Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 07-20-2020, 09:44 PM
  #5341  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 71
Default FO program/Program for low pilot to 135 PIC

Good evening everyone,

Wondering what the possible chance of an opening for FO program on the 135 looking like in the near future? Additionally, does Ameriflight still offer the program that would take a person I believe around 800 total time to IFR 135 PIC min, still around or have they discontinue due to the amount of people that have been furlough and looking to get job in the 135 ops?

Is there a way I could get my resume sent to the recruiter at the Ameriflight online jobs website or would it be good idea for me to stop by the base ops at PDX to chat with the station manager about pilot opportunity and drop the resume there?

Thanks for your tips.
Gapilot is offline  
Old 07-21-2020, 01:21 PM
  #5342  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 318
Default

Originally Posted by Gapilot View Post
Good evening everyone,

Wondering what the possible chance of an opening for FO program on the 135 looking like in the near future? Additionally, does Ameriflight still offer the program that would take a person I believe around 800 total time to IFR 135 PIC min, still around or have they discontinue due to the amount of people that have been furlough and looking to get job in the 135 ops?

Is there a way I could get my resume sent to the recruiter at the Ameriflight online jobs website or would it be good idea for me to stop by the base ops at PDX to chat with the station manager about pilot opportunity and drop the resume there?

Thanks for your tips.
There are a lot of candidates in the pipeline for First Officer positions. It's still possible to get hired as a First Officer, but we are hiring on a limited basis as our current FOs upgrade to Captain. Two new FOs started with us last Monday.
With the abundance of qualified Captain candidates, we're not hiring for the Accelerated Captain Program. We had been slowing that down before all of this and now even more so.

Absolutely! You can send your resume to [email protected] - that'll get to all of our pilot recruiters. Or you can email our Lead Pilot Recruiter directly.
Zeke Zietak, Lead Pilot Recruiter
Email - [email protected]
Phone - 818-823-5448
Prefers texts or calls.

I would not advise stopping by a base. All AMF facilities are closed to visitors until further notice as a COVID precaution. Additionally, the base managers are not involved in the hiring of pilots. They would hopefully get your resume to our recruiters, but better to send it directly.

Hope that helps!
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 07-22-2020, 10:44 PM
  #5343  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 71
Default

Freightdogs thanks for your quick response on my questions. It make sense that the locations would rather people not show up especially during this time we are in currently. It better to keep everyone safe then run the risk of someone coming in and potential causing a risk to the pilots getting sick.

I will pass my resume to them and hope for a chance for the PDX location FO to open up soon. I would rather stay here in the northwest if it is possible so that I could continue to help my community with the Civil Air Patrol but do understand that the needs of the business comes first, so I would take any opportunity that comes along especially if I am qualified for the job.

Thanks again for answering my questions again.
Gapilot is offline  
Old 08-18-2020, 10:34 AM
  #5344  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Aug 2020
Posts: 2
Default Ameriflight job in San Antonio

Hi,

This is my first post here. The regional airline I have been working at for many years as a captain on the Embraer 145 is closing its doors. I live in San Antonio and would love to work for Ameriflight. I am not furloughed and would not see Ameriflight as a temporary solution. I would be in it for the long haul. I see specific job links on the Ameriflight web site but no links to send my resume and cover letter for general review. Is there an email address I should use for this purpose ?
Thanks in advance.
Air Bear is offline  
Old 08-20-2020, 09:50 AM
  #5345  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Aug 2020
Posts: 2
Default Ameriflight job in San Antonio

I am currently a captain flying the EMB-145 at a regional airline that will be ceasing operations very soon. I am very interested in transitioning to the cargo world. Is there a link or email address that I can send my resume to or do I have to apply on the Ameriflight careers page to a specific job link that is posted? Right now there is only one position open in El Paso. I would like to get my resume 'on file' for consideration.

Thanks,

Air Bear
Air Bear is offline  
Old 08-21-2020, 11:04 PM
  #5346  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 280
Default

Originally Posted by Air Bear View Post
Hi,

This is my first post here. The regional airline I have been working at for many years as a captain on the Embraer 145 is closing its doors. I live in San Antonio and would love to work for Ameriflight. I am not furloughed and would not see Ameriflight as a temporary solution. I would be in it for the long haul. I see specific job links on the Ameriflight web site but no links to send my resume and cover letter for general review. Is there an email address I should use for this purpose ?
Thanks in advance.
in it for the long haul? The only people that are in it for the long haul at Ameriflight have skeletons in their closet that keep them from leaving. Good luck on applying, but don’t stop updating that logbook while your flying that clapped out BE-99 with 3 MELs and an autopilot that is intermittent but nobody wants to write it up because having it half the time is better than not having it at all.
Hawaii808 is offline  
Old 08-22-2020, 01:50 AM
  #5347  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: single-pilot multi turbine captain
Posts: 240
Default

That's not my experience at all over three years, though I hired directly into the 1900 and never flew the 99. Doing so right now for SAT seems unlikely though.

Yep, the airplanes are old and complicated but honest effort is made. I jumpseated on all the major carriers for about 20 years and there were plenty of orange stickers on the panels.

Call the main office and speak to recruting.
Continuingappch is offline  
Old 08-22-2020, 06:16 AM
  #5348  
XOJET Citation X
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DO, Baker Aviation, Citation X
Posts: 319
Default Check your PM

Sent you a private message..check APF inbox
chase is offline  
Old 08-22-2020, 07:20 AM
  #5349  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2020
Posts: 119
Default

"I would be in it for the long haul"

LOL. Im used to dating super models but I'm going to start dating a 300 pound whale because she has a great personality I'm in in it for the long haul! Someone saying they don't want to get on with the big 3 is like saying they choose to have cancer. Stop fooling yourself. Have a friend that went to a respectable corporate outfit and tried to go back to ameriflight and got the TBNT email. Sounds like these minimum wage jobs that say we want someone with 2 years experience. I'm a 300 pound fat chick and i have 2 kids from 3 different dads and I'm independent don't need no man fish bicycle and here are my requirements he better. page 1.......this that this that this that. page 2. GMAFB.
neverposts is offline  
Old 08-22-2020, 08:39 AM
  #5350  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFLYR's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'
Posts: 13,835
Default

Originally Posted by neverposts View Post
"I would be in it for the long haul"

LOL. Im used to dating super models but I'm going to start dating a 300 pound whale because she has a great personality I'm in in it for the long haul! Someone saying they don't want to get on with the big 3 is like saying they choose to have cancer. Stop fooling yourself. Have a friend that went to a respectable corporate outfit and tried to go back to ameriflight and got the TBNT email. Sounds like these minimum wage jobs that say we want someone with 2 years experience. I'm a 300 pound fat chick and i have 2 kids from 3 different dads and I'm independent don't need no man fish bicycle and here are my requirements he better. page 1.......this that this that this that. page 2. GMAFB.
So...you actually think every pilot wants to get on with the “big three”
Which ones are the “big three” now btw?
USMCFLYR is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Mrsmith42e
Cargo
22
01-22-2021 09:14 AM
waflyboy
Cargo
3
05-10-2020 03:48 PM
chazbird
Part 135
10
07-01-2007 04:47 PM
beech_nut
Cargo
0
01-28-2006 12:55 PM
Freight Dog
Cargo
0
11-17-2005 10:27 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices