Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 11:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Did Ameriflight bid on the Amazon ATRs going to Silver in Fort Worth?
Old 08-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by MinRest View Post
How does this company get ANYONE to agree working 3 weeks on with 1 week off lol.
Some people are at AMF for as little time as possible to maximize the time they build to move on/up...some are more long term looking the live in a specific place or situation....
Honestly for some seeking to maximize hours in the minimum time, it might be a plus.
Different strokes for different folks, and remember about 70% (my guess) of the people at AMF are only around for 2-5 years to build time.....
There are assignments that fly under an HOUR a day with maybe 4 hrs and of duty a day total, maybe sleeping in your own bed, or all day home but there are some that are near maximum legal limits...just depends on what people bid.
Old 09-11-2021, 05:52 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by tiger7612 View Post
During your 3/1 or 4/1 schedule are you on the road the whole time or do charter flights usually originate at your base? For a DFW Charter Pilot on the Metro how often would you be at home? Just the one week?
If you get sent out on a trip say on a Monday or Tuesday, there’s a good chance they are going to leave you sitting wherever you go trying to sell you and the plane on another trip. I’ve done a trip on a Monday then sat there at the destination all week away from home without a trip, when they could have give me my legal rest, then have me repo to base where I would have been more likely to get a trip and I would have got to see home vs just sitting all week for nothing 1200 nm from home.

But it’s not always like that. Sometimes you will get an out and back trip where you do it then come home and have a couple days at home during the week.

Trips sometimes originate in base sometimes they don’t. During your weeks on you will get to come home for the weekend.
Old 09-11-2021, 05:58 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2021

Originally Posted by ZippyNH View Post
Some people are at AMF for as little time as possible to maximize the time they build to move on/up...some are more long term looking the live in a specific place or situation....
Honestly for some seeking to maximize hours in the minimum time, it might be a plus.
Different strokes for different folks, and remember about 70% (my guess) of the people at AMF are only around for 2-5 years to build time.....
There are assignments that fly under an HOUR a day with maybe 4 hrs and of duty a day total, maybe sleeping in your own bed, or all day home but there are some that are near maximum legal limits...just depends on what people bid.
THIS.

Sometimes they will even tell people during Indoc that they (mgmt) realize AMF is a stepping stone job for people to build time and move on. They just ask you to not hire in, stay 5 months then bail on them, they like to see people stay at least a year. Honestly I can’t blame them for that.

As an aside, the Charter life is VERY different than the UPS side of AMF. You have to be pretty thick skinned to do Charter. It’s definitely not for everyone, if you’re a pretty boi, Charter probably isn’t for you.
Old 10-13-2021, 06:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Default Any update on possible FO position opening up

I am curious if anyone here that is still currently working for Ameriflight, know if there anything happening with the First officer position. I understand they are working to bring people up thru their pilot program pathway to UPS and United. I been seeing more spots open for the Captain position on the employment website.

I am keeping an eye out on the website to see any opening for the FO opportunity. Will Ameriflight might possibly expand their FO to more aircraft to keep up with their Captain requirements for the BE-99 and other aircraft?

Thanks for any info.
Old 10-14-2021, 08:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Gapilot View Post
I am curious if anyone here that is still currently working for Ameriflight, know if there anything happening with the First officer position. I understand they are working to bring people up thru their pilot program pathway to UPS and United. I been seeing more spots open for the Captain position on the employment website.

I am keeping an eye out on the website to see any opening for the FO opportunity. Will Ameriflight might possibly expand their FO to more aircraft to keep up with their Captain requirements for the BE-99 and other aircraft?

Thanks for any info.
Have seen new hire FO's for the metro charter program doing IOE while flying the line...due to long days and higher flight times charter often uses a copilot, since having one allows for longer flights, contributeing to the usability of the plane rather than just an added cost ..the copilots typically build hours to 135 mins, then go to a 99, then a typed plane. Guessing you just need to be looking at the right time too see an opening...let's face, sure there are lots of potential candidates and a stack of resumes.
Working charter is hard work (there are extra bonuses and incentives to off set this partially for captains) but it's faster way to build time and get quality experience with multiple airports. It's a very different job than out and back trips out of a base.
Some love it, some hate it.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

. . . anything happening with the First officer position. . .

I am keeping an eye out on the website to see any opening for the FO opportunity. . . .
You won’t see any job postings on their site for FO’s as they typically have an excess supply of them. You will need to reach out to recruiting directly, attend a job fair or other public event they may be at, or get an internal recommendation from a current employee. You will need to be much more proactive if you are looking for an FO spot than just checking the job listings every day. Good Luck.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Thanks for any info.
I am currently at AMF and have had folks I know reach out about FO slots. From what I was told, per our agreements with UPS and United, they have the first dibs on any open FO spots. IF we still have needs, then we can hire off the street. (We have one E120 FO that is a street hire that finished Indoc today and starts aircraft training on Monday.) But these spots are VERY limited and lots of folks looking for them. So like QRH said, you need to reach out and not wait for an open bid -- you won't see one of those.

If you can get to 135 IFR mins (1200 TT, 500 point to point CC, 100 night, 75 Instrument) I can just about guarantee you can get an interview.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:52 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2013

For those who fly out of ONT, what is the schedule like these days? Last I heard was M-F departing around 6AM and returning around 6PM. This still the case?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-21-2021, 07:29 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
I am currently at AMF and have had folks I know reach out about FO slots. From what I was told, per our agreements with UPS and United, they have the first dibs on any open FO spots. IF we still have needs, then we can hire off the street. (We have one E120 FO that is a street hire that finished Indoc today and starts aircraft training on Monday.) But these spots are VERY limited and lots of folks looking for them. So like QRH said, you need to reach out and not wait for an open bid -- you won't see one of those.

If you can get to 135 IFR mins (1200 TT, 500 point to point CC, 100 night, 75 Instrument) I can just about guarantee you can get an interview.
Thanks for the info about the FO, it sound like your company got a lot of the UPS and United people in the pipe right now, which will be lot harder to get hired as a street FO. I have looked at the program and what I could understand, it almost you are either working with Ameriflight or you are in a flight school working, toward your hours. I will keep checking the website in hope of getting chance to apply for an open position, as well try to send an updated resume to the recruiter. I will continue to work on getting that IFR captain min. I will keep checking the website and try to network with people that I know that is working at Ameriflight in hope that they could get my name recognized and give me a chance for a call to interview. Also, from what I am reading on your company website it sound like they are looking into the charter side of the business to expand. I wonder if that might open up possible FO spot for that part of the flight operation.