Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 11-21-2018, 02:56 PM
  #4821  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Posts: 374
Default

Originally Posted by kauaiflyguy View Post
Anybody know if Ameriflight relaxes the 500 PIC minimum for Beech 99 Capt? Thanks.
Same question regarding EMB-120 FO? Currently at 300 PIC.
colonials13 is offline  
Old 11-22-2018, 09:22 AM
  #4822  
On Reserve
 
AkAv8er's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Position: C206
Posts: 23
Default be1900 sea schedule

Hello,

I'm getting ready to apply for a captain pos on the beech 1900 out of bfi and had a few more questions.

First is regarding the schedule. I've read from previous posts that a typ schedule is a show time around 5 am, fly until maybe 8 am, hang out until about 2 pm and done around 5 pm. Does that sound right for the sea b1900s? Other scheduling I should expect out of training? Of course Im flexible but I'm trying to give the wife a realistic picture of what to expect.

Speaking of training I read indoc is Dallas (was it 2 weeks?) then training location depends on aircraft. Where should i expect for the b1900?


Lastly I've been flying IFR and doing a bunch of sim time prepping but I see the sim evaluation isn't until training. Does anyone (freight dog) see an issue with trying to start training in jan if the interview process goes well?

Thanks
AkAv8er is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 08:27 PM
  #4823  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 656
Default

Originally Posted by AkAv8er View Post
Hello,

I'm getting ready to apply for a captain pos on the beech 1900 out of bfi and had a few more questions.

First is regarding the schedule. I've read from previous posts that a typ schedule is a show time around 5 am, fly until maybe 8 am, hang out until about 2 pm and done around 5 pm. Does that sound right for the sea b1900s? Other scheduling I should expect out of training? Of course Im flexible but I'm trying to give the wife a realistic picture of what to expect.

Speaking of training I read indoc is Dallas (was it 2 weeks?) then training location depends on aircraft. Where should i expect for the b1900?


Lastly I've been flying IFR and doing a bunch of sim time prepping but I see the sim evaluation isn't until training. Does anyone (freight dog) see an issue with trying to start training in jan if the interview process goes well?

Thanks
That's pretty close for a west coast schedule. Though I think the PM side might be 1-2 hours later than that. You'll be closer to finishing around 7PM than 5.

Your training estimate is pretty spot on. 2 weeks in Dallas for Indoc/MEICE then 3-4 weeks aircraft specific training.For a 1900 captain the training will be in LGA.

Since I'm not in the hiring pipeline, I can't speak to possible class dates, other than I know there won't be new hire training in December.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 08:29 PM
  #4824  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 656
Default

Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
Same question regarding EMB-120 FO? Currently at 300 PIC.
I believe FreightDog answered this a ways back in the thread. The PIC requirement is firm for both positions.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 08:34 PM
  #4825  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 656
Default

Originally Posted by dera View Post
Ameriflight has no flow programs.
Guaranteed interview is not a flow program.
dera is correct in that we don't have "flow through" programs. At least not in the sense where you have any kind of guaranteed hiring beyond AMF. But our pathway programs in most cases are more than simply guaranteed interviews. I know in the UPS Gateway program the AMF pilot will spend a year working with a UPS mentor and formally being in touch with people at UPS. So by the time the interview comes around, they are a "known quantity" as far as UPS is concerned. Making it more of a "yours to lose" interview than convincing them they should hire you.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 11-24-2018, 07:33 PM
  #4826  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2018
Posts: 21
Default

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

Ameriflight pilots average 60 flight hours per month (720 per year).
Thanks, and are there contracts for the FO's?
2BluSkyz is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 05:28 AM
  #4827  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 318
Default

Originally Posted by AkAv8er View Post
Lastly I've been flying IFR and doing a bunch of sim time prepping but I see the sim evaluation isn't until training. Does anyone (freight dog) see an issue with trying to start training in jan if the interview process goes well?
No issue with starting in January! Once the December class starts on 12/3, the recruiters will start hitting hard for the January class. Feel free to go ahead and apply if you haven't already. The process is relatively quick and painless! Phone interview, quick turnaround on a yes or no, offer letter sometimes within just a few hours - that kind of thing.

Feel free to PM once you've applied and I'll ping your recruiter!
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 11-29-2018, 05:31 AM
  #4828  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 318
Default

Originally Posted by 2BluSkyz View Post
Thanks, and are there contracts for the FO's?
There are only contracts for the ACP FOs because the position is not a required position for Ameriflight. The FO is not a required crew member in the aircraft the program puts them in.
Here are those flight mins: 800 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument

For our regular FO positions in the EMB120, there is no contract.
Here are those flight mins: 500 TT, 25 ME, 100 XC (defined as point to point), 25 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 01:59 AM
  #4829  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2018
Posts: 104
Default

Quick question:

Is the ATP required for upgrade to the 1900? If so, would a training contract be involved?
smc2020 is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 10:51 AM
  #4830  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 656
Default

Originally Posted by smc2020 View Post
Quick question:

Is the ATP required for upgrade to the 1900? If so, would a training contract be involved?
No, an ATP is not required. In fact, an ATP is not required to fly any of our aircraft. Even captain in the E120.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Mrsmith42e
Cargo
22
01-22-2021 08:14 AM
waflyboy
Cargo
3
05-10-2020 02:48 PM
chazbird
Part 135
10
07-01-2007 03:47 PM
beech_nut
Cargo
0
01-28-2006 11:55 AM
Freight Dog
Cargo
0
11-17-2005 09:27 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices