Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 04-24-2020, 05:17 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by justfun View Post
Can you explain the specifics of this new contract please?
Be99 Captain - $20,000 18 months - Reduced by $10,000 after 12 months
Type-Rated Captain - $30,000 18 months - Reduced by $10,000 after 12 months
EMB-120 First Officer - $30,000 12 months
Old 04-25-2020, 08:41 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Remember that pilot shortage?
Yeah. Me neither.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
It's new - starting for the new hires in the May class.
$20,000 - $30,000 and 18 - 24 months, depending on aircraft and position.
Reduced after 12 months.
Very classy move with desperate pilots out of a job. Should have made it 40k because why not!
Old 04-25-2020, 10:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by Purpleanga View Post
Very classy move with desperate pilots out of a job. Should have made it 40k because why not!
Their way of trying to limit people from jumping ship when the flying world gets back to normal should it happen sooner then expected. I’ve said this many times but those less desirable companies suddenly become high demand when the economy takes a dump.

On another note they aren’t the only company making adjustments to the pilot group due to the virus. Heard about a 135 outfit switching from a 8/6 schedule to a mandatory 15/13 schedule indefinitely because of the covid monster they claim. They been itching to make this change months ago but was afraid of massive attrition. However because of the state of the industry now it allowed the perfect opportunity to make the switch. They know the pilot group would have a difficult time jumping ship for something better. Now that’s classy
Old 04-27-2020, 10:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Angry Its odd

Because up till about three months ago, things were really good. So, why not a training contract then? Things will turn around but slowly. IMHO, if you need to ask people to sign such things then something may be wrong with your organization. The write up pages back may allude to that. Those contracts are a trap and in some States, may not even be legal but then you have sour grapes with a former employer which is part of that trap. Soon, as I’ve said, companies will make you pay for your own training including room and board. I question companies that take advantage of people during a crisis. It says a lot about a place. Yes, it’s simple, don’t sign it! No more sign on bonuses! Now you get a sign on debit.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Boats and Hos View Post
Because up till about three months ago, things were really good. So, why not a training contract then? Things will turn around but slowly. IMHO, if you need to ask people to sign such things then something may be wrong with your organization. The write up pages back may allude to that. Those contracts are a trap and in some States, may not even be legal but then you have sour grapes with a former employer which is part of that trap. Soon, as I’ve said, companies will make you pay for your own training including room and board. I question companies that take advantage of people during a crisis. It says a lot about a place. Yes, it’s simple, don’t sign it! No more sign on bonuses! Now you get a sign on debit.
You realize that a training agreement is only debt if you LEAVE?! It's very different than pay for Training or pay to fly....
Simply put it's to limit the people looking for short time jobs till things get "BETTER".
For years companies were asking for "gentleman's agreements" saying you would stay a year for an initial training or upgrade...
Let's face it, training resources are limited, and many people here and other places are publicly saying they will just pick up a job for a year till they are "called back"...
AMF rolled most of the turbine bonuses into the regular pay last year, so other than the "peak to peak" most of us saw the base pay go up, and the company management said it was to ensure it couldn't go away, like a bonus, and the reality is, due to taxes and 401k matches, it was a big plus to make it part of REGULAR pay.
Frankly, I don't want a bunch of short-term people causing my current company $$$ issues due to turnover in this environment.
yes...a few pages back there are angry people due to the non-typed planes NOT being included in the new bonus program to push people to upgrade when they can....
Old 04-28-2020, 11:33 AM
Mmmm wine

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: A220 FO

As I said a few pages back, AMF is a dirtbag outfit. They thrive when everyone else is hurting because they are a bottom feeder. Don't sign your life away for a company that doesn't give a flying crap about you. I expected nothing less than the new hire bonuses to go away, but I didn't expect a training contract. Pathetic...
Old 04-28-2020, 03:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2019

Think this is bad, wait until the cull the heard.
Have you called in sick?
Have you written a plane up at the out-station?
Have you forgotten an envelope in the pod?
Have you caused any "problems".

Meet the new same boss.
"line check"
Old 04-30-2020, 11:23 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014
Default Training Agreement

Our training department spends a significant amount of time and Ameriflight spends a significant amount of money on each new hire. With the substantial uptick in qualified applicants, narrowing the pool down to candidates who agree to commit to Ameriflight for at least 18 months is the responsible thing to do.

The training agreement is not a trick – you’ll sign for it in your offer letter. It’s also not a debt – the choice is yours to sign the contract agreeing to reimburse us for the cost of training should you not fulfill your commitment of 18 months with us. If you don’t want to fly for Ameriflight for 18 months, either don’t take a job with us or agree to pay the cost back (regular or reduced depending on time).
Old 04-30-2020, 12:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Our training department spends a significant amount of time and Ameriflight spends a significant amount of money on each new hire. With the substantial uptick in qualified applicants, narrowing the pool down to candidates who agree to commit to Ameriflight for at least 18 months is the responsible thing to do.

The training agreement is not a trick – you’ll sign for it in your offer letter. It’s also not a debt – the choice is yours to sign the contract agreeing to reimburse us for the cost of training should you not fulfill your commitment of 18 months with us. If you don’t want to fly for Ameriflight for 18 months, either don’t take a job with us or agree to pay the cost back (regular or reduced depending on time).
And this is pure F* common sense.