Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 08:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Freightdogs,

I am attempting to apply for a pilot job at AMF. I was invited to do the online video interview. I am unable to complete the video interview because the AMF website will not accept video/audio data from my PC. (Trouble-shooting does not help.) Is there anyway I can get around this? Is there any way I can travel to an AMF office and do this part of the interview process in person?
Old 07-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: And hold

Originally Posted by PT6 Flyer View Post
Freightdogs,

I am attempting to apply for a pilot job at AMF. I was invited to do the online video interview. I am unable to complete the video interview because the AMF website will not accept video/audio data from my PC. (Trouble-shooting does not help.) Is there anyway I can get around this? Is there any way I can travel to an AMF office and do this part of the interview process in person?
Easy solution to this. Apply anywhere else.....
Old 07-14-2017, 09:55 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Originally Posted by NatGeo View Post
The King Air 250 is very similar. On ebay you can search for "flight safety king air 250 manual/checklist." I bought the bound one with a blue plastic cover.
Thanks. I actually found a Beech C99 specific POH from Essco Aircraft online.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

When does the first UPS flow thru pilot start?
Old 07-15-2017, 06:52 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
There is no UPS flow. UPS interns that sign up for the program can go to AMF to gain hours and experience, then go back to UPS as pilots.

AMF still misuses the term flow through, their recruiters still don’t understand what they say, either that or somebody is telling them to use that term incorrectly as means to attract pilots which wouldn’t surprise me in the least bit.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
There is no UPS flow. UPS interns that sign up for the program can go to AMF to gain hours and experience, then go back to UPS as pilots.

AMF still misuses the term flow through, their recruiters still don’t understand what they say, either that or somebody is telling them to use that term incorrectly as means to attract pilots which wouldn’t surprise me in the least bit.
Why would they try to deceive pilots? Wouldn't that work against them in trying to retain pilots long term? The pilot knowing that the company tricked them, wouldn't help in fostering a healthy employee/company relationship.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

The first UPS interns are currently in training.

The UPS program is NOT an AMF flow program. It currently isn't even available to pilots hiring directly to AMF. It is a program for low time pilots to start off as an intern at UPS who come to AMF to build their time before going back to UPS.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
The first UPS interns are currently in training.

The UPS program is NOT an AMF flow program. It currently isn't even available to pilots hiring directly to AMF. It is a program for low time pilots to start off as an intern at UPS who come to AMF to build their time before going back to UPS.
Is AMF trying to make it a pure flow thru that makes all AMF pilots (regardless of background) able to flow to UPS, without interviewing, when their seniority number comes up?
Old 07-15-2017, 09:50 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Why would they try to deceive pilots? Wouldn't that work against them in trying to retain pilots long term? The pilot knowing that the company tricked them, wouldn't help in fostering a healthy employee/company relationship.
The job of a recruiter isn't to retain pilots.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Is AMF trying to make it a pure flow thru that makes all AMF pilots (regardless of background) able to flow to UPS, without interviewing, when their seniority number comes up?
I am not aware of anything along those lines right now.

Hopefully if this program goes well and UPS is happy with the quality of pilots they are getting back we might be able to work out some kind of program.

I don't think it will ever involve no interview. Since UPS and AMF are totally separate companies, I doubt they would take one of our pilots with no investigation of their own as to the pilot's ability, knowledge and demeanor.

The reason they do it with this intern program is that they have already interviewed and selected these folks before they come to AMF.