Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: PA31 Cptn

So, anyone know anything about company movement? I know it hasnt been long since the furloughs, but are we moving in the right direction yet? Help us out Oldog. Thanks
Old 05-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by find a way View Post
So, anyone know anything about company movement? I know it hasnt been long since the furloughs, but are we moving in the right direction yet? Help us out Oldog. Thanks
Almost all of our international routes have been upgraded to bigger aircraft (ie Mexico) that's going to help a little bit.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:39 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2010
Position: CFII

Hey freightdog, did you go to SCSU? I seem to remember you from a different forum. I don't think I have enough posts to PM on here yet.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jumpedin View Post
Hey freightdog, did you go to SCSU? I seem to remember you from a different forum. I don't think I have enough posts to PM on here yet.
I attended Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, CA and earned my Bachelors from Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:30 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2010
Position: CFII

Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
I attended Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, CA and earned my Bachelors from Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Nevermind then. There was someone with almost the same avatar and very close to the same name on a SCSU forum (But now I see that he works/worked at Key Lime)

I'll stop the thread hijack now.

By chance does Ameriflight ever put people in the right seat if they were very close to but not quite at 135 mins? I'm thinking not now of course, but when the economy starts running again.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Nevermind then. There was someone with almost the same avatar and very close to the same name on a SCSU forum (But now I see that he works/worked at Key Lime)

I'll stop the thread hijack now.

By chance does Ameriflight ever put people in the right seat if they were very close to but not quite at 135 mins? I'm thinking not now of course, but when the economy starts running again.
If you are close, a lot of times they will give you an SIC checkride and stick you with a training captain or line captain to build up the rest of your time
Old 05-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Apteryx

Joined APC: Jan 2010

xx xxxx xxx xxxxxx xxx.

Last edited by Oldog; 05-20-2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: replied to wrong message -- please withdraw it
Old 05-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Apteryx

Originally Posted by find a way View Post
As indicated in another post, some routes are being upgraded to larger aircraft due to increased cargo volume, and the company is vigorously pursuing new business. So we're moving in the right direction. It's unpleasant for those that got delayed or furloughed, but the pendulum is starting to swing the other way.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Originally Posted by Oldog View Post
As indicated in another post, some routes are being upgraded to larger aircraft due to increased cargo volume, and the company is vigorously pursuing new business. So we're moving in the right direction. It's unpleasant for those that got delayed or furloughed, but the pendulum is starting to swing the other way.

Where did you hear that?
Old 05-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Apteryx

Originally Posted by Planewatcher View Post
Where did you hear that?
My spies are everywhere.