Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 04-18-2019, 11:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by BravoPapa View Post
Agreed. I was just talking about it as a stepping stone. A pilot should honor any commitment that they make.
+1
A few will find the lifestyle and work interesting enough and stay a bit longer...or in my case, leave, do corporate for a few thousand hours, then return. Cargo is kinda odd...I still bump into people from when I started in '99 that swore they would move on, that still fly it...some have moved on to bigger planes, some, happily, have stayed small.
Flying cargo can be interesting, and one thing honestly great about it is the people. Lots of different personalities...it's not like when you sit at an FBO, or sit in a hotel bar, and can guess who somebody works for because they have a specific personality type.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch View Post
Sounds like a big project to get the STC (based on the text box they have on the website). I’d guess the volume of the 1900D would help to recoupe some of the cost. Probably would need to acquire and convert a good number to make it pan out.
I seem to remember asking once way back when I worked at Ameriflight about the D models, and the answer was that the performance was worse out of many airports, due to the 1900C being an SFAR 41C airplane, versus the 1900D being Part 23 Commuter Category.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver View Post
I seem to remember asking once way back when I worked at Ameriflight about the D models, and the answer was that the performance was worse out of many airports, due to the 1900C being an SFAR 41C airplane, versus the 1900D being Part 23 Commuter Category.
Interesting, thanks. Seems like the part 23 is the reason they STC’d the escape hatch into the cockpit. I’d guess the large fuesalage has a speed penalty, but it looks like it could nearly replace 2 metros.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:23 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by BravoPapa View Post
Agreed. I was just talking about it as a stepping stone. A pilot should honor any commitment that they make.
their commitment is the contract or buy out... either is fine... what's not fine is leaving without buy out.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Seems a bit difficult to figure out or maybe it’s just not possible, but what are the options for a someone who wants to come onboard at AMF, but lives in South Florida? Seems like you’d have to move to base when you’re hired.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
Seems a bit difficult to figure out or maybe it’s just not possible, but what are the options for a someone who wants to come onboard at AMF, but lives in South Florida? Seems like you’d have to move to base when you’re hired.
Depends on your experience...
An experience captain might be able to be home-based if a position is open....so 2200-2500+ hrs.
Others would really need you move to a base since the AMF schedule is not really commutable.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:22 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Default Emb120 training

Just looking for some insight into the training for fo on the emb120. I’m hearing that it is quite difficult. Any insight about the training, success rate and also any tips how to be successful in that training are greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by ZippyNH View Post
Depends on your experience...
An experience captain might be able to be home-based if a position is open....so 2200-2500+ hrs.
Others would really need you move to a base since the AMF schedule is not really commutable.
I heard we aren't hiring home based captains any more. Not a cost effective business model for our type of schedule.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:08 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2019

I have a few questions pertaining to the Accelerated Captain Program.

1. Does there need to be a specific ACP hiring announcement to apply?

2. I understand ACP pilots are sent anywhere in the system to get hours fast but are they assigned a specific airframe throughout the program? If so, does the pilot get any choice?

3. This question is moot if the answer to the question above is no, but...if an ACP pilot is specific to a particular airframe, will they upgrade to that airframe when meeting 135 IFR minimums? For example, the pilot spends ACP in a B1900 then gets their hours. Will they stay on as a 1900 captain or transition over to the 99?

4. Given that ACP pilots are not assigned a base, are they free to live anywhere prior to hitting 135 minimums and assignment to a base or must they already live near a base? Do "ACP Graduates" have any choice in base assignment?

Thanks!!
Old 04-22-2019, 07:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by DeeDee214 View Post
I have a few questions pertaining to the Accelerated Captain Program.

1. Does there need to be a specific ACP hiring announcement to apply?

2. I understand ACP pilots are sent anywhere in the system to get hours fast but are they assigned a specific airframe throughout the program? If so, does the pilot get any choice?

3. This question is moot if the answer to the question above is no, but...if an ACP pilot is specific to a particular airframe, will they upgrade to that airframe when meeting 135 IFR minimums? For example, the pilot spends ACP in a B1900 then gets their hours. Will they stay on as a 1900 captain or transition over to the 99?

4. Given that ACP pilots are not assigned a base, are they free to live anywhere prior to hitting 135 minimums and assignment to a base or must they already live near a base? Do "ACP Graduates" have any choice in base assignment?

Thanks!!
FreightDogs will have to answer the first question. But for the rest,

For now all ACP FOs start out as SIC in the BE1900 and then transition to the BE99 when they get captain minimums. Until you hit 1200 hours and are assigned to a permanent base (which you can bid for once you hit 1000 hours) you can live wherever you choose. We will cover travel and lodging at the base we have you flying at. At 1000 hours TT (and a minimum 50 hours in the ACP program) you will become a Restricted IFR Captain in the BE99 and can submit a bid for any open BE99 position in the company. Once you reach 1200 hours, you will be expected to move to the base for the position you bid as an Unrestricted IFR Captain. From there you are welcome to bid for any other position (type rated equipment, etc) which you become eligible and qualified for.