Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2019, 08:01 AM   #4971  
Ameriflight
 
FreightDogs's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2014
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee214 View Post
I have a few questions pertaining to the Accelerated Captain Program.

1. Does there need to be a specific ACP hiring announcement to apply?
Hi, there!

We don't typically make a hiring announcement for that position.
We have a backlog of applicants for it (hot position), so we can usually hire without posting. (Not to say that we never do. In February, we had the position open on our careers website - www.ameriflight.com/careers - for about two weeks.)
If you do meet the mins, though, I'd advise just shooting an email over to our First Officer recruiter with your resume (updated flight times) and earliest month availability you can start. Name: Kacie Freeman | Email: [email protected]

Hope that helps!
FreightDogs is offline  
Old 04-23-2019, 10:52 AM   #4972  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Default

Thank you both for the info as well as all the time and effort you take making this thread so useful.
DeeDee214 is offline  
Old 04-29-2019, 12:08 PM   #4973  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee214 View Post
Thank you both for the info as well as all the time and effort you take making this thread so useful.
Are you military by chance? Just looking at your handle.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 04-29-2019, 05:40 PM   #4974  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Apr 2019
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Are you military by chance? Just looking at your handle.

I am...at least until I retire this August after 20 years active duty Coast Guard . I'm not a military aviator though. I was a line guy as a teen and used everything I earned to solo at 16, PPL at 17, and commercial at 18. Joined the USCG for money to finish my ratings and ride out the time till I turned 23 for my ATP then 9/11 happened.


Got back into flying three years ago and have been banner towing part time since. Just got an IPC and take my ME check ride Wednesday. I should have around 1000 hours by the time I start seriously applying for jobs around June/July-ish.
DeeDee214 is offline  
Old 05-09-2019, 07:54 AM   #4975  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 567
Default

Bumping this back to the first page because there have been a couple of new threads started that probably would have been answered here if they had seen it.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #4976  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jul 2018
Posts: 18
Default

I was wondering if anyone had experience or knew about how many hours a month does an FO receive in the Spokane, WA base. I see figures like 40-80 being tossed around, would love to hear from first hand though if possible.
egothrasher is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 10:45 AM   #4977  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Feb 2019
Posts: 5
Post FO possibilities

Hi Freightdogs,

I have a question about the employment possibilities for FO as I hope to apply with AMF once I have regained IFR proficiency. I live in a small town in NE Oklahoma about an hour away from the Joplin and Fayetteville/Bentonville airports and about 1.5 hours from Tulsa International. I have a little over 500 hours and meet AMF FO requirements. Unlike many people who ask about flying for AMF on this site, I am not looking for a particular base. I am, however, tied to my home and my wife. If AMF will let me jumpseat to bases, I'd be happy to fly wherever I am needed.

Some things I have seen from AMF say, If you live within so far of an airport..., but recently I see stuff that makes it sound like that only applies to captains. It's confusing and a little disheartening.

Does AMF entertain the idea of hiring someone like me (as FO) who will go where needed, but ultimately needs to come home to his family at the end of the week or rotation?
Mellokeith is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #4978  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by egothrasher View Post
I was wondering if anyone had experience or knew about how many hours a month does an FO receive in the Spokane, WA base. I see figures like 40-80 being tossed around, would love to hear from first hand though if possible.
The runs you refer to are currently operating out of BFI and get roughly 12 hours per week. The operation out of Spokane will be starting sometime around September and the actual routings hasn't been determined yet. My guess would be that the flight time would be similar but probably a bit less just due to the destinations being closer to Spokane than Seattle.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 05-16-2019, 05:27 AM   #4979  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any
Posts: 567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellokeith View Post
Hi Freightdogs,

I have a question about the employment possibilities for FO as I hope to apply with AMF once I have regained IFR proficiency. I live in a small town in NE Oklahoma about an hour away from the Joplin and Fayetteville/Bentonville airports and about 1.5 hours from Tulsa International. I have a little over 500 hours and meet AMF FO requirements. Unlike many people who ask about flying for AMF on this site, I am not looking for a particular base. I am, however, tied to my home and my wife. If AMF will let me jumpseat to bases, I'd be happy to fly wherever I am needed.

Some things I have seen from AMF say, If you live within so far of an airport..., but recently I see stuff that makes it sound like that only applies to captains. It's confusing and a little disheartening.

Does AMF entertain the idea of hiring someone like me (as FO) who will go where needed, but ultimately needs to come home to his family at the end of the week or rotation?
AMF doesn't prohibit "commuting" via jumpseat, but it is discouraged. At the flight time level you describe, you would be assigned to an E120 base. Our E120 runs operate Monday PM to Saturday AM or Monday AM to Friday PM. Neither of these allows much time to jump seat home. And if you don't make it back for your duty assignment, you would be subject to disciplinary action. Unlike some passenger airlines, we don't have a policy where if you have a given number of backup options available and all of them get cancelled then you would be excused.

Sorry if that puts a damper on your plans.
frmrbuffdrvr is offline  
Old 05-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #4980  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: May 2019
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

We don't typically make a hiring announcement for that position.
We have a backlog of applicants for it (hot position), so we can usually hire without posting. (Not to say that we never do. In February, we had the position open on our careers website - www.ameriflight.com/careers - for about two weeks.)
If you do meet the mins, though, I'd advise just shooting an email over to our First Officer recruiter with your resume (updated flight times) and earliest month availability you can start. Name: Kacie Freeman | Email: [email protected]

Hope that helps!
@FreightDogs,

Is Kacie still working with Ameriflight as your FO recruiter or is there someone else I can reach out to (I looked her up on LinkedIn and it appears she left the company)? I know AMF isn't currently advertising any FO positions but I'm interesting in sending off my resume in case a slot opens in SLC in the future. Any assistance you can provide on the current recruiter for FO's would be greatly appreciated! A few quick notes on me:

- Began flying 15 years ago as Private Pilot
- Meet all hiring minimums for EMB 120 FO
- Currently employed as CFI, CFII, and MEI
- 8 Year's active duty military followed by three years as corporate safety/security manager. Vast experience with SMS/Risk Management

- T
Utah6SD is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ameriflight Travel Benefits question. Mrsmith42e Cargo 17 05-30-2010 07:12 PM
Ameriflight - Upgrade to t-prop? waflyboy Cargo 1 01-02-2008 02:05 AM
Ameriflight OAK runs? chazbird Part 135 10 07-01-2007 03:47 PM
Ameriflight Questions beech_nut Cargo 0 01-28-2006 11:55 AM
Ameriflight added to APC Freight Dog Cargo 0 11-17-2005 09:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:27 AM.