Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 06:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by EJetter2016 View Post
Thanks bro. They pay for relocation to BQN?
Afraid not. Not unless they are forcing you to go there. And as a new hire, that wouldn't be the case.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Is the pay salary or by the flight hour? Trying to figure how APC gets there 57,000 a year for first year 1900 captains
Old 06-11-2016, 07:28 AM
On Reserve

Position: B737 FO

Not by flight hour, it is basically salaried, you typically receive 40 units of pay for each week, 8 hours a day for the run that you do. The hourly rate multiplied by that, by 52 weeks would give you that annual pay.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Career question here. I'm at 950 TT mostly turbine, xc, sic. I have the mins for 135 IFR except the total and looking to build multi time to eventually move on to the airlines. I only have 6 multi engine from CMEL training:/. I'm tight for money and can't afford building multi on my own dime, plus the experience flying single pilot IFR would put some hair on my chest.

Would amflight consider me for a chieftain vfr capt , metro sic or bro sic ?

Should I wait to apply at 1200hrs?

Is thier a training contract involved , in which case I'd wanna come over sooner rather than later right ? If I plan to move on at 1500?

Thanks for the help
Old 06-13-2016, 02:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by TimetoClimb View Post
Career question here. I'm at 950 TT mostly turbine, xc, sic. I have the mins for 135 IFR except the total and looking to build multi time to eventually move on to the airlines. I only have 6 multi engine from CMEL training:/. I'm tight for money and can't afford building multi on my own dime, plus the experience flying single pilot IFR would put some hair on my chest.

Is thier a training contract involved , in which case I'd wanna come over sooner rather than later right ? If I plan to move on at 1500?

Thanks for the help
No harm in applying, or for that matter calling a recruiter.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but all the guys I talk to lately say they didn't sign a training contract.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by TimetoClimb View Post

Thanks for the help
I know we have VFR captains in the PA31 in ABQ. There is no training contract in the pistons.

We also do metro, 1900 and E120 SICs, but with only 6 hours multi you might have a tough time getting through training.

As other folks have said -- Go ahead and apply.
Old 06-14-2016, 12:00 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2016

I am hoping for some help... I am thinking about applying in July for an F/O position. I have spoken with a recruiter already but was hoping to speak with a new F/O or someone relatively new in the company to get a real feel for what's going on instead of just what a recruiter is telling. If some one wouldn't mind PM'ing me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Contract

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: SR22

Why PM? Just put it in this thread so everyone can learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2016, 08:03 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Typical? No such thing.

Since most of our flying is small package (UPS or DHL) you will go from the main base to an outstation in the morning, spend the day at home (if you are outstation based) or at a hotel (if you are based at the main hub) and then come back in that evening. Outstation runs will generally start with the inbound leg on Monday evening and finish on the outbound leg either Friday or Saturday morning.
I'm still kinda confused on how this would work. Could you give an example? Like you start the day at your home base, then fly to the outstation, stay their for the majority of the day at a hotel, then fly back to home base at night? Thanks.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Codyp1814 View Post
I'm still kinda confused on how this would work. Could you give an example? Like you start the day at your home base, then fly to the outstation, stay their for the majority of the day at a hotel, then fly back to home base at night? Thanks.
Some runs are that way. Others have you actually living at the outstation. In this case you would show up at the airport in the evening, fly into the hub, go to a layover where you may or may not get legal rest, depending on the run. Then fly back out in the morning and go home for the day. These types of runs generally start on Monday evening and finish on either Friday or Saturday morning. The ones like you have described would be like the DHL runs in Dallas which start at DFW on Monday morning and finish back in DFW on Friday night.

And then there are runs such as in SUS where you take off in the afternoon and fly a round robin to two or three cities and come back to SUS that night and never have a layover.