Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 06-03-2021, 09:43 AM
  #5461  
Gets Weekends Off
 
cfii2007's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,110
Default

Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
Anyone know if there will be openings in SLC anytime soon? Looking to move out west and potentially apply.
I think they had a 99 opening in Seattle (BFI?)............
cfii2007 is offline  
Old 06-04-2021, 07:12 PM
  #5462  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 64
Default Possibly bring back the ACP?

I remember two to three years ago they rolled out a program for people that was between 800-1000 total time and short of the 1200 needed to get the Captain 135IFR. I remember it was called the Accelerated Captain Program. Was the program successful with the people they had brought in and what the possibilities of they bring that back again, especially with the increase of the airline hiring people and majors picking up as well.
Gapilot is offline  
Old 06-05-2021, 10:34 AM
  #5463  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 639
Default

Originally Posted by Gapilot View Post
I remember two to three years ago they rolled out a program for people that was between 800-1000 total time and short of the 1200 needed to get the Captain 135IFR. I remember it was called the Accelerated Captain Program. Was the program successful with the people they had brought in and what the possibilities of they bring that back again, especially with the increase of the airline hiring people and majors picking up as well.
The program still exists. The majority of these come in through the UPS Intern program. But we did have one just a couple of classes ago that was a street hire into the ACP program.

We also regularly hire into the right seat of the E120. Again, many of those are from UPS due to our partnership. But we do hire to that position off the street as well.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 06-05-2021, 10:55 AM
  #5464  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
The program still exists. The majority of these come in through the UPS Intern program. But we did have one just a couple of classes ago that was a street hire into the ACP program.

We also regularly hire into the right seat of the E120. Again, many of those are from UPS due to our partnership. But we do hire to that position off the street as well.
Thanks for the information on the ACP program, it kind of a bummer that they are more going to UPS but understandable because of the contact they have with them and need to keep that pipeline flowing to them.

I check at least daily to see if there an opening for the FO especially hoping for the PDX location to pop up so that I can try for that spot.
Gapilot is offline  
Old 06-05-2021, 11:12 AM
  #5465  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 639
Default

Originally Posted by Gapilot View Post
Thanks for the information on the ACP program, it kind of a bummer that they are more going to UPS but understandable because of the contact they have with them and need to keep that pipeline flowing to them.

I check at least daily to see if there an opening for the FO especially hoping for the PDX location to pop up so that I can try for that spot.
The only FOs in PDX would be in the E120. Since there isn't a requirement for FOs in other airplanes, the only operations those are going to now are the Charter SA227s. We are taking FOs there in order to utilize 135.267 duty time rules for two crew. (10 hours flight time vs 8 for single pilot.) The Charters operate out of ELP and DFW for now.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 06-06-2021, 10:57 AM
  #5466  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Posts: 189
Default

How many years are expected to go from UPS intern, to UPS FO?
Air Guitar is offline  
Old 06-06-2021, 12:32 PM
  #5467  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2021
Position: Aye Aye, Capt'n
Posts: 90
Default

Originally Posted by Air Guitar View Post
How many years are expected to go from UPS intern, to UPS FO?
See page 541...
QRH Bingo is offline  
Old 06-06-2021, 01:05 PM
  #5468  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Posts: 189
Default

I suppose I should have said "realistically" instead of expected. I read anecdotally AMF can drag their feet with ATP CTP and other training events.
Air Guitar is offline  
Old 06-06-2021, 03:18 PM
  #5469  
On Reserve
 
mikejulietpapa's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2019
Posts: 11
Default

2 questions
-Is commuting an option with Ameriflight?
-Is Amerflight firm on their minimum hours?
mikejulietpapa is offline  
Old 06-06-2021, 05:37 PM
  #5470  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Jan 2020
Posts: 7
Default

Originally Posted by Air Guitar View Post
I suppose I should have said "realistically" instead of expected. I read anecdotally AMF can drag their feet with ATP CTP and other training events.
itís not anecdotal, all the people I know who went through it took 4+ years. Keep your nose clean too.
Messageman is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Mrsmith42e
Cargo
22
01-22-2021 09:14 AM
waflyboy
Cargo
3
05-10-2020 03:48 PM
chazbird
Part 135
10
07-01-2007 04:47 PM
beech_nut
Cargo
0
01-28-2006 12:55 PM
Freight Dog
Cargo
0
11-17-2005 10:27 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread