Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Flow is not a commonly used term for a preferential interview process. Preferential interview, is a commonly used term for preferential interviews. If you don't know the difference, you need to educate yourself on the agreement Ameriflight has with Allegiant, then you need to educate yourself on what flow is.

You have a tendency to spin things slightly and hope that people don't notice. Tell a potential new hire that it's a flow, no big deal right? Until they find out it literally couldn't be farther from flow, and they get ****ed because current employees were giving them misinformation.
That would be your tendency, mr oakland. You've been factchecked by me for years, and now you feel it is your oppotunity to discredit me because you disagree with a term I used. The guy is already looking at 2 years here, he is looking for advice, I suggested something he should look into.
The only thing you are proving is how one sided you are. Before you accuse me of the same, bear in mind a current employee has rules to follow. I don't need to bring up the negatives of this job, you guys bring it up, I let it go. When you guys go over the top with misleading or outdated information, I will point it out. Btw, as many times as you have posted in ignorance, I have never accused you of lying, we can disagree and clarify each other without such accusations of malicious intent.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:15 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Fact check? I will surrender my certificates if you can show me one thing I have said about AMF that is a complete lie, please show me. You have rose colored glasses and you communicate on this board as such. You're an AMF cheerleader and that's fine, and I know you're proud of the company you work for, but stop the charades.

Stop selling disenchanting information to potential new hires, and I will stop calling you out, it's quite simple.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I didn't call you a liar. I don't know why you are taking this in that direction other than you are getting defensive about calling me such.

I can fact check you without calling you a liar. Fact checking applies to outdated, otherwise misleading information given in ignorance. You had a different definition of flow through and chose to call me a liar over it. A simple disagreement in terms would have sufficed, and we could discuss the details of the Allegiant agreement, instead we waste everyone's time with our back and forth because you couldn't resist the opportunity to slander me.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
I'm not certain, but I think we are also putting a hold on hiring because of Peak coming up. Everyone (including the training dept) will be flying starting the week before thanksgiving and so I was told we won't have classes for November and December. After the class starting next week the next new hire class will likely be in January.
Seems likely...I applied last week and not a peep yet. Nobody in recruiting is picking up or returning calls either. I guess I missed the boat on this one.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:29 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by TimetoClimb View Post
Seems likely...I applied last week and not a peep yet. Nobody in recruiting is picking up or returning calls either. I guess I missed the boat on this one.
Give it time, it shouldn't take long to get a call.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by TimetoClimb View Post
Originally Posted by AlphaTexan31 View Post
Give it time, it shouldn't take long to get a call.
Knowing how much we still need pilots, I'm sure recruiting is already making tentative arrangements for the January and February classes, knowing that some of those won't show up for one reason or another.

If we could cover our Peak runs AND run indoc/training classes, we definitely would.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:41 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by Jetset140 View Post
Hey guys - I'm fairly interested in applying. I'm turning 21 next month, currently sitting at 1,300TT (900 multi, 950 turbine). Currently have a gig with a private jet operater, typed SIC in a light jet. Most of my time is SIC due to my age, w/ previous 1900 experience, applying for a PIC B1900 position at Ameriflight would allow for me to build some good PIC time over the next 2 years until I'm old enough to get a full ATP. Any suggestions on making this move, from the guys currently w/ the company. Currently trying to weigh my options. Any info would be appreciated.
The best bet would be to go straight into the 99, and you would more than likely get an upgrade to the 1900 or metro within a year. Metro is a much more likely upgrade that the 1900 being as AMF operates twice as many metro's.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by AlphaTexan31 View Post
The best bet would be to go straight into the 99, and you would more than likely get an upgrade to the 1900 or metro within a year. Metro is a much more likely upgrade that the 1900 being as AMF operates twice as many metro's.
FWIW, the last company bid had 6 Metro openings and 3 1900.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: executive gear swinger

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
FWIW, the last company bid had 6 Metro openings and 3 1900.
how often are the bids released for aircraft openings? Whats the movement like on the BRO? Just curious
Old 10-12-2016, 01:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Motoxer66 View Post
how often are the bids released for aircraft openings? Whats the movement like on the BRO? Just curious
When there are openings.

What do you mean by "movement on the Bro"? Again, it depends on when there are openings. Don't expect to come in as a Bro FO and move direct to the left seat. When you get to Part 135 mins (1200 TT) you will probably go to left seat of a BE99 then left seat of a BE1900 or SA227 then to the left seat of the Bro.