Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

frmrbuffdrvr 08-15-2016 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by LAXative (Post 2179586)
Atlas looks for guys ready to fly heavies across the pond and AMF definitely does not prepare you for that. AMF is fine prep for the regionals.

Funny. I know two people who went to Atlas in the last 8 months. One direct from AMF and one who went to TMC for about 6 months then got picked up.

KSCessnaDriver 08-15-2016 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2180674)
Funny. I know two people who went to Atlas in the last 8 months. One direct from AMF and one who went to TMC for about 6 months then got picked up.

And at least one is still waiting on IOE, after months. Sounds like a great gig (not):cool:

Jetlife 08-15-2016 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2180674)

So one that went right from AMF... I'm pretty sure both of those hires are because of job fairs too.

Atlas is a possibility just as are other ACMIs right from AMF, you're just gonna have to work harder than the regional pilot or corporate jet pilot to get there.

frmrbuffdrvr 08-15-2016 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by GreenWater (Post 2179637)
I applied for FO on the 120 but in the interview the recruiter suggested FO on the Metro or 1900 to build time quicker. Will have to wait until next week to see if I even get an offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus, the E120 is more of a seat lock than either the metro or 1900. That's because we are required to have an FO in the 120. So we want guys who need 5-600 hours before they hit 1200. If you are within a couple hundred hours of 135 mins, the metro or 1900 would be better for you. And try to get on a high time run, even if it means moving for a couple of months. If you come on that route, we'll be looking to move you to left seat of a 99 as soon as you can hit the 1200 mark.

Originally Posted by pilot93 (Post 2179866)
If I remember right FO pay is they same on the 120, 1900, & metro.

Yes. All the FO spots pay the same.

Jetlife 08-15-2016 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver (Post 2180678)
And at least one is still waiting on IOE, after months. Sounds like a great gig (not):cool:

Yep she's still waiting. Already had to go to recurrent without ever touching a plane. Lots of issues at Atlas, with IOE wait times being a small one.

frmrbuffdrvr 08-15-2016 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver (Post 2180678)

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what job they came from that I can tell.

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2180679)
So one that went right from AMF... I'm pretty sure both of those hires are because of job fairs too.

Atlas is a possibility just as are other ACMIs right from AMF, you're just gonna have to work harder than the regional pilot or corporate jet pilot to get there.

I don't know how either of them got their connections.

BTW, nice to see you two are still trolling around the thread.

Jetlife 08-15-2016 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2180684)
Which has absolutely nothing to do with what job they came from that I can tell.

I don't know how either of them got their connections.

BTW, nice to see you two are still trolling around the thread.

Nice to see you're still cheerleading a bottom feeder company. Lots of rats have left the sinking ship, not you though huh :)

What you call trolling, the rest of the world would call realistic perception. Anytime somebody says something even remotely or minutely negative towards AMF, you get upset. Your one sided pro AMF rhetoric has every right to be challenged on a public forum. Young, fresh pilots deserve a multi dimensional viewpoint on a given company before they make their decision to work there. People like you are the reason rumors at AMF run rampant.

USMCFLYR 08-15-2016 09:25 AM

Everything PRO from one poster is no more helpful than everything NEGATIVE from another.

I know personally, I'd be much less likely to believe either one of them in that case. I'd rather see someone who can speak to both the good and the bad in the same breath. At least then it comes as a more balanced approach.

If there is really nothing good at a particular job (how often do we hear 'I love the people/crews/etc...' but......), then share why you joined the company in the first place and what you THOUGHT it was going to be like, and how it ended up being like. These people are making the same decisions that you made however long ago and I'm sure that someone coming across an internet forum didn't persuade you to change your mind either.

frmrbuffdrvr 08-15-2016 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2180687)
Nice to see you're still cheerleading a bottom feeder company. Lots of rats have left the sinking ship, not you though huh :)

What you call trolling, the rest of the world would call realistic perception. Anytime somebody says something even remotely or minutely negative towards AMF, you get upset. Your one sided pro AMF rhetoric has every right to be challenged on a public forum. Young, fresh pilots deserve a multi dimensional viewpoint on a given company before they make their decision to work there. People like you are the reason rumors at AMF run rampant.

My main gripe was I was answering to the comment that AMF time would be looked down on by Atlas for hiring considerations. And then KS implies the AMF time is why one of their recent hires hasn't flown yet when that connection is ludicrous.

And your implication that if someone stays at AMF for any length of time they must be essentially a loser is a bit offensive to me when you don't know anything about my overall situation.

PrettyFlyGuy 08-16-2016 12:51 AM

I know this isn't an Atlas thread and I don't usually get involved in this stuff, but a guy up here in Alaska I fly with just interviewed there on his last rotation home and received the job offer with an unknown class date. He has all c207 piston time and very little multi. So Atlas seems to be a who you know not where you come from type company(his cfi works there).
Anyway I would think a guy from AMF with lots of turbine PIC single pilot IFR would go somewhere better than Atlas/Polar.
All of our 135 single pilot guys here in Alaska seem to leave straight for Jet Blue, Alaska or Frontier and skip the regionals/knock off cargo operators.

Out of curiosity why is AMF so bad considering they pay more than most entry level multi jobs and are a quick route to PIC time? Plus a type rating that would make easy transition to a king air job if the airline route didn't work out. Not being a dick just really want an inside opinion.

PS my father is a retired chief pilot from the ol' US Airways out of the west coast and when I asked about Ameriflight he said he had no clue who that was lol. He always says that he never looked at the previous employer that detailed it was about knowing they could hand fly by the "seat of their pants" he started as an old school metro liner/1900 guy. He said I can train you to push buttons at the right time but I'm not gonna teach you how to fly lol