Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 02-26-2018, 08:55 AM
  #4311  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 657
Default

Originally Posted by aiqs
when will the Clases start of EMB 120?

am just waiting that Kacie Call me again, but i would like to start reading about also i dont know if AMF will sent me to ACP due to my TT827.
Unless your plan is just to come here to get to 1500 as an FO to go to the regionals, you would be better off going the ACP route. In the E120 we try to keep the FOs in the plane for about a year. Which is why we look for pilots at around the 600 hour range. At a little over 800, you would be better as an ACP FO, building time in the BE99 until you get over 1000. Then you could become a restricted captain, still in the 99 and transition to unrestricted at 1200.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 02-26-2018, 09:01 AM
  #4312  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 318
Default

Originally Posted by aiqs
when will the Clases start of EMB 120?

am just waiting that Kacie Call me again, but i would like to start reading about also i dont know if AMF will sent me to ACP due to my TT827.
Hi, there!

We are taking EMB120 First Officers in our April class - we have openings on our careers site now.
If you are at 827 TT, you'll likely be up for our ACP positions. That will get you to Captain quicker, as well. It comes with a training contract.

Hope that helps!
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 02-26-2018, 09:31 AM
  #4313  
Line Holder
 
dash3t's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: Cancer Treatment
Posts: 47
Default

Originally Posted by FreightDogs
Hi, there!

Yes, the $20,000 Metro bonus is still a thing. It also applies for BE1900 Captains, as well.

The salary is the same for Home-Based Captains. For Metro Captains, first year salary is $57,000 (does not include bonuses, per diem, etc.)

If your Multi-Engine is at 34 hours, you unfortunately wouldn't come in as a Metro. With your other hours being so high, we could likely get you that Home-Based position as a 99 and transition you to the Metro when you get 200 more hours of Multi.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Freightdogs!

Ok couple more questions then. About how long do you think the upgrade to the 1900\metro would be and if you upgrade within the first year (if that's even a possibility), which bonus structure would apply at the 12\18 month point.

Edit: Also, what is the minimum ME time I would need (considering my other experience) to be direct hire for the Metro\1900.

Again, thanks for the time.

Last edited by dash3t; 02-26-2018 at 09:58 AM.
dash3t is offline  
Old 02-26-2018, 02:15 PM
  #4314  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by FreightDogs
It comes with a training contract.
Are there currently training contracts for new hires at AMF? I heard from a recruiter that there were no contracts (outside of the time builder positions for pilots with 500-800 hrs.) but I've also heard that the new pilot employee guide that came out this winter includes some wording about "training commitments" for all pilots. That sounds like a financial obligation to me, aka- training contracts. Was the recruiter incorrect or did something change in the last few months?
Biggbird is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 07:12 AM
  #4315  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 318
Default

Originally Posted by dash3t
Thanks Freightdogs!

Ok couple more questions then. About how long do you think the upgrade to the 1900\metro would be and if you upgrade within the first year (if that's even a possibility), which bonus structure would apply at the 12\18 month point.

Edit: Also, what is the minimum ME time I would need (considering my other experience) to be direct hire for the Metro\1900.

Again, thanks for the time.
If you were to come in as a BE99 Captain at the hours you have currently, it would take 4-6 months for you to transition to the BE1900 or Metro. (That's the amount of time it would take for you to gain the multi needed and get into a 1900/Metro class.)
If you came in as a BE99 Captain, you would not be eligible for the 1900/Metro bonuses. You would still get the 20% Turbine bonuses for the 1900/Metro and all other applicable bonuses (like Peak to Peak).

You would be considered for a Direct-Entry 1900 or Metro Captain position with as little as 150ME.

Hope that helps!
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 07:35 AM
  #4316  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 318
Default

Originally Posted by Biggbird
Are there currently training contracts for new hires at AMF? I heard from a recruiter that there were no contracts (outside of the time builder positions for pilots with 500-800 hrs.) but I've also heard that the new pilot employee guide that came out this winter includes some wording about "training commitments" for all pilots. That sounds like a financial obligation to me, aka- training contracts. Was the recruiter incorrect or did something change in the last few months?
I'll try to clear this up!

We have training contracts for one position. The Accelerated Captain Program First Officers (ACP FOs).
The reason we have training contracts for them is because we don't actually need that position (FOs in our BE99s). We are helping those pilots out by giving them a position where they can earn hours quicker, so we have a training contract that requires them to fly with us for a certain amount of flight hours. If they leave early, they have to pay back money depending on how many hours they haven't accumulated with us.

Hope that makes sense!
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 02-27-2018, 09:05 PM
  #4317  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Flyinlynn's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI
Posts: 271
Default

It looks like there is a BFI BE99 captain opening on the AMF web site. Any idea when training for that might start?

I need to get 23 hours more night flight and have other commitments until late April. I hope that position or other at BFI would be available then. Any information about BFI?

1560 TT
50 multi
77 night
146 hood/actual instrument

Thanks
Flyinlynn is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 07:14 AM
  #4318  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 657
Default

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn
It looks like there is a BFI BE99 captain opening on the AMF web site. Any idea when training for that might start?

I need to get 23 hours more night flight and have other commitments until late April. I hope that position or other at BFI would be available then. Any information about BFI?

1560 TT
50 multi
77 night
146 hood/actual instrument

Thanks
We have an Indoc class every month, starting the first Monday of the month. The BE99 classes start the third Monday. If you have commitments you need to do (as well as getting the last several night hours) it sounds like you could come to the May class. I would talk with recruiting now to start lining it up.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 06:25 PM
  #4319  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by FreightDogs
Hi, there!

We are taking EMB120 First Officers in our April class - we have openings on our careers site now.
If you are at 827 TT, you'll likely be up for our ACP positions. That will get you to Captain quicker, as well. It comes with a training contract.

Hope that helps!
excellent, i could be more near to the 900hrs for the April class unless i need to sing For the ACP and leave my actual job sooner that i am expecting. but i haven't hear any more since the telephone interview with kacie on Feb, 13th. . . should i try to contact her via a call cuz i really want to be part AMF but i would not be without any info .
aiqs is offline  
Old 02-28-2018, 09:19 PM
  #4320  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Flyinlynn's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI
Posts: 271
Default

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr
We have an Indoc class every month, starting the first Monday of the month. The BE99 classes start the third Monday. If you have commitments you need to do (as well as getting the last several night hours) it sounds like you could come to the May class. I would talk with recruiting now to start lining it up.
Ok thanks

I assume I should apply to the KBFI position. Or is there a person I should contact? I spoke to Sarah H back in December if she is still around I have her contact information.
Flyinlynn is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Mrsmith42e
Cargo
22
01-22-2021 08:14 AM
waflyboy
Cargo
3
05-10-2020 02:48 PM
chazbird
Part 135
10
07-01-2007 03:47 PM
beech_nut
Cargo
0
01-28-2006 11:55 AM
Freight Dog
Cargo
0
11-17-2005 09:27 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices