Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #4351  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Applied, got the email, waiting for the phone call!

Iím a nervous nelly.
Jdub2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #4352  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: PA23-250 Captain
Posts: 20
Default Why are they hiring EMB-120 FO in TX?

I saw in the previous replies that there aren't any bases for the EMB-120 in Texas. Why does it show on the website that they're hiring FO's for multiple locations in TX? Are they going to be operating the EMB-120 out of a base in TX? Also, I was curious if the PIC time is a hard minimum? I have 415.3 PIC but I meet all of the other requirements. If there's no bases in TX then there's no point in me applying for it though. We're moving to the Dallas area in June.
Lusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #4353  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SonicFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,111
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
[*]The only position we have a contract for is the ACP position. Ameriflight is a great option to build hours toward your ATP - the only hours that do not count toward that ATP are your hours as an ACP FO (so if you come in at 950, those first 50 hours of being an FO will not count), because we are not required to have that position. After that, they all count! We have a Gateway Program with UPS (freight), but three programs with non-freight - Allegiant, Omni, Frontier.[/LIST]Hopefully all that made sense!
FO hours don't count towards ATP in the EMB120? Doesn't EMB120 require 2 crew members?
SonicFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #4354  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2012
Posts: 927
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicFlyer View Post
FO hours don't count towards ATP in the EMB120? Doesn't EMB120 require 2 crew members?
EMB120 FO hours DO count towards your ATP. ACP program is done in the beech 99 .
Javichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:33 AM   #4355  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiqs View Post
HI there,

I would like to know is any one here is living at NM because i receive and offer to work there but i will need help with crashpad for a while.

Please Feel free with the suggestions, i'll appreciate any help out there.
I’m on my way out of Abq but let me ask a little more about your situation. As there are some important variables.
1) are you coming as an acp or a captain?
2) have you already started training yet?
3) how long are you thinking of being in nm? (Until you reach regional mins or until another base opens up or for longer)
Mrhr5b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:41 AM   #4356  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusher View Post
I saw in the previous replies that there aren't any bases for the EMB-120 in Texas. Why does it show on the website that they're hiring FO's for multiple locations in TX? Are they going to be operating the EMB-120 out of a base in TX? Also, I was curious if the PIC time is a hard minimum? I have 415.3 PIC but I meet all of the other requirements. If there's no bases in TX then there's no point in me applying for it though. We're moving to the Dallas area in June.
My advice would be to build more time. Come in as a VFR captain or into the acp. When I first applied I wanted the emb 120 aswell and I was really lucky I didnít get it. They get very very few hours in most case in the 120. I have 2 that I went through indoc with who over the past 6 months have averaged 35 hrs a month. Also something to be aware of is that itís usually a couple months from the time you submit your application to your at class. If you want to speed that up and increase your chances go to recruiting events. I have 2 friends who applied with 1000+ hours and previous 135 experience and they have only just finally gotten offers after 3 months of waiting.
Mrhr5b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #4357  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SonicFlyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,111
Question

What is a typical daily schedule?
SonicFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:05 PM   #4358  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: PA23-250 Captain
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhr5b View Post
My advice would be to build more time. Come in as a VFR captain or into the acp. When I first applied I wanted the emb 120 aswell and I was really lucky I didnít get it. They get very very few hours in most case in the 120. I have 2 that I went through indoc with who over the past 6 months have averaged 35 hrs a month. Also something to be aware of is that itís usually a couple months from the time you submit your application to your at class. If you want to speed that up and increase your chances go to recruiting events. I have 2 friends who applied with 1000+ hours and previous 135 experience and they have only just finally gotten offers after 3 months of waiting.
I have until June before Iím done with current contract anyway. Iím trying to get to the 750 TT by the end of the contract. I would like to get to 800 so I could be in the accelerated captain program.
Lusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #4359  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhr5b View Post
Iím on my way out of Abq but let me ask a little more about your situation. As there are some important variables.
1) are you coming as an acp or a captain?
2) have you already started training yet?
3) how long are you thinking of being in nm? (Until you reach regional mins or until another base opens up or for longer)

Thank you to try to help me out.

1~ as a Pa31 CA.
2~ i havent started training yet!
3~ until i reach minimums for the others of AMF or as well until another base opens up!
aiqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:23 AM   #4360  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiqs View Post
Thank you to try to help me out.

1~ as a Pa31 CA.
2~ i havent started training yet!
3~ until i reach minimums for the others of AMF or as well until another base opens up!
Things to know about Amf:
1) they are phasing out the pa31 everywhere but albuquerque. They list 26 or so in the fleet on this site but only 3 bases currently fly them and 2, Portland and Phoenix are currently phasing them out leaving only abq.
2) plan 2 months for training into your schedule of which about 2-3 weeks will be in abq (hotel paid for) there is a good chance Iíll actually be training you. A couple people have found rooms to rent on Craigslist, and some people from the company are roommates. There are a lot of like minded people here and Iíve really enjoyed working for the company and in this base. If all else fails you can get an apartment for 600-800$ for a 1 bedroom close to the airport on a 6 month lease which is really cheap where Iím from.
3) know what your getting into. Do you understand the type of flying we do? Also if your interested there are lots of opportunities for advancement here which is good and if you upgrade to the 99 lots of bases for you to try. Hope this helps,

to recap I have really gotten a lot out of flying chieftains here and am a much better pilot for it. Know that itís a lot of work and we have a fairly high wash out rate from people who donít know ifr(if they are going ifr) or donít want to study. This is a job and you should come to class ready to roll. That being said itís a blast flying the line and possibly the most freedom youíll have in your career
Mrhr5b is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ameriflight Travel Benefits question. Mrsmith42e Cargo 17 05-30-2010 07:12 PM
Ameriflight - Upgrade to t-prop? waflyboy Cargo 1 01-02-2008 02:05 AM
Ameriflight OAK runs? chazbird Part 135 10 07-01-2007 03:47 PM
Ameriflight Questions beech_nut Cargo 0 01-28-2006 11:55 AM
Ameriflight added to APC Freight Dog Cargo 0 11-17-2005 09:27 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:23 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright ©2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1