Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 04-04-2021, 08:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

Is PHX or BUR an easy base to get after being hired?

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2021, 04:11 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
I'm assuming you are talking about hiring direct into the training department as an instructor?

It should. If anything it might even give you a leg up since you will have time as an instructor and then possibly a check airman. You will still need to fulfill other requirements, such as transition into a typed airplane at some point. But it definitely wouldn't be a hindrance.
Thanks for your quick response. I was contacted to interview for their BE99 instructor position in Dallas. Pretty stoked about it!
Old 04-11-2021, 09:51 PM
On Reserve

Is Ameriflight re-opening a Cincinnati base? I've noticed a couple line service and A&P jobs posted
Old 04-11-2021, 10:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2017

In today’s world, would y’all go to a regional if you had a BE99 position offered to you or would you take the TPIC time at Ameriflight instead of 121 time (not knowing exactly when you’d be in a class though)?
Old 04-12-2021, 06:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by chedrick View Post
Is Ameriflight re-opening a Cincinnati base? I've noticed a couple line service and A&P jobs posted
Short answer; Yes.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer View Post
In today’s world, would y’all go to a regional if you had a BE99 position offered to you or would you take the TPIC time at Ameriflight instead of 121 time (not knowing exactly when you’d be in a class though)?
That is too broad a question, really. Does this pertain specifically to you? Or just curious?

One would need to compare the two as they are two different animals and see which one fits best. Also need to look ahead, 2, 5, 10 years to where that person would LIKE to be (of course we all know anything can happen)

Ameriflight; Home every night with a Consistent Schedule (typically), average pay, older planes, usually quick aircraft upgrades (even faster if you’re willing to move), plenty of jump seat privileges (only for employee not for family), employee paid KCM, possible to join UPS/United pathway programs (but know United’s “aviate” will still require you to fly regionals anyway), currently the box market seems to be less affected by market swings and more stable...

Regional; Schedule will change month to month, away from home multiple days at a time, lots of reserve time in beginning, pay varies but a regional Captain will make more than Ameriflight, jump seat privileges slightly better for you but also include non-rev options for family, possible flow programs based on who you fly for, less job stability...

I’m sure there are others to add but there’s a start.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

How about these scenarios;

Which individual would have better chances to end up at FedEx and which has better chances for Delta? Ameriflight or Regional?

Which individual would have better chances at Kalitta and which has better chances at Southwest? Aneriflight or Regional?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2021, 02:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017

Not an Ameriflight guy, but have flown part 135 turboprops and currently 121 regional dude. The folks I have seen move on the quickest to legacy are 121 check airman. Not saying its not possible feom the other routes, just depends on who you know more and timing in my opinion. For stuff like ACMI I know folks that had left seat Part 135 turboprop time and no trouble going to Atlas etc
Old 04-12-2021, 05:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2019

I wouldn’t sit around to wait for a potential job at a regional that could crater in a year. Take a good job that is offered. It’s 12 months. Sure you’d be hauling bees out of Visalia at 3am but it beats playing a 5th Skyrim playthrough in your mom’s basement.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:18 AM
New Hire

Did you get offered a BE99 position at AMF?