Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2019, 02:41 PM   #4941  
New Hire
 
ComingInHot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Default EMB 120 FO position @ONT

Hi everyone,


new member here, have been reading for a while for a while though.

Truly interested in flying for Ameriflight, seems like a great company with some fun flying!

Finally I have enough hours to qualify for a FO position at Ameriflight. Currently I am a CFI/ CFII at 550h TT, living in San Diego.

I do have some questions and I would appreciate if some of you could give me some answers: (of course the only position I would qualify for is the EMB 120 FO position)

-
  • How likely is it to get ONT right away currently?
  • Could I continue living in San Diego if I get ONT or is that too far away? (I know that you have to live within 1.5 hours of your base)
  • Realistically how many hours per month does a FO get out of ONT?
  • Do the hours as a FO on the EMB 120 count towards your ATP?
  • How long is a work day usually/ when does it start & end? (If I understand correctly its Monday through Friday, so I would be home every evening)
  • Is there a training contract for the captain positions on the BE99 once I have enough hours to upgrade?

Thank you for any insight you may have
ComingInHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:50 PM   #4942  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
Do you guys operate the 1900D also? Found this link interesting. Havenít really noticed 1900D in a while. I see the 1900C in a cargo config a lot. Looks like they made a lot more of D models. Thoughts?


https://www.alpine-air.com/superfreighter
If you read the website...it has an interesting piece of info on modifications that the "D" REQUIRED,, unlike the "b" and "c".

EMERGENCY EXIT DOOR REMOVAL​​​​

- NEW PILOT EMERGENCY EXIT DOOR

I am guessing the extra $$ to convert them, the much higher fuel burn than the B/C killed the program for most operators.
ZippyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #4943  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TeamSasquatch's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyNH View Post
If you read the website...it has an interesting piece of info on modifications that the "D" REQUIRED,, unlike the "b" and "c".

EMERGENCY EXIT DOOR REMOVAL​​​​

- NEW PILOT EMERGENCY EXIT DOOR

I am guessing the extra $$ to convert them, the much higher fuel burn than the B/C killed the program for most operators.
Sounds like a big project to get the STC (based on the text box they have on the website). Iíd guess the volume of the 1900D would help to recoupe some of the cost. Probably would need to acquire and convert a good number to make it pan out.
TeamSasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:28 AM   #4944  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Hi everyone,


new member here, have been reading for a while for a while though.

Truly interested in flying for Ameriflight, seems like a great company with some fun flying!

Finally I have enough hours to qualify for a FO position at Ameriflight. Currently I am a CFI/ CFII at 550h TT, living in San Diego.

I do have some questions and I would appreciate if some of you could give me some answers: (of course the only position I would qualify for is the EMB 120 FO position)

-
  • How likely is it to get ONT right away currently?
  • Could I continue living in San Diego if I get ONT or is that too far away? (I know that you have to live within 1.5 hours of your base)
  • Realistically how many hours per month does a FO get out of ONT?
  • Do the hours as a FO on the EMB 120 count towards your ATP?
  • How long is a work day usually/ when does it start & end? (If I understand correctly its Monday through Friday, so I would be home every evening)
  • Is there a training contract for the captain positions on the BE99 once I have enough hours to upgrade?

Thank you for any insight you may have
A bit of info for ya... "freightdogs" can provide much more specific info... hopefully he will chime in. Most of the info I give you and MUCH more is in the preceding pages....
As I understand it, no training contract for the EMB-120 copilot, and if I recall right, they are assigned as "system" pilots as opposed to a bid location...so are sent where needed for assignments as the open up... honestly not bad, since you won't get stuck on a short, low time run...and more variety of locations to help you learn.
Once you get the time to upgrade, the length of the contract (if there is one) will depend upon your flight time...if you start below 135 minimums, there will be one...on a bit if a sliding scale depending on the amount of time you need to ride along to qualify as PIC.
I won't speak of the ONT situation...I have dropped in and flown through there for a few weeks at a time, but honestly, most locations are places you are going to want to live pretty close due to limited time spent there at night...think they MIGHT rotate routes with a "out and back" that doesn't have to wait the typically PM return.
ZippyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:06 AM   #4945  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Hi everyone,


new member here, have been reading for a while for a while though.

Truly interested in flying for Ameriflight, seems like a great company with some fun flying!

Finally I have enough hours to qualify for a FO position at Ameriflight. Currently I am a CFI/ CFII at 550h TT, living in San Diego.

I do have some questions and I would appreciate if some of you could give me some answers: (of course the only position I would qualify for is the EMB 120 FO position)

-
  • How likely is it to get ONT right away currently?
  • Could I continue living in San Diego if I get ONT or is that too far away? (I know that you have to live within 1.5 hours of your base)
  • Realistically how many hours per month does a FO get out of ONT?
  • Do the hours as a FO on the EMB 120 count towards your ATP?
  • How long is a work day usually/ when does it start & end? (If I understand correctly its Monday through Friday, so I would be home every evening)
  • Is there a training contract for the captain positions on the BE99 once I have enough hours to upgrade?

Thank you for any insight you may have
Hopefully, I can answer some of these questions for you:
1. For EMB120 First Officer positions, you choose/agree upon the base before you even sign the offer letter. So you can put your app in and wait for ONT to open, if you'd like. This position (EMB120 FO) is one where you have to live near the base and fly out of that base until you transition/upgrade.
2. We wouldn't advise it. I believe it's a two-drive and you'd have to make that twice a day (to and from), five days a week.
3. For the EMB120 ONT route, you'd get 30 flight hours per month.
4. Yes, the hours as an EMB120 First Officer count toward your ATP.
5. For the ONT route, I have it at 0730 to 1800, Monday through Friday.
6. There is not a training contract for BE99 Captains. Or any position other than the ACP FOs.

