Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 03-01-2018, 06:28 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn View Post
Ok thanks

I assume I should apply to the KBFI position. Or is there a person I should contact? I spoke to Sarah H back in December if she is still around I have her contact information.
She's still around.
Feel free to give her a call!
Old 03-01-2018, 06:33 AM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by aiqs View Post
excellent, i could be more near to the 900hrs for the April class unless i need to sing For the ACP and leave my actual job sooner that i am expecting. but i haven't hear any more since the telephone interview with kacie on Feb, 13th. . . should i try to contact her via a call cuz i really want to be part AMF but i would not be without any info .
Our April class starts on April 2nd.
Definitely continue flying if possible, but at 827 your TT is good for the ACP.
Also, if you are in or want to be in ABQ, we have VFR Captain positions open.
Feel free to try Kacie again! If you can't reach her, shoot me an email at [email protected]
Old 03-01-2018, 03:21 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Default B1900 Questions

Hi - I'm new here. How do you like me so far.....?

On a serious note: I'm thinking about applying for a 1900 job with Ameriflight, and would appreciate more information about the specific role from guys / gals in the know. It sounds like the 1900 is operated single pilot, so how is the aircraft equipped? From previous experience, cargo aircraft are not big on high-tech in the cockpit, and these 1900's are probably no different?

Anything else I should know about the company, equipment, routes, or this specific job?

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2018, 03:57 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Our April class starts on April 2nd.
Definitely continue flying if possible, but at 827 your TT is good for the ACP.
Also, if you are in or want to be in ABQ, we have VFR Captain positions open.
Feel free to try Kacie again! If you can't reach her, shoot me an email at [email protected]
Are these positions commutable?
Old 03-01-2018, 06:15 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Default Questions about Ameriflight

I have a couple of questions about Ameriflight. I know some of this might have been answered before in this thread, but I was unable to find it due to the size of the thread.

(1) It is my understanding that during Accelerated Captain Program, you can not choose a base? How long does it normally take to get the required 200h and does one get to choose a preferred based upon being promoted to captain?
(2) If you apply for the ACP at 950h, will you be promoted to captain at 1000h or 1150?
(3) Is Ameriflight commutable?
(4) What is a typical schedule/routes for pilots based at DFW?
(5) Is there a specific contract length? In other words, is Ameriflight a good option to build hours toward ATP or is it preferable for pilot who want freight careers?
Old 03-02-2018, 06:42 AM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by Dick Little View Post
Hi - I'm new here. How do you like me so far.....?

On a serious note: I'm thinking about applying for a 1900 job with Ameriflight, and would appreciate more information about the specific role from guys / gals in the know. It sounds like the 1900 is operated single pilot, so how is the aircraft equipped? From previous experience, cargo aircraft are not big on high-tech in the cockpit, and these 1900's are probably no different?

Anything else I should know about the company, equipment, routes, or this specific job?

Thanks!
The 1900 is operated mostly single pilot. We do have FOs in them in places where the weather is not great or there are a lot of legs. An example would be Lansing.
Not too high-tech.

We operate 25 1900s out of BFI, BUR, CVG, SDF, DFW, SAT, LAN, OMA, PDX, PHX, SJU, and SLC.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:43 AM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by KaiGywer View Post
Are these positions commutable?
The VFR position is not. You would have to live within an hour from ABQ.
The ACP positions are. You don't get a base until you become a Captain at 1,000TT. And then you would get a base or become Home-Based.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:58 AM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by pilotue View Post
I have a couple of questions about Ameriflight. I know some of this might have been answered before in this thread, but I was unable to find it due to the size of the thread.

(1) It is my understanding that during Accelerated Captain Program, you can not choose a base? How long does it normally take to get the required 200h and does one get to choose a preferred based upon being promoted to captain?
(2) If you apply for the ACP at 950h, will you be promoted to captain at 1000h or 1150?
(3) Is Ameriflight commutable?
(4) What is a typical schedule/routes for pilots based at DFW?
(5) Is there a specific contract length? In other words, is Ameriflight a good option to build hours toward ATP or is it preferable for pilot who want freight careers?
  1. Correct, you do not choose a base until you become a restricted Captain at 1,000TT. They'll put you on the highest timed routes throughout our system in hopes that you are able to gain those hours quickly. Typically, it takes 4-6 months. When you become a restricted Captain, you'll be able to choose which base you'd like; leading up to it you'll hear about openings.
  2. If you come to Ameriflight as an ACP at 950TT, you'll upgrade to a restricted Captain at 1,000TT. (The FAA waiver requires the pilot to have 1,000TT and 50 hours with us as an FO.)
  3. If you are assigned to a base, you will need to live within an hour from the base. We also have a Home-Based Captain option. The schedule is a little different, but you can live wherever and we'll fly you throughout our system where needed.
  4. Typical schedule for DFW pilots is Monday-Friday. Some have Saturdays. A few of the schedules at DFW are Monday evening to Saturday morning.
  5. The only position we have a contract for is the ACP position. Ameriflight is a great option to build hours toward your ATP - the only hours that do not count toward that ATP are your hours as an ACP FO (so if you come in at 950, those first 50 hours of being an FO will not count), because we are not required to have that position. After that, they all count! We have a Gateway Program with UPS (freight), but three programs with non-freight - Allegiant, Omni, Frontier.
Hopefully all that made sense!
Old 03-02-2018, 07:39 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Recruiting said they would run my times by "Flight." I am assuming that means the flight department or something. Anyways, I never heard back. Upgrading at my regional in 6 months sounds better anyways. Good luck out there, Ameriflight.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:35 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Thank you for your Response. yesterday i wrote to kacie again with no aswere yet. as well worte to the previews email on witch let an attach resume.

As well considering ABQ if some one on that base help me out with the living arrangement.

I apreciate any help that you can be provide.