Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 10:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer View Post
Does anyone have an interview gouge?
Read the last 10-20 pages...
All your answers are there.
First test...can you find the info and comprehend it.
Ameriflight is primarily a single Pilot 135 freight company, with some EMB-120 copilot positions, and a program to get some higher time guys that don't quite meet the FAA/COMPANY MINIMUM for pic up to FAA/company minimums...
Most questions have been answered maybe 3x in the last 3 months...and the company website always lists currently bases that have openings after they have been put out too bid.
Sorry if it comes across harsh, but in 135 you have to be a bit of a self-starter, and know where to find info..
You typically won't be in an office to get spoon-fed....
Old 03-26-2018, 10:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ZippyNH View Post
Read the last 10-20 pages...
All your answers are there.
First test...can you find the info and comprehend it.
Ameriflight is primarily a single Pilot 135 freight company, with some EMB-120 copilot positions, and a program to get some higher time guys that don't quite meet the FAA/COMPANY MINIMUM for pic up to FAA/company minimums...
Most questions have been answered maybe 3x in the last 3 months...and the company website always lists currently bases that have openings after they have been put out too bid.
Sorry if it comes across harsh, but in 135 you have to be a bit of a self-starter, and know where to find info..
You typically won't be in an office to get spoon-fed....
That's not helpful at all, and I have already read the last 10-20 pages. I am asking for a specific interview gouge. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

That's not helpful at all, and I have already read the last 10-20 pages. I am asking for a specific interview gouge. Nothing more, nothing less.
Sorry if you didn't figure it out...
There are numerous posts saying it was either a phone or Skype interview, a few basic questions or even just an offer depending on experience.
Ameriflight is mostly a "sink or swim" type of place... you show up, go through class, take a test, and if you pass you stay.
Fail, you are sent packing (extra training might be an option at some levels). Same thing happens a couple times as you progress. You learn, you stay...fail to learn to standard, you are given a ticket home. No real secret.
Know your stuff, be prepared, and all will be good. They are training you to fly 135 alone, at night, often in poor weather, primarily with older equipment. The training is kinda intense, but people with good skills come out better for it. Yes, it kinda "old school" training , not like s summer camp, but the planes are old school....
Yup...I read much of the thread before I went, kinda knew what to expect.
People in class range from first time 135 pilot's, to seasoned freight dogs, to retired 121 guys...
Old 03-26-2018, 11:34 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Does anyone have an interview gouge?
Interviewing is relatively simple these days. Once you qualify and apply, a recruiter will call you and verify your application, when you will be available for a training class, and where you are available to go base-wise.
If everything works out and you have 15 minutes to spare for an interview, your phone interview will commence. You'll be asked HR questions about your personal and professional background (what kind of flying you've been doing, employment history, questions to get more details, etc).
There may be a follow up call if after discussion Flight or Recruiting has additional questions.
At that point, your recruiter will get an answer for you and either make you an offer or ask you to get something (more ME, more Instrument, or whatever you are lacking) or give you a flat no if we can't do anything for you.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Hi folks,

I am curious if there are any present (or upcoming) PIC openings for the EMB-120 or SA-227 in PHX?

Or perhaps, a floater PIC position in the EMB-120?

Or perhaps in DFW (I have family there).

I am Typed in the Metro and flew for Ameriflight twenty years ago.
I have a bit over 1300 hours of PIC time in each the SA-227, and, in the B737
series, among other various Type Ratings / flight time. I enjoyed my time at Ameriflight in the '90s and am looking at this as a quality of life move; getting hired on by Ameriflight. I have a business jet PIC job that I will be going into training for soon and Ameriflight actually pays substantially more than their offering, although both offer a good quality of life. I am hoping to find something at Ameriflight before the training begins at the other operation.

Thank you for your help!
We do not have any openings for EMB120s or SA227s in PHX.
We do have BE1900 and SA227 positions open that are technically based at DFW, but you would live at an outstation.

We have Home-Based Captain positions available.
EMB120: Home Based Captain Cargo Pilot - Careers At Ameriflight, LLC
SA227: Home Based Captain Cargo Pilot SA227 Metroliner - Careers At Ameriflight, LLC

That schedule is 14/7/14/14.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-26-2018, 12:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Question

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Interviewing is relatively simple these days. Once you qualify and apply, a recruiter will call you and verify your application, when you will be available for a training class, and where you are available to go base-wise.
If everything works out and you have 15 minutes to spare for an interview, your phone interview will commence. You'll be asked HR questions about your personal and professional background (what kind of flying you've been doing, employment history, questions to get more details, etc).
There may be a follow up call if after discussion Flight or Recruiting has additional questions.
At that point, your recruiter will get an answer for you and either make you an offer or ask you to get something (more ME, more Instrument, or whatever you are lacking) or give you a flat no if we can't do anything for you.

Hope that helps!
There is no technical interview?
Old 03-26-2018, 12:59 PM
Ameriflight

There is no technical interview?
No reason to be confused. Typically, there aren't any technical questions.
We used to have a list of technical questions, but we typically no longer use them.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:28 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Not sure if anyone has asked this but during the FO stage working up to 1200 tt, what is the usual work week sorta speak? Ive noticed some places say things like four days on and four days off.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: Left

Is Ameriflight still in partnerships for advancement to Omni? Asking for a friend. If so, what are the requirements and steps to advance? Thanks.

GM
Old 03-27-2018, 07:54 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Default Timeline

Anybody know what the training timeline on the 1900 is? Starting class May 7th. I'm just wondering if there is a long wait between systems and OE.