Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List
VASBYT

Old 04-14-2021, 11:39 AM   #5441  
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2021
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meep View Post
Go to the regional......unless you spend a really long time flying 135 freight, youíre still going to spend time at the regionals.
What if oneís goal is go to UPS?
Old 04-14-2021, 12:28 PM   #5442  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFFH View Post
What if oneís goal is go to UPS?
Good luck, if youíre not an intern theyíve cut down on the people thatíll interview with UPS. And if you are an intern or are in the program you will be delayed as much as possible by Ameriflight. One of the reasons I got out of there. Theyíll delay your ATP which you need for the flow, delay training events, delay upgrades, delay or refuse training captain (which you need now basically to go to ups at all unless you were in the program prior to last year). Itís doable but itís not what it used to be and expect frustration and delays as much as Ameriflight can give you. And youíll need a perfect record as well so you better be good at single pilot IFR under pressure and fatigue for at least 4 years or more.

Last edited by Freightpilot299; 04-14-2021 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:45 AM   #5443  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freightpilot299 View Post
Good luck, if youíre not an intern theyíve cut down on the people thatíll interview with UPS. And if you are an intern or are in the program you will be delayed as much as possible by Ameriflight. One of the reasons I got out of there. Theyíll delay your ATP which you need for the flow, delay training events, delay upgrades, delay or refuse training captain (which you need now basically to go to ups at all unless you were in the program prior to last year). Itís doable but itís not what it used to be and expect frustration and delays as much as Ameriflight can give you. And youíll need a perfect record as well so you better be good at single pilot IFR under pressure and fatigue for at least 4 years or more.
Ah, the glamour of being a freight dawg.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:15 PM   #5444  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default FO on the EMB 120

Curious if there any current pilot that works the PDX base or know of possible information. I put in for an FO position for the MT location but was asked about the GEG location. They asked if I was willing to relocate, which I was honest that it not possible but I could do a travel to the GEG because I live near PDX.

the lady suggested I apply for the PDX position in the future. So I am wondering if they are planning to open a spot for the FO there soon? I am hoping to get the opportunity to be hired with Ameriflight. I had two pilots that worked/are currently working for them and have said it the best experience they have so far.

thanks for any info. If you need to you can message me if you donít want to message on the board. Thanks again.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:17 AM   #5445  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

What plane flies out of SAT?
Old 04-22-2021, 11:47 AM   #5446  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
What plane flies out of SAT?
We have BE1900s and one SA227 that regularly operate through SAT. All runs are "outstation" based, operating Monday night through Friday morning (for the SA227) or Saturday morning (for the three BE1900s; MAF, CRP & DRT).
Old 04-22-2021, 04:00 PM   #5447  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
We have BE1900s and one SA227 that regularly operate through SAT. All runs are "outstation" based, operating Monday night through Friday morning (for the SA227) or Saturday morning (for the three BE1900s; MAF, CRP & DRT).
Thank you!
Old 04-30-2021, 04:56 AM   #5448  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Absolutely. We have 4 in training from the March Indoc class and 5 slated in the April class. Contact recruiting and get your stuff in.
What is the contact for recruiting? I haven't seen any Be99 openings posted on their webpage.

Any idea what bases were awarded to the above classes?
Old 05-01-2021, 11:50 AM   #5449  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
What is the contact for recruiting? I haven't seen any Be99 openings posted on their webpage. . . .
Here's a link for their "contact us"...
https://w3.ameriflight.com/contact-us/

Also the direct email that was posted on here a few pages back...
[email protected]

Good Luck