Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008

Latest word at Ameriflight is all hiring suspended. Next class will likely be in June.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: BE-1900 CA

Originally Posted by Scooter2525 View Post
congrats mang. go buy urself a hand held gps.
Bah, you don't need a GPS to fly up there. They still use ADFs. The needles on those things always tell you... well, something. They definitely point in a direction. Sometimes several directions- that's like getting a bonus!
Old 05-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 200 CA Hawker 800/900 FO

This question is aimed at AMF, Airnet, Ram Air, etc. Do your companies give you an ATP if you have the qualifications when going through new hire training. I ask because its probably gonna be a while before they hire below ATP mins again.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: Swivel Chair
Default AMF and ATP's

At AMF getting an ATP as a result of new hire training is a "Not a Chance" ... why would a new employer improve your resume beyond their needs for a new hire. Are you kidding.

Although AMF doesn't fly cargo Learjets any more, even those captains didn't need an ATP. Their (most senior) passenger jet captains, YES. Cargo jet captains, NO (although they all have them).

AMF will provide you with an ATP after a year or two working as a PA31 or BE99 pilot ...

If you're looking for a way to get someone to pay for your ATP, look elsewhere.

TransMach
Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

If your bonded by a contract why wouldn't they give you the ATP if you wanted it. A type ride is esentially the same.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: King Air 200 CA Hawker 800/900 FO

Originally Posted by SD3FR8DOG View Post
If your bonded by a contract why wouldn't they give you the ATP if you wanted it. A type ride is esentially the same.
That's what I was thinking, don't you have to perform to ATP standards for the 135 ride anyways?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Any seat that pays

Originally Posted by fjetter View Post
That's what I was thinking, don't you have to perform to ATP standards for the 135 ride anyways?

If they won't, take the written and rent a twin, take the ride and you'll have the ATP. Everything else is just an add-on.

From my experience, most insurance carriers at legit operations require and ATP.

Bottom line, a type ride is the same as an ATP ride wether you're in a Duchess or and Airbus. (Straight out of the FAA PTS) Why would you want to put a type on a commercial cert anyway? pretty useless.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Why would you want to put a type on a commercial cert anyway? pretty useless.
My place only requires 1200hrs for upgrade, so commercial with type rating it is. Other corporate jobs out there too where you can have a type on a commercial. e.g. Type rated f/o. I myself went and did the ATP written over a course of a weekend while in upgrade training so could get the ATP with the type.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:34 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Originally Posted by insanelyradical View Post
Just to let everyone who has put in their stuff, I emailed my resume to the asst. chief pilot in PHX (I got his email address from a buddy who used to work there and knows him) on 11/7/08 and have not heard anything back yet. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard anything. Also looking for suggestions on what the next step should be. (ie. email him the same stuff again, email him saying I am still interested, send in my stuff normally, etc.) My times are 1450TT 400ME and i'm currently a CFI.
Was he expecting to hear from you via his email acct.?
If not, you may have risked alienating the ACP\CP by going around the normal App process and perhaps he did not appreciate receiving an email from a stranger, let alone a job applicant.. Think about it.? He was not made aware of your contacting him.

I would be cautious about doing it again.

Find someone that works there and is willing to vouch for you and walk in your resume.
Good luck to you,
Old 05-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by Strobe View Post
Was he expecting to hear from you via his email acct.?
If not, you may have risked alienating the ACP\CP by going around the normal App process and perhaps he did not appreciate receiving an email from a stranger, let alone a job applicant.. Think about it.? He was not made aware of your contacting him.

I would be cautious about doing it again.

Find someone that works there and is willing to vouch for you and walk in your resume.
Good luck to you,
Do it the way everyone else has been doing it. Go through the Burbank Flight Department. The ACP out in PHX has enough stuff to do right now, as do most of the base ACPs.