Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

rightflight 03-11-2017 12:39 PM

Thinking of ameriflight for a career. Currently working on my commercial rating and almost finished with it. I have a load of questions.
1. Do they hire directly into the Beech 1900?
2. What are the Routes like out of KSDF?
3. What are the chances of getting the base you would like?
4. I would like to stay there long term and transition into the SA227. Do they have the metro in SDF?
5. If anyone knows whether or not AMF will be in Indiana at a college fly in anytime soon please let me know. I am dying to talk to their pilots or representatives because I would love to be there long term if possible.

GearDwn 03-11-2017 07:50 PM

Does anyone know what routes PHX has for the 99?

gunner 03-12-2017 09:41 PM

Does AMF crew the metro III single pilot?

sobo 03-13-2017 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by rightflight (Post 2318713)
Thinking of ameriflight for a career. Currently working on my commercial rating and almost finished with it. I have a load of questions.
4. I would like to stay there long term and transition into the SA227. Do they have the metro in SDF?
5. If anyone knows whether or not AMF will be in Indiana at a college fly in anytime soon please let me know. I am dying to talk to their pilots or representatives because I would love to be there long term if possible.

1. Yes, if you have 1500 hours+. At 1200 hours they will put you on the BE99.
2. More or less, this is a good place to start for all of our schedules and routes. http://www.amfpilots.com/LinkClick.a...d=285&mid=1866
3. Pretty good if you put your foot down about it. Sometimes they will put you as home based reserve or home based pilot until a spot opens up. These positions are a 18 on, 12 days off schedule. Sometimes its straight through, sometimes it's broken up. Lately the guys have been receiving a 2 week on 2 week off schedule (EMB120)
4. They would rather put you on the SA227 instead of the be1900 at 1500 hours.
5. Not sure, give recruiting a call.

Originally Posted by GearDwn (Post 2318906)
Does anyone know what routes PHX has for the 99?

http://www.amfpilots.com/LinkClick.a...d=285&mid=1866

May not be 100% accurate.

Originally Posted by gunner (Post 2319420)

As much as they can.

own nav 03-13-2017 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by gunner (Post 2319420)

Yes, especially on the short routes. Captain upgrade FOs and Eagle Jet FOs (mostly Korean Air program), gravitate heavily to the high time routes.

frmrbuffdrvr 03-13-2017 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by rightflight (Post 2318713)

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2319623)

If you do come straight to the SA227 at 1500 hours, PLEASE have a good deal of multi time and solid instrument skills. And be ready to BE the PIC. The Metro is a more difficult airplane than the 1900. I've seen guys come in directly who only had time in relatively simple aircraft and they either didn't make it through training or had a very difficult time.

Don't get me wrong. The metro is a great airplane. I've been flying it for 16 years. But it is rather systems intensive. If you just got your ratings, my recommendation would be to come on at 1200 hours straight into the BE99, get some PIC experience and learn your company procedures then move up to the metro after 6 months to a year. You probably wouldn't start out in SDF, but you would have a much better shot at making it through training period.

rightflight 03-14-2017 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by sobo (Post 2319623)
2. More or less, this is a good place to start for all of our schedules and routes. http://www.amfpilots.com/LinkClick.a...d=285&mid=1866
3. Pretty good if you put your foot down about it. Sometimes they will put you as home based reserve or home based pilot until a spot opens up. These positions are a 18 on, 12 days off schedule. Sometimes its straight through, sometimes it's broken up. Lately the guys have been receiving a 2 week on 2 week off schedule (EMB120)
5. Not sure, give recruiting a call.

http://www.amfpilots.com/LinkClick.a...d=285&mid=1866

May not be 100% accurate.

As much as they can.

Thank you so much! You have been very helpful. I may give them a call soon. I have researched AMF quite a bit for some time now trying to find answers for those questions. I really hope to fly for them and stick around for quite a while there.

Daytona7KCAB 03-14-2017 08:00 AM

Alright guys, been following this thread for a while and decided now is a good time to make my first post as I'm interested in flying for AMF but have questions.

Quick background on me I'm a 36 year old commercial truck driver full time and CFII soon to be MEI part time (weekends). I have been instructing for the past 10 yrs and have accumulated just shy of 2900 hrs total. I recently got my Multi (Comm / Inst) last december and have so far built up about 50 hrs in our flight schools Apache. Hoping to increase that number after getting the MEI.

The bummer is out of almost 2900 hrs I'm embarrassed to say I've only got 33 hrs of night flying. Though I did get my CFII a few years ago and have a decent amount of actual / IFR time now virtually all my flying is / has been daytime. We also had a Citabria from 2008-2012 where I was the primary instructor for tailwheel & aerobatic training which while fun further removed me from much night flying.

As I understand it 135 regs require 100 night PIC. That being said I've offered to fly fri & sat nights to help build some night time but it could take a while to build up the remaining 67 hrs as night instructional flights are infrequent. I believe I could get a VFR only position in a cheiftain possibly but I can't move to PHX at the moment.

So while I'm in the process of building my night time hopefully you guys can answer some questions I have. Here goes..

1) Does anyone know what the deal with Wiggins / Ameriflight is? I heard AMF bought WIG in 2014. When I see open positions for MHT on the AMF site it refers to Wiggins. I live closest to MHT at the moment.

2) I would like to start on the BE99 and move into the 1900 or even Metro (I hear they make more $ in the metro?) If I were to move to DFW could I train there, start in the BE99 and move up to the bigger aircraft without relocating? I'd really like to stay at a base and not have to move several times.

3) Is a 4 year degree required? I have an associates in aviation science but currently half way thru my bachelors in business at night.

4) Could I become a training captain to make a little extra $? What's involved and how long would it take to become one?

5) I make about $85K a year now between my truck driving & flight instructing. Is making close to that after 2-3 years unrealistic at AMF?

I'm really looking at AMF as a career move for me. Not just to get some turbine pic and leave after 6 months. For some reason the airlines have never really interested me. I'd really like to move into a captains position on the 1900 or metro and eventually the Embraer. Maybe end up in the Carribean if they have some runs down there.

Anyway, any input you guys would be appreciated.. thanks!

hittman31 03-14-2017 08:18 AM

Is working a 2 week on 2 week off schedule possible if you commute to your base from somewhere else? With jumpseat agreements I think this could be possible but not sure if they would go for it.

Thanks

Space Ranger 03-14-2017 09:03 AM

Any word on new bases?