Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2019, 05:20 PM   #4981  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Default FO possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
AMF doesn't prohibit "commuting" via jumpseat, but it is discouraged. At the flight time level you describe, you would be assigned to an E120 base. Our E120 runs operate Monday PM to Saturday AM or Monday AM to Friday PM. Neither of these allows much time to jump seat home. And if you don't make it back for your duty assignment, you would be subject to disciplinary action. Unlike some passenger airlines, we don't have a policy where if you have a given number of backup options available and all of them get cancelled then you would be excused.

Sorry if that puts a damper on your plans.
frmrbuffdrvr

Thanks.
I'm still going to try to keep an open mind about this. I really don't want to go the airline route; I would rather go cargo.

I looked at the AMF site and the schedules for each base, but they didn't have STL listed at all; are there EMB120s based in STL? That's about 5 hours away... about the same distance as DFW.

Kinda looks like the best time builder base is SJU; does that sound correct?
Mellokeith is offline  
Old 05-24-2019, 08:51 PM   #4982  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellokeith View Post
frmrbuffdrvr

Thanks.
I'm still going to try to keep an open mind about this. I really don't want to go the airline route; I would rather go cargo.

I looked at the AMF site and the schedules for each base, but they didn't have STL listed at all; are there EMB120s based in STL? That's about 5 hours away... about the same distance as DFW.

Kinda looks like the best time builder base is SJU; does that sound correct?
The St Louis base actually is located at SUS. And there are only SA227s based there, no E120s.

SJU (specifically BQN for the E120) is definitely the best time building base. The flights get around 4 hours per day, 20 hours per week.

The bases with E120s are BFI (soon to be GEG), PDX, ONT, PHX and BQN.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 05-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #4983  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Default FO possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
The St Louis base actually is located at SUS. And there are only SA227s based there, no E120s.

SJU (specifically BQN for the E120) is definitely the best time building base. The flights get around 4 hours per day, 20 hours per week.

The bases with E120s are BFI (soon to be GEG), PDX, ONT, PHX and BQN.
frmrbuffdrvr

Do many FOs request the BQN base?
Thanks for your help.
Mellokeith is offline  
Old 05-27-2019, 10:16 AM   #4984  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellokeith View Post
frmrbuffdrvr

Do many FOs request the BQN base?
Thanks for your help.
I don't know how many request it specifically. That would be a question for recruiting. I know we have an FO starting aircraft specific training tomorrow to go there. There are two runs and we generally try to keep 3 FOs in the base to cover to sick calls and time off requests.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 06-04-2019, 12:59 PM   #4985  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah6SD View Post
@FreightDogs,

Is Kacie still working with Ameriflight as your FO recruiter or is there someone else I can reach out to (I looked her up on LinkedIn and it appears she left the company)? I know AMF isn't currently advertising any FO positions but I'm interesting in sending off my resume in case a slot opens in SLC in the future. Any assistance you can provide on the current recruiter for FO's would be greatly appreciated! A few quick notes on me:

- Began flying 15 years ago as Private Pilot
- Meet all hiring minimums for EMB 120 FO
- Currently employed as CFI, CFII, and MEI
- 8 Year's active duty military followed by three years as corporate safety/security manager. Vast experience with SMS/Risk Management

- T
Hi, T!

We don't have any First Officer positions open on our website at the moment, but we'd still love to receive your resume. We hire First Officers about every two or so months as our current FOs upgrade to Captain.
We also have ACP FOs at 750-800 TT.
Here's the best place to send it: [email protected] That will get you to all of our Pilot Recruiters. Be sure to send a resume (with updated flight times), as well as location preference and availability, and hire month availability.

Hope that helps!
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 06-29-2019, 10:34 AM   #4986  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
The St Louis base actually is located at SUS. And there are only SA227s based there, no E120s.

SJU (specifically BQN for the E120) is definitely the best time building base. The flights get around 4 hours per day, 20 hours per week.

The bases with E120s are BFI (soon to be GEG), PDX, ONT, PHX and BQN.
Update; The SUS base officially closed on 6/22. Unfortunately we were outbid for the only customer we had at that base.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 02:38 PM   #4987  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2019
Posts: 4
Default SDF

Do many FO positions become available in Louisville?
Ewokin is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 03:07 PM   #4988  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 290
Default ACP First Officer position open

Ameriflight is looking for 4 ACP First Officers - August training class.

Here's the link if you're interested: First Officer Accelerated Captain Program - Careers At Ameriflight, LLC

You'd start as a First Officer in our BE1900 or SA227 aircraft. Fly right seat until you reach 1,000 TT. At 1,000-1,100 TT, you'd operate as a restricted Captain until you reach full Captain mins (1,200 TT).
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #4989  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewokin View Post
Do many FO positions become available in Louisville?
Hi, there!

We don't have our regular FO positions available there often, as we don't fly EMB120 from that base.
However, we are currently hiring for our ACP First Officer positions. For those, you can live anywhere and Ameriflight will cover your transportation and lodging when we send you on assignment.
See above for link to apply to one of those positions.

Hope that helps!
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 07:13 PM   #4990  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jul 2019
Posts: 4
Default ACP Contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

We don't have our regular FO positions available there often, as we don't fly EMB120 from that base.
However, we are currently hiring for our ACP First Officer positions. For those, you can live anywhere and Ameriflight will cover your transportation and lodging when we send you on assignment.
See above for link to apply to one of those positions.

Hope that helps!


Thanks so much for that. What does the ACP contract entail?
Ewokin is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ameriflight Travel Benefits question. Mrsmith42e Cargo 17 05-30-2010 08:12 PM
Ameriflight - Upgrade to t-prop? waflyboy Cargo 1 01-02-2008 03:05 AM
Ameriflight OAK runs? chazbird Part 135 10 07-01-2007 04:47 PM
Ameriflight Questions beech_nut Cargo 0 01-28-2006 12:55 PM
Ameriflight added to APC Freight Dog Cargo 0 11-17-2005 10:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:22 PM.