Obviously, 30 flight hours per month is a bit low. To ease that, we are giving the option to switch to the Accelerated Captain Program when you reach those mins - 750 TT. So at 500 TT, you could become an EMB120 FO and if it's a low time route, you could switch to an ACP FO at 750 TT (so after about 8 months). As an ACP FO, you'd live wherever you'd like and we'd fly you to your assignment anywhere in our system (high timed routes to get you to Captain mins asap). At 1,000 TT, you'd become a restricted BE99 Captain and at 1,200 TT, you'd become an unrestricted, regular BE99 Captain. At that point, you'd have to pick a base again. That would be your base for at least six months wherein you could bid another location, if you'd like.

Hope that helps!
FreightDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:48 AM   #4946  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Hi everyone,


new member here, have been reading for a while for a while though.

Truly interested in flying for Ameriflight, seems like a great company with some fun flying!

Finally I have enough hours to qualify for a FO position at Ameriflight. Currently I am a CFI/ CFII at 550h TT, living in San Diego.

I do have some questions and I would appreciate if some of you could give me some answers: (of course the only position I would qualify for is the EMB 120 FO position)

-
  • How likely is it to get ONT right away currently?
  • Could I continue living in San Diego if I get ONT or is that too far away? (I know that you have to live within 1.5 hours of your base)
  • Realistically how many hours per month does a FO get out of ONT?
  • Do the hours as a FO on the EMB 120 count towards your ATP?
  • How long is a work day usually/ when does it start & end? (If I understand correctly its Monday through Friday, so I would be home every evening)
  • Is there a training contract for the captain positions on the BE99 once I have enough hours to upgrade?
Thank you for any insight you may have
The FO hours in the E120 do count toward your ATP as the aircraft certification makes it a required crew member position. If you switch to the ACP program, the right seat hours you acquire there would not count toward your ATP hours. So there is a trade off. If you are planning to stay and acquire PIC time or go through one of our Gateway programs, it wouldn't matter much. But if you are thinking of going 121 as soon as you hit 1500, then staying in the E120 might be your better plan.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:17 PM   #4947  
New Hire
 
ComingInHot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Default

Thank you guys for all your replies, I appreciate the Insight!

Few more questions:


How long does it usually take to get the hours in the ACP program and upgrade to captain?

If I understand correctly I could live in San Diego in the ACP program?

How likely is it to get San Diego as a BE99 captain after finishing the ACP program?

How many hours per month does a BE99 captain get out of KSAN?

Is commuting possible at all in case I would not get KSAN right away and would have to wait another 6 month to choose again?

Could I come in as a restricted captain on the BE99 at a 1000h or do you only hire them as unrestricted captains at 1200h?

How long is the training contract for the ACP program? Does the time starts counting when you start as a FO or when you're upgrading to captain?

How much is the buy out amount if you wanted to leave the contract early?


Sorry for all the questions and again thank you for answering them in depth!

Cheers

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
ComingInHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:13 PM   #4948  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 5
Default SA-227 Burbank

Iíve tried to find the answer to this question within this thread, but Iíve had no luck.

Is the 2500TT for the Metro a hard minimum? Iím already flying the BE-99 and will be near 2000TT by the end of this year. I already work for a company owned by AMF and am considering moving to AMF.
talon38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:38 PM   #4949  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComingInHot View Post
Thank you guys for all your replies, I appreciate the Insight!

Few more questions:


How long does it usually take to get the hours in the ACP program and upgrade to captain?

If I understand correctly I could live in San Diego in the ACP program?

How likely is it to get San Diego as a BE99 captain after finishing the ACP program?

How many hours per month does a BE99 captain get out of KSAN?

Is commuting possible at all in case I would not get KSAN right away and would have to wait another 6 month to choose again?

Could I come in as a restricted captain on the BE99 at a 1000h or do you only hire them as unrestricted captains at 1200h?

How long is the training contract for the ACP program? Does the time starts counting when you start as a FO or when you're upgrading to captain?

How much is the buy out amount if you wanted to leave the contract early?


Sorry for all the questions and again thank you for answering them in depth!

Cheers

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
From reading your posts, it sounds like you just want to use ameriflight to get to atp mins and bail. "Thanks for the training, I'm out regional airlines here I come."
b3181981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:43 PM   #4950  
New Hire
 
ComingInHot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3181981 View Post
From reading your posts, it sounds like you just want to use ameriflight to get to atp mins and bail. "Thanks for the training, I'm out regional airlines here I come."
Honestly I just want to keep all my options open and know what to expect ahead of time before getting locked in.
Sorry if it came off rude, like I said I do think ameriflight is a great company and I have heard many good things!

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
ComingInHot is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ameriflight Travel Benefits question. Mrsmith42e Cargo 17 05-30-2010 07:12 PM
Ameriflight - Upgrade to t-prop? waflyboy Cargo 1 01-02-2008 02:05 AM
Ameriflight OAK runs? chazbird Part 135 10 07-01-2007 03:47 PM
Ameriflight Questions beech_nut Cargo 0 01-28-2006 11:55 AM
Ameriflight added to APC Freight Dog Cargo 0 11-17-2005 09:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:48 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1