Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by Newty View Post
Anyone know what amflights staffing looks like in SLC right now! Any chance of going straight to SLC in the 99?
There's already a line of internal bids of people waiting to go to SLC.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by FlyASA View Post
I sent in a resume on the website but never heard anything back. With all the pilots out on the street now I'm sure they are probably flooded with resumes and there are probably a lot of applicants who are way more qualified than me.
Unlike some airlines, we only have one HR lady for all the resumes flooding in. The best way is to call.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by FlyASA View Post
I sent in a resume on the website but never heard anything back. With all the pilots out on the street now I'm sure they are probably flooded with resumes and there are probably a lot of applicants who are way more qualified than me.
FlyASA

The only way to get an interview is to call about EVERYDAY. The squeeky wheel gets the greese. There are A LOT of people out on the streets right now, and I am sure HR is SWAMPED with apps, but it is possible to get hired. There is a guy in my class right now that barely meets 135 IFR mins. You just need to call, and knowing somebody on the inside really helps.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:12 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: Swimming in the pool

Originally Posted by skatergeek View Post
FlyASA

The only way to get an interview is to call about EVERYDAY. The squeeky wheel gets the greese. There are A LOT of people out on the streets right now, and I am sure HR is SWAMPED with apps, but it is possible to get hired. There is a guy in my class right now that barely meets 135 IFR mins. You just need to call, and knowing somebody on the inside really helps.
I talked to Sylvia on Tuesday and she said they were having some upcoming interviews, and to call back later this week. I've tried calling a couple times each day, and I only get her voicemail. I didn't know if they aren't having the interviews now, or if they already have enough people. I would greatly appreciate any information you could sare.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by F90 Hawk View Post
I talked to Sylvia on Tuesday and she said they were having some upcoming interviews, and to call back later this week. I've tried calling a couple times each day, and I only get her voicemail. I didn't know if they aren't having the interviews now, or if they already have enough people. I would greatly appreciate any information you could sare.
I dont know if they are interviewing today or not, but everyone in my class interviewed with an ACP in either PDX OAK or PHX.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Yeah, I finally just called her and told her that I had applied awhile back and didn't hear anything. So she asked my name, pulled up my app and looked over it for a minute.. She told me to hop in the sim and study and call her last Thursday for an interview..

So I did all of that, and then upon calling last Thursday she said that they won't be giving me an interview because they want me to have more recent flight experience and more recent IFR time.

Can't win them all.. the problem is that I am coming up on being furloughed 6 months.

I am over 1500 TT and over 550 ME, with around 150 hours of instrument..

Good luck to those who make it though!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: C-172

Imp, did she have any suggestions as to how you can get more recent flight time and more recent IFR time given that you are furloughed? Does anybody have any idea how a furloughed pilot can retain recency?

This is like that thing we all heard "you don't get hired because you don't have experience, but you can't get that experience if you don't have a job." What a topsy turvy world we live in.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
Imp, did she have any suggestions as to how you can get more recent flight time and more recent IFR time given that you are furloughed? Does anybody have any idea how a furloughed pilot can retain recency?

This is like that thing we all heard "you don't get hired because you don't have experience, but you can't get that experience if you don't have a job." What a topsy turvy world we live in.
It's called biting the bullet and going out and renting a C172 and doing approaches or some flight instruction.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by Newty View Post
Anyone know what amflights staffing looks like in SLC right now! Any chance of going straight to SLC in the 99?
That's about the equivlaent of asking if Skywest has a 2 year upgrade in SLC.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, that you're just curious and looking for info, but I'd be careful about sounding ignorant and/or presumptuous.

The best way to get into turbine equipment lately is to be willing to move to CVG or Puerto Rico. SLC hasn't had any new hires in the last year, just a couple transfers, not much movement other than that.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:11 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: Captain, single pilot ifr Sikorsky S-76C++

Thanks, Fdog. Seems there are 3 Metros. I see them in customs every am.I have seen them for years infront of my hanger.