situation, request the next available class. There are plenty of openings, particularly for captains.

GreenWater 08-12-2016 08:40 PM

My phone interview went well today. Should know something next week. They talked about a Sept. 12 class so we'll see what happens.

Dak in back 08-13-2016 07:50 AM

AMF has seen departures of a chief pilot, director of safety, the firing of a CFO, an innumerable other changes to base and mid level management. Not a stable company at the moment. This is a good place to get some turbine, but not one to make a career. If QoL had been better id have stayed. At outstation bases a you WILL fly 6 days a week. You WILL load your airplane with zero compensation for doing UPS' job. I was told by the recruiter "we don't fly weekends and we don't touch boxes." Your requests for time off will not be granted. On the plus side it's some of the most enjoyable flying you can get paid for. You'll sharpen your IFR skills very quickly, and AMF time is universally respected. If corporate got their **** together this would be a GREAT place to work. Don't expect much from corporate and you won't be disappointed.

LAXative 08-13-2016 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Dak in back (Post 2179550)
AMF has seen departures of a chief pilot, director of safety, the firing of a CFO, an innumerable other changes to base and mid level management. Not a stable company at the moment. This is a good place to get some turbine, but not one to make a career. If QoL had been better id have stayed. At outstation bases a you WILL fly 6 days a week. You WILL load your airplane with zero compensation for doing UPS' job. I was told by the recruiter "we don't fly weekends and we don't touch boxes." Your requests for time off will not be granted. On the plus side it's some of the most enjoyable flying you can get paid for. You'll sharpen your IFR skills very quickly, and AMF time is universally respected. If corporate got their **** together this would be a GREAT place to work. Don't expect much from corporate and you won't be disappointed.

Apparently, not at Atlas. :cool::eek::rolleyes:

USMCFLYR 08-13-2016 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by LAXative (Post 2179562)
Apparently, not at Atlas. :cool::eek::rolleyes:

Why do you say that?

Was this something said to prospective pilots that were applying to Atlas?