Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 05-06-2020, 05:24 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Default Florida

Any idea what’s going on with the openings posted for EYW and/or MIA.? They’ve been posted several times on the orange site and I applied through there and AMF’s portal.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by 305n242 View Post
Any idea what’s going on with the openings posted for EYW and/or MIA.? They’ve been posted several times on the orange site and I applied through there and AMF’s portal.
We have had a few folks hired for these positions that didn't make it through training. We are also looking to increase the number of runs out of the MIA base. So keep trying.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:15 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by RedBull View Post
Any idea on when they will need more BE-99 captains? Also I was wondering how likely it is to get PR as a first base.
Late summer likely. Currently, all our BE99 Captain positions are filled.
We have a lot of new applicants, but if you haven't applied yet, please do. That'll at least get your application in front of the recruiters. They go through applications they already have before posting the position externally.
And keep an eye out at www.ameriflight.com/careers for openings. Things change often as we grow and our pilots transition to larger aircraft.

As for PR, you'd have a good chance of getting it. We have a handful of BE99 routes there and lots of opportunity for movement. Don't worry, you'll agree upon your location before signing your offer letter - no surprise moves!
Old 05-07-2020, 07:19 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by 305n242 View Post
One opening at the moment for MIA, SA227 Captain.
If still interested, please PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:34 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019

How do you have “movement” if nobody is hiring?

oh
Old 05-07-2020, 08:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by As Briefed View Post
How do you have “movement” if nobody is hiring?

oh
New runs. Filling existing holes.
Old 05-10-2020, 02:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain

Originally Posted by Aldo Raine View Post
Can someone at Ameriflight explain a “typical” day? I understand that usually means being out early, making your stops, eventually ending up at an outstation for quite a while until returning in the evening, Sounds nice if you are sleeping in your own bed at home most nights.

What are you doing all that time at the outstation? Are you at a hotel, are you sitting around at the airport?

If it’s a hotel, what kind of places do they put you up in? Close to amenities, food, time to work out?

Curious how most pilots spend their time at work during the day when not flying.

Thanks.
Timing will depend on base/run/type, but you typically get a hotel and transportation. Hotels are all decent, pool and/or exercise room. Earn points at most. I usually catnap and read but younger guys may find more to do with time. Some locations adjacent to parks, libraries, etc.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:42 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2018

I'm looking at coming to Ameriflight as an fo this fall (assuming they're even hiring then) and was wondering how much flexibility there was in fo flight minimums. I fly aerial survey in a piston twin and exceed the listed requirements except for night and instrument. I've got 24 night and a little over 50 instrument. I can get that last night hour easily enough, but it's going to be very difficult for me to grab another 25 hours instrument. Is there any chance that some wiggle room can be granted or do I need to figure out something on my own?
Old 05-15-2020, 09:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Late summer likely. Currently, all our BE99 Captain positions are filled.
We have a lot of new applicants, but if you haven't applied yet, please do. That'll at least get your application in front of the recruiters. They go through applications they already have before posting the position externally.
And keep an eye out at www.ameriflight.com/careers for openings. Things change often as we grow and our pilots transition to larger aircraft.

As for PR, you'd have a good chance of getting it. We have a handful of BE99 routes there and lots of opportunity for movement. Don't worry, you'll agree upon your location before signing your offer letter - no surprise moves!
I threw in an app for the SA227 despite not meeting the mins because of that "would you be interested in other positions" question at the beginning. Any idea what flexibility might be available for my qualifications?
~1700TT
A little over 800 PIC and the same for SIC
Everything else met.
ERJ170 type, CE-560XL and CE-500 SIC types
Old 05-16-2020, 11:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

1700TT

You only flew 200 hours at a regional?

A little over 800 PIC and the same for SIC ERJ170 type, CE-560XL and CE-500 SIC

You had an excel type and ce 500 type that covers 7 airframes with only 700tt? wow...