Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

F50driver 03-08-2017 05:03 PM

error. Double posted for some reason

A1Aviator 03-08-2017 11:39 PM

I'm 50 years old. Learned to fly when I was 24. Took a 26 year break and renewed my CFI, CFII by adding an MEI and teaching..Im close to 1200TT with 200MPIC...I'm looking hard at AMF as my 'career' position. They pay structure is better than anything I ever made in 25 years of truck driving...I came back in 2015 with 700 hours and after not having flown for 4 years! in 18 months I've retrained and built my hours...I see 15 years or so pushing around a 99 or 1900 like my second dream...the new pay structure is doable for me and the QOL compared to being a truck driver? It's a friggen part time job! Don't know what you got till it's gone....

PT6 Flyer 03-09-2017 02:24 AM

Hi A1,

I am also thinking about applying at AMF. Let me know what you see as you take a closer look at the company.

PrettyFlyGuy 03-09-2017 06:35 AM

Has anyone on here been hired recently? My buddy interviewed for a Navajo captain spot and they said they liked him and would be contacting him but he hasn't heard anything. I also applied but never heard anything. Both meet captain mins. I thought Ameriflight was desperate for captains right now.

Aryan 03-09-2017 07:12 AM

How does it work trying to jumpseat on Amflight when they have a Chinese copilot? Does the copilot get bumped to take the jumpseater?

Edgewoodrx 03-09-2017 09:30 AM

Real world question

I'm an older pilot in my late 50,s presently flying Part 135 night freight. After a break from flying for a few years I have taken this entry level freight job to regain currency and make myself marketable. Looking at AMF as a final stopping place in my career.

I know being a freight dog is hardly a primadonna life and I accept that. My current job is all weather, humping freight, back side of the clock, etc, etc. Please don't interpret this as a spoiled whiner post. I'm ok with hard work but before I commit to my last few flying years with a company I have some QOL questions that need answering.

Here's my questions for those who can help:

1. How long (typically) are the crew days? I know there are exceptions but what could a guy really expect each day. I ask because if my commute to the airport is 1 hour and the crew day is the max 14 hours I feel I am setting myself up for failure if I expect to do a 16 hour day, 5 days a week.

2. If the work day is 14 hours, do most people generally live in an apartment 15 minutes from their base?

3. I am specifically interested in DFW. do any scheduled runs actually start from there or would I be a Dallas based relief pilot and be on the road 20 days a month?

I attended their pilot open house and asked these questions but really did not get a straight answer. Really nice folks and they seemed very interested in getting me started but I really wanted to get the straight scoop from recent/current AMF guys. Any extra info good or bad would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

own nav 03-09-2017 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Aryan (Post 2317164)
How does it work trying to jumpseat on Amflight when they have a Chinese copilot? Does the copilot get bumped to take the jumpseater?

Assuming you meant our Korean First Officers. Whenever I have had a jumpseater, we knew at the beginning of the day, and the first officer was assigned to a different flight unless there was a 3rd seat in the plane.

99842 03-09-2017 02:18 PM

Redbird sim in Dallas (?)

Does anyone know which model of the Redbird sim Ameriflight is using in their interview process? Thanks!

B1900D 03-09-2017 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 99842 (Post 2317490)
Does anyone know which model of the Redbird sim Ameriflight is using in their interview process? Thanks!

As far as I know they are using that Redbird for IFR proficiency training, not for the interview process. I got interviewed via Skype, and put in their so called pilot pool. Never officially got a job offer, 4 months later. They made it fairly obvious they are hiring older guys/gals for the job lately. I saw maybe one or two young guys among them. They also have a 22 year old female making their hiring recommendations. If she does not like you, forget about getting your recommendation on the VPFO's desk.

F50driver 03-09-2017 04:21 PM

Health care premiums

Can anyone tell me how much the premiums are for employee plus spouse